Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

Title more or less says it all, would just like to get the general communities feedback on this, to relay it to BioWare.

I, like many other SWs(who have leveled up as Light) I've spoken with, were disappointed to finally get Jaesa only to find out we are unable to romance her as Light Side. I know I could have made her dark to romance, but her character and mine would lose all their compelling story elements and features for LS players. I loved the going against the norm feel of playing a LS SW up until end of act 1, when It just felt like I had been playing a storyline that was added as an afterthought. So much story emphasis has been placed on Jaesa, much more than any other making her an increasing intersting and compelling companion. I don't fully understand why the option isn't available. She is no longer a Jedi, part of the reason she joined is because I showed her the folly of sticking to close to a rigorous jedi code was.

BioWare, I would really love to see her added as a romantic option, either in a future patch, or if the story expands further for each class.

Thanks.

Edited by Ellvaan

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about choices (or, at least, it should be). And having choices means that things could not go as you would like to, or that I will experience something that you will not (and vice versa).

As a Dark Sider, Vette is far from an interesting companion, always *****ering about Sith way of life; yes, I could romance her, but I will not.

So while I understand your point, I think that those small things that differentiate the "life" of the chars are nice and add replayability (as a Mara, I'm tempted to play a Juggy just to see the Light Side warrior choices...)

Yeah, I don't understand the Bioware rationale for light side Jaesa. Is she a Jedi, or isn't she? I was under the impression she leaves the Jedi order because you convince her that the Jedi code is corrupt.

You convince her to help you change the Empire to a just government from within.

It doesn't make any sense that you can't romance her if she is light side, if you play a Jedi Knight/Couns yourself you can have a romance. On top of that... she is not a jedi anymore, she is a light side Sith (like you if you play LS), you are her master.

I am a bit disappointed that you can't really influence your crewmembers or get rid of them/have more choices, as a light sided Sith having Quinn with me feels like begging for a bullet in the back at some point, although LS choices become very very limited later in the game, where your basic LS choice is to apologize to someone before you slaughter everyone.

Someone either got very lazy there or it's just really bad design and they don't care.... you can't even try to reach a peaceful solution, ended up refusing a few quests because they were just too cruel to justify doing them as a LSS.

Playing a LSS was fun at the beginning, trying to change something from within, but they really lost that when you progress, also pretty monoton to always have to do quests for some Imperial Intelligence guy and noone else. Take Taris for example where the basic goal is to destroy the entire planet.. where is the option to at least say "hey, maybe destroying a entire planet is pretty stupid", it's like being forced to do things although they go against everything you stand for.

Title more or less says it all, would just like to get the general communities feedback on this, to relay it to BioWare.

I, like many other SWs(who have leveled up as Light) I've spoken with, were disappointed to finally get Jaesa only to find out we are unable to romance her as Light Side. I know I could have made her dark to romance, but her character and mine would lose all their compelling story elements and features for LS players. I loved the going against the norm feel of playing a LS SW up until end of act 1, when It just felt like I had been playing a storyline that was added as an afterthought. So much story emphasis has been placed on Jaesa, much more than any other making her an increasing intersting and compelling companion. I don't fully understand why the option isn't available. She is no longer a Jedi, part of the reason she joined is because I showed her the folly of sticking to close to a rigorous jedi code was.

BioWare, I would really love to see her added as a romantic option, either in a future patch, or if the story expands further for each class.

Thanks.

I disagree. Her personality is her personality. If she doesn't like a do-gooder then that's how she is. Its just like Kailyo sor the IA. She dislikes anything good you do.

At first I wanted to romance Jaesa because she's the only human female on my ship. And I wanted her to be an Light Sided Sith because...well......I'm also a Light Sided Sith.

When I found out that she couldn't be romanced it was already too late. I had progressed 4 levels in. I really don't see why she wouldn't be romanced anyway. I mean......using emotions and all. =/

So /sign here.

Also, I wouldn't mind having Thana Vesh as a romance option either even though she's b**ch.

Edited by Dionlight

I totally agree that LS Jaesa should be romance-able. With all the focus spent on her during Act I it would only make sense. She clearly is no longer a Jedi, she is your Sith apprentice; she admits it, your character admits it, Baras admits it. So it's not a taboo for her anymore, and the SI's Jedi companion is romance-able. Then there is the whole she wants to have your baby thing. People can use the whole "she just wants to carry on your legacy" crap, all they want, but last time I checked my female friends don't tell me they want to carry my baby just to carry on my genes. All in all I'm for more character development for every classes' companions, but feel like LS Jaesa the most should get some special treatment in the romance department. Also I like Vette and all but her whole sarcastic disposition gets really old, plus I haven't figured out why she is still tagging around. Then DS Jaesa, I dont even mind the fact that she turns into this cold blooded sadist, but she turns into a total whore, and its just eh no thanks.

I would also like the option of having a sexual encounter involving Jaesa, Vette and a random Jawa.

lol, a Jawa! :eek:

On topic though, I have too agree with the OP.

I was disappointed when I found out that if you go light there is no romance option.

But then again, who knows, perhaps that could change in a expansion.

Having learned that you can't romance Light Side Jaesa, I am reluctant to continue my class quest. I don't know if I want to make her Dark Side just to romance her, or take the chance that Bioware will change this in a later patch. Part of the thing is that I haven't made even one Dark Side option on my Warrior. Am I willing to forever see the 100 or so Dark Side points forever on my character info and know that I chose to make her a Sith? Probably. Still kinda lame.

To be honest there just should be a light side and dark side romance for her :( I'm happy with Vette and all but Jaesa is the only human chick we get >.> blue only does it so much lol

Really though please bioware change this please >< before most of us are max