Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

So I'm out of Act I into Act II and have 5k affection with her already, problem is I haven't gotten a single companion cutscene from her with exception of the beginning one. Now I do know there were some issues regarding her in beta, I take it this is the problem that was occurring or am I not far enough in yet? Is there some cutscene that has to be triggered first from the main story before it will unlock her personal cutscenes?

Update: How to Avoid this Issue

When you kill her 'brother' and you have a chat with her in the briefing room choosing the DS flirt option makes the flirt option in your conversation with her after tython DS. When you choose both these options she mentions wanting to kiss you but not. And afterwards you cannot pick up a quest from her.

If you choose NOT to flirt with her, i.e. avoid DS points, the second conversation yields a non-DS flirt (not LS either for obvious jedi moral reasons). This time she 'accepts' your advance rather than allude to her feelings. Then suddenly a bunch of side quests bunch up on her by the cockpit (as opposed to the briefing room). The second and third have non-DS flirts.

Another important point to make. A lot of people are asking why they can't talk to her BEFORE meeting her 'brother'. There is a very good reason for this. The first quest she gives starts by assuming you know about her past, therefore proves that you MUST complete Nar Shaddaa before you get anything from her.

Courtesy of Cadan

Edited by Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe that this hasn't been fixed, yet.

Best I can say is to get to Act 3. If Kira is still silent, then she is officially bugged for you. Do not fret. Now that this is Live, Bioware will have to fix this and cannot say "Just make another JK."

BioWare's been working on this for some time. Unfortunately, they don't know what's wrong any more than we do.

lol what? ur kidding now, right?

on top of that "silent bug" there's the "she dissapears and cannot be summoned" bug as well.

which has you stuck on your class quest, which is just obsurd.

gj bioware. rly pro.

Extremely disappointing to hear this is still an issue. I am playing Jedi Knight and using Kira as my companion most of the time. I've just landed on Nar Shadaa, have about 2500 affection, and have not fed her any gifts (some suspected this was an issue in beta). So far, no conversations except the one when you first get your ship about the ground rules.

BioWare's been working on this for some time. Unfortunately, they don't know what's wrong any more than we do.

Be patient. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.

lol cant tell if serious...

This has been present for over 5 builds now. Each build a high trafficking forum gets created to discuss "Theories" on how or why it is broken. People have BEGGED for Bioware to do so little as respond that this is a known bug, and yet Bioware has remained silent. Not 1 single word on the matter. If they are working on it, or are even aware, they need to say something because the game is out now and there is absolutely no excuse for this still being here. During beta it was justifiable to not say anything because its their prerogative, but now that this is live, we have a right to know why the only romancable companion for the Male Jedi Knight (arguably the most popular class) is still broken.

Edited by Emeka

I am absolutely flabbergasted that this has not been fixed yet. I reported this bug every build I played in since I started testing in August. Still nothing. Incredibly disappointing. Another innovative feature that Bioware failed to deliver on.

Be patient. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.

What makes Kira different from any other companion from any other class?

I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.

Major spoilers for Kira storyline:

When you kill her 'brother' and you have a chat with her in the briefing room choosing the DS flirt option makes the flirt option in your conversation with her after tython DS. When you choose both these options she mentions wanting to kiss you but not. And afterwards you cannot pick up a quest from her.

If you choose NOT to flirt with her, i.e. avoid DS points, the second conversation yields a non-DS flirt (not LS either for obvious jedi moral reasons). This time she 'accepts' your advance rather than allude to her feelings. Then suddenly a bunch of side quests bunch up on her by the cockpit (as opposed to the briefing room). The second and third have non-DS flirts.

Another important point to make. A lot of people are asking why they can't talk to her BEFORE meeting her 'brother'. There is a very good reason for this. The first quest she gives starts by assuming you know about her past, therefore proves that you MUST complete Nar Shaddaa before you get anything from her.

Obviously there are flag errors, I doubt your choice of words is supposed to block conversation attempts with her. I can't say for sure how many bad flags there are but I can say that avoiding the choices I mentioned above will help you out! Lesson is avoid the DS flirt (even if you are darkside, its only 50 points).

I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.

Holy crap, you are my hero. You totally made my day.

I think back to beta, and I did exactly what you suggest in your spoiler and sure enough, I was bugged. I finished Nar Shaada and was well through Tatooine and still no other quests popping up. I'll remember the fix this time through. This thread should be stickied until they fix this problem.

yeah however I don't know for certain this is the problem so don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work heh. I recommend it though

If it doesn't work, THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!!! :i_mad::wea_03:

Just kidding, thanks for giving me at least some hope. If you got it to work for you then I bet you did figure it out.

My friend just confirmed that the "not choosing the dark side flirt" worked for him....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BIOWARE!

How is THAT the key??? All this time! Thats why they never said anything, it was designed that way and its stupid. A lot of people are not going to know this and will RAGE when they finally get in game

Oh for gods sake, why didn't I read this before doing this quest. It's absolutely ridiculous for this bug, that has been around forever, to still have not been fixed. Get your act together Bioware, a regular player found the probable cause for this before you did.

So glad i read this before advancing any further, i was getting abit curious as to why she didn't want to talk so checked here. (On trooper everyone wanted to talk lots :D)

I did the first flirt after the kidnapped instance that keeps me safe from the bug so far correct?

If not i guess me and T7 will have to have fun times :p