Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the devs mentioned that this option might make it in for launch. Can anyone in the game confirm?

It's not in for launch. You can use a custom (orange type) armor with the hood down and keep it modded to stay relevant if you want.

I guess they want everyone to pretty much all look alike then.

Not to go all rabid fanboi on you, but I would disagree with this statement. Make sure you keep any orange armour that you enjoy the look of; some of it will be hood-less and you can keep it your entire career.

If I remember right the hood was tied to the armor.

Not all armors had hoods. The ones that did always showed unless you decided to "Show Helmet"

If you showed the helmet the hood was down, if you hid the helmet the hood was up.

I found a few sets of craftable armors that had no hoods, I'll likely aim for those and just 'progress' them through my levels

If I remember right the hood was tied to the armor.

Not all armors had hoods. The ones that did always showed unless you decided to "Show Helmet"

If you showed the helmet the hood was down, if you hid the helmet the hood was up.

Well, ok. There is a way to have the hood up or down, you just have to go into your view settings.

Cool. That works for me.

Make sure you keep any orange armour that you enjoy the look of; some of it will be hood-less and you can keep it your entire career.

By this, do you mean there is a vanity / appearance tab where you can choose the look of your character without affecting stats?

Disappointing.

As far as "finding an orange armor with the hood down," if you are a Jedi Guardian, you can't. There aren't any until level 50 as far as I know from beta.

Just level after level of hoods you can't remove, that make you look bald, that cover up the character you created in a game that's thirty percent close ups of your avatar.

Where are the looks BW advertised on the Jedi Progression video? Or the cover of the game? Or these, which have been on the Holonet for over a year:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-1

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-2

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/jedi-knight-guardian-0

I would like to see the face of my Jedi as BW suggested I would.

Edited by JohnRoy

Any one having trouble with the hood removing the headdress for female Twilek but not covering the head making them look bald?

I actually wanted my hood to show up, but all i get is a goofy looking bald head.

You are not alone. Bothers me to hell and back again.

I really hope they fix it soon.

By this, do you mean there is a vanity / appearance tab where you can choose the look of your character without affecting stats?

No.

Custom Armor has full mod slots that can be upgraded from basically 8-50 if you keep all the mods up to date.

Any one having trouble with the hood removing the headdress for female Twilek but not covering the head making them look bald?

I actually wanted my hood to show up, but all i get is a goofy looking bald head.

Ran into that today. Looks dumb. I went Shadow and was really looking forward to hoods! Would be nice to keep my headdress at least. Might have to re-roll for race... :mad:

So, a ton more people in now. And so far, the same all hooded gear is dropping, so I'd love if anyone could let me know if they have any Guardian Heavy Armor gear without a hood covering your face after level 13?

The only armor set I know of so far is the level 50 pvp gear. Is there anything besides that? I would love to know about the armors in my post a couple above, but until they make a hood toggle, I am happy for any lead there is. I really don't want to stare at a hood for the whole game.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you equip a helmet and select hide helmet, it pushes the hood down?

Thanks!

Yup, pretty disappointed too. Checked out all the gear at the synthweaving trainer and there's maybe a total of 5 unique looking chest pieces, the rest are recolorizations of the same 5, and they ALL have hoods. For a game where 50% of it is cutscenes with close-ups, why was this overlooked? I want to see the character I created up close.

Yup, pretty disappointed too. Checked out all the gear at the synthweaving trainer and there's maybe a total of 5 unique looking chest pieces, the rest are recolorizations of the same 5, and they ALL have hoods. For a game where 50% of it is cutscenes with close-ups, why was this overlooked? I want to see the character I created up close.

They all have hoods? NOOOO!!!! Synthweaving was my next place to look. I just have to hope that some non hood chest pieces drop somewhere in the game.

Why did the Devs show us three years of non-hooded Guardians in video after video and screen shot after screen shot, only to put none of that armor in the game? If hoods are so great, why did they put every single Jedi on Tython's hood down? Why can't I look like them? Why can't I look like the guy on the front of the game box?

Can i ask, who here is at end game? or even past level 35 for that matter? gear is something to be achieved in an mmo. Complain about aesthetics later on, in end game when content has been explored. don't expect all your goodies right out the door. this is an MMO. go work for it.

Can i ask, who here is at end game? or even past level 35 for that matter? gear is something to be achieved in an mmo. Complain about aesthetics later on, in end game when content has been explored. don't expect all your goodies right out the door. this is an MMO. go work for it.

You can't work for something that isn't there.

I am genuinely asking whether hood down gear exists for Guardians AT ALL, at any level. It's not a matter of asking for goodies at the door, it's a matter of whether there any goodies in the entire house.

If these armors, with the hood down, are in the game at any level:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/j...ght-guardian-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-0

I'll be okay with that.

But I also disagree with you that your point applies to a hood toggle. People with helmets can look at their character's head easily. There is a hide helmet feature included. People with hoods cannot.

This game is almost a third cut scenes with close ups. I would like to not look bald under a hood in every one, as that is not what I selected my character to look like. This thread is not about wanting the coolest gear now, it is about wanting my character to look the way BW suggested he would during three years of marketing, and wanting a feature that smugglers, BH's, and Troopers have with the touch of a button.

At level 17 now as a Jedi Sentinal.

All the dam robes I have are hood up only and the hood is part of the chest item so it can't be toggled like other headwear.

Makes me wonder why I spend time in the character creation menu and selecting a hairstyle etc. I don't want my dam hood up all the time!

You can't work for something that isn't there.

I am genuinely asking whether hood down gear exists for Guardians AT ALL, at any level. It's not a matter of asking for goodies at the door, it's a matter of whether there any goodies in the entire house.

If these armors, with the hood down, are in the game at any level:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/j...ght-guardian-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-0

I'll be okay with that.

But I also disagree with you that your point applies to a hood toggle. People with helmets can look at their character's head easily. There is a hide helmet feature included. People with hoods cannot.

This game is almost a third cut scenes with close ups. I would like to not look bald under a hood in every one, as that is not what I selected my character to look like. This thread is not about wanting the coolest gear now, it is about wanting my character to look the way BW suggested he would during three years of marketing, and wanting a feature that smugglers, BH's, and Troopers have with the touch of a button.

Do you know what level those models where? what content they were being shown at? its impossible to know whats entirely in the game at this point. not to mention expansions and such. i cant comment on the toggle, as i too would have enjoyed the option. but you cant hold it against them for having certain quarks and such. wow didnt get an appearance tab till last month. DCUO did do a great job on styles, but game play, environment and many other aspects are lacking. its an mmo in its infancy, thats performing at levels surpassing others. be patent, if in three months we cant find you a hoodless/down piece somewhere, ill eat my hood.