Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

So I was wondering which class has the best and worse class story according to your people.

I will start. So far I have a level 23 Sith Assassin and so far the story has been very good, sure sometimes the side quests make a drag a little and slow the experience but overall I am impressed. :cool:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best - IA (most choices with consequences hands down)

2nd best - SW (very entertaining, doesnt take itself too seriously)

Worst - propably Trooper. After chapter 1 (which isn't bad in itself) there pretty much is no story. Just some (very) loosely connected missions.

2nd worst - Consular (ZERO choices with consequences, sometimes story even actually retcons your dark side choices)

Edited by Kozor

Best: Smuggler for me so far. I'll be playing IA for its story soon though. But I'm really attached to Mako on my BH. <3

Worst: Jedi Consular. Really boring story from beginning to the end of Act I. Didn't bother doing anything past that.

Agent, I'd say, is the best so far. I enjoyed Hunter well enough (though at times I felt like it was contrived). The first chapter of Trooper is excellent, but I haven't gotten farther.

The worst? I'd go with Warrior, if only because I can't stand the character's responses. All dead-pan one-liners.

I've only progressed any length into two. The Imperial Agent, which I finished, is fantastic. One of the best pieces of writing I've seen in a game. Probably the best I've seen in a Star Wars property. It's partially because it's such an unusual angle on the Star Wars setting, I suppose.

The other I've played is the Consular, which really just didn't grab me at all. I'm in the early part of Act 2 on that one, so maybe it picks up? Dunno.

Consular is one of the worst, without ANY question of shadow of doubt.

It's not even about whether I like "that" kind of story or if those "type" of companions are right for me, it's that the story is literally written very very poorly.

Let me give an easy example (without giving anything away): at the start, you eventually get to a point where you must "urgently" do something. Now, the only reason we know it's "urgent" is because someone had to flat out tell us, as opposed to good story telling, that would set up the dialogue, events, and characters in such a way that WE would FEEL that this was urgent, not because someone just said so.

It's all about characterization. There is NONE of it in first part of the consular story, zero. So you have no empathy or emotions, one way or the other, about ANYONE in your story.

Such a simple story device was completely left out and replaced with "cause we said so", it's pathetic.

Played up to level 10 of the trooper in beta and I liked it. I'm currently in chapter 1 of the Jedi Knight and I find it alright. Nothing to extravagant but it isn't necessarily bad.

I'd probably like it better if I wasn't constantly being dragged down by the side missions and other quests.

I think my biggest gripe with this game is how you can very easily out-level the side missions. That kind of forces you to pay attention to them and neglect your story. But by doing that, I lose the momentum I gained from following the story and all the feeling that goes with it.

I dunno, the Consular storyline gets better over time. I loved the Knight storyline. I've played the IA through chapter one, but it was all epic, all the time.

That said, the WORST has got to be the Inquisitor. Chapter one is pretty good. Chapter two just goes... "wha?" Chapter three actively saddened and sickened me. I can't believe it got through quality control. If I wasn't having so much fun with the class itself, I would've laughed at some of the stuff in there (that I'm sure was meant to be taken seriously.)

I'd also like to point out that in my opinion, Bounty Hunters have the best crew. They've all got some great personalities. I found myself attached to the idea of my character and Mako having a romantic relationship. I really feel for Gault's situation, being cooped up when he's used to doing anything and everything he wants. Torian's a cool person that I can see my character being really good friends with, despite a little jealousy with how close he and Mako may seem at times. Blizz is THE BEST sidekick anyone could ask for. Skadge is that guy who I'll always butt heads with, but have an odd respect for.

On my Smuggler, I never really got that. Corso was ok. He's a little too much of a boyscout. Risha's whatever. Bowdaar is kinda just there.

The crew added quite a bit more depth and interest for me when it came to playing my story.

Edited by CapitaFK

I have only played through Consular so far, and I enjoyed it. I'm going through SI right now, and yeah its first chapter is better at this point, but not by much. The consular story takes a very interesting twist near the end of Chapter 2 and it has a pretty good finish.