Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

vertigofm

Alright, this is designed for you to argue the most fun class to play. Here are the ground rules:

1. Fun is a relative word, but we're arguing primary mechanics here. Fun should be related to class quests, combat, and play-style. Fun is NOT measured by how much you like the IDEA of a Jedi Knight, or how much you love looking at your level 50 Sith Sorcerer.

2. You actually have had to try most of the classes up to at least level 10. If you've only tried Jedi Guardian and Republic Commander, you might want to sit this one out.

3. Keep flaming to a minimum. Just because one person does not think your class isn't the most fun to play, does not mean you have to defend that class to the death or delete it. Be fair.

Have at it!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having only played the 4 republic starting stories and 1 sith warrior, I found the smuggler class to be the most fun. Move into a gunslinger and it was also super fun. worst class has to be jedi knight/guardian who really is very boring class to play.

I have a Trooper at 44, BH at 33 and a few others in the late teens early 20's.

It's a toss up so far between Agent and BH.

The Trooper story line itself is okay but the companions are ..... a bit dull.

The Trooper and BH play exactly the same near enough I just enjoyed the BH story a bit more.

Agent (sniper AC) plays quite well apart from the odd glitch in the cover mechanic.

But so far I had the most fun with my Agent and BH.

Reason my Trooper is higher level is I spent a few days just PvP healing and that was fun.

Having only played the 4 republic starting stories and 1 sith warrior, I found the smuggler class to be the most fun. Move into a gunslinger and it was also super fun. worst class has to be jedi knight/guardian who really is very boring class to play.

If Jedi Knight/Guardian is the least fun to play I'm insanely excited to try the other classes considering how enthralled I've been with this class.

^^ Knights really take into the 30s to develop, and they don't get flashy moves but I think they are really fun once they do. BH gets flamethrowers and giant missile attacks at level 10 so they're definitely frontloaded on cool moves.

I really like Guardian/Juggernaut. The storylines are both pretty epic and they did a great job of making the moves for guard have finesse while the jugg just straight up brutalizes with huge swings. I love the amount of mobility and control they get over combat, bouncing around like a rabbit, throwing the saber left and right, hitting stuns and chokes and force pushing.

I also really like both agents. A ranged DPS class with a sniper rifle is a unique thing and I enjoy the cover mechanic. A melee heal class that uses an energy system instead of mana is also pretty unique. I love the challenge of pacing myself with healing, and the ability to "burst" healing when necessary but you pay the price with energy regen.

Plus the agent storyline is just amazing.

Edited by SageGaspar

Most fun class for me is the juggernaut. Played Inquisitor; the game felt like easy mode. All the gunners feel like they use nerf guns. Juggernaut is a challenge, and you have to use tons of skills to be good. Inquisitor can mash just one skill to kill everything. I don't like playing the easier-to-use classes :3

Id say Smuggler is tied with Bounty Hunter for the sheer fun of watching the Combat Animations.

Tropper is just plain awesome.

Consular is fun & interesting.

Sadly what should be the games signature class, the JK is bland, dull, boring , weak & rubbish at PvP.

For me its Trooper.

By far the best storyline of the classes I've played, and I think trooper has some of the coolest companions. I dont think they are dull ? Elara Dorne seems like a real uptight person at first, but her personal conversations are quite good, and I love her imp accent. M1-4X is also awesome, his undying thirst to kill imps and comments are really funny. And last but not least Tanno Vik, who's also a great companion.

Im playing as a commando DPS, and using Elara Dorne as healer and Im pretty much unstopable ^^

I've tried using M1-4x and then done the healing myself, but I find the enemies go down faster if Elara just keeps me up and let me do the dmg.

And the BT-7 Thunderclap is one of the coolest ships in the game imo.

Next in the line would prolly be JK for me, mostly because... Well its a "classic" jedi.

And I love T7 and Kira. Though I dont find myself quite as hooked on the storyline as with the trooper, and I also find it a bit hard playing with the companions I like. Im playing as guardian, and even though hes defence specced, he feels quite weak without a healer by my side. At least compared to my trooper. And also the dps is kinda low, so with a healer companion it takes "ages" killing, again compared to the trooper.

The best storyline IMO is the Sith Inquiz storyline.

So Sith Inquiz could be the most fun to play (who doesnt like electrifying your opponents anyways???)

Jedi Cons is also a very strong Storyline and class

Imp Agent has an amazing storyline but its class is less effective then some others (Its more defined as "here is what your good at" where as other classes have wider ranging abilities)

Trooper is a very enjoyable class to play and its storyline is very militaristic and very well done!

Then we have the Bounty Hunter

Im only on act one (just left Droman Kaas) and the Storyline has been pure unadulterated CARP.

Terrible storyline, boring and mundane as they get

Add to that the Bounty Hunter starts on THE WORST STARTER WORLD THERE IS

I mean, there simply is nothing exciting about Hutta.

Tython has its ruins and Jedi Temple

Ord Mantell is at war and it looks it

Korriban is simply amazing with its old ruins (even if Bioware did totally screw up The Sith Sorceror Naga Sadow legacy by moving his remains from Yavin V to Korriban and having him represent Sith Warriors when he was a Sith Sorceror who utilized Battle Meditation and didnt engage in open combat).

Hutta though is depressing, uninteresting, bland, and void of any appealing characteristics

So with all that going against the Bounty Hunter

Once you get the skill "Death From Above", no other class is as much fun to actually play!

All the classes have better storylines

All the classes (except for Imp Agent) have better starting worlds

And heck, All the classes have better starships

But NONE OF THEM are as fun to just go out and kill stuff play as a Bounty Hunter.

Just on actual combat, the BH. Just big explosions and blasts of fire all over the place, you can hear another BH fighting from a long distance away by the constant muffled thuds of their missiles and bombs going off. It's also very hard to run out of their resource in a single fight unless you do it on purpose. They can just go all out from the start. The trooper I've played just as much and it really doesn't capture the same feel, the plasma/electricity stuff isn't as exciting, nor are the rounds, and it also seems like I run out of ammo a lot faster than my BH hits the heat cap.

The Knight/Warrior is crippled out the gate with the requirement to build up resources at the start of a fight and the longish CDs on their "free" abilities.

The Shadow/Assassin I only played a little bit but their tiny energy bar and huge costs is a pain. They can use like two abilities before running out of energy.

Sorcerer is probably second place, they have a huge energy bar that never runs out in normal fights, and they throw all sorts of lightning and cool looking "dark" effects around. Not as impressive as the BH's explosions, but much more exciting than the Sage's pebbles. Speaking of which... "I'm going to throw pebbles and dust at you until you die" was not what I imagined the class would be like.

Lastly, the Smuggler/Agent is so weird and diverse among specs it's hard to pin down. I put a lot of time into Operative, and it's just a really messed up class, the healing tree is nice but the whole vibroknife system is, well, bad/unfinished. The Sniper/Gunslinger is a lot more fun, but without stealth it feels like it's missing something IMO. What kind of agent/sniper can't stealth?

If Jedi Knight/Guardian is the least fun to play I'm insanely excited to try the other classes considering how enthralled I've been with this class.

All I see is complainers on this thread, The game just released expect there to be unbalance and broken content.

Ladies and gentlement this is the cognitive dissonance of your typical FANBOY

If I buy a car without working tail lights I am going to complain. If I buy a video game, no matter how good it is, I will complain if I get constantlydisconnected or has a really bad story part( example: Sith Inquisitor story on Nar Shadda was the worst writing i've seen in a video game)

I have played every master class and some multiple times on both sides now till level 16+.

Most fun was a IA operative.

Least fun was both master class of Jedi knights and Sith Warriors.

Strongest class was Sage/Sorc by far.

Weakest was Knights and Warriors.

I just finished my last class which is the sage. Saved it for last bc everyone plays this class. From level 10 I pull atleast 150k damage a warfront. And every warfront im thrown in with mostly level 50s. All single target damage, and I heal 25% of the time.

Edited by TheMove

Ladies and gentlement this is the cognitive dissonance of your typical FANBOY

If I buy a car without working tail lights I am going to complain. If I buy a video game, no matter how good it is, I will complain if I get constantlydisconnected or has a really bad story part( example: Sith Inquisitor story on Nar Shadda was the worst writing i've seen in a video game)

First, storyline is a matter of opinion. Some people don't even like any star wars (shocker!) not even part 4-6! So just because you personally don't like one part doesn't mean the game is "broken."

Second, there's no way to test how an mmo will run when MILLIONS of people are playing because beta groups are far smaller then launch numbers.

Third, I know that it can be frustrating when the game is running slow but don't compare a video game to a potential accident causer that could result in death like driving with a broken signal light. I hate to tell you this but it's just a game meant to be fun...

Most fun class for me is the juggernaut. Played Inquisitor; the game felt like easy mode. All the gunners feel like they use nerf guns. Juggernaut is a challenge, and you have to use tons of skills to be good. Inquisitor can mash just one skill to kill everything. I don't like playing the easier-to-use classes :3

You're complaining that the gun using classes feel like they have nerf weapons while using a class with a lightsaber that has to hit an enemy like 30 times to kill them. Did you even get mortar volley/death from above? There is no more satisfying an ability to use in any MMO than that on.

The Shadow/Assassin I only played a little bit but their tiny energy bar and huge costs is a pain. They can use like two abilities before running out of energy.

Sorcerer is probably second place, they have a huge energy bar that never runs out in normal fights, and they throw all sorts of lightning and cool looking "dark" effects around. Not as impressive as the BH's explosions, but much more exciting than the Sage's pebbles. Speaking of which... "I'm going to throw pebbles and dust at you until you die" was not what I imagined the class would be like.

Lastly, the Smuggler/Agent is so weird and diverse among specs it's hard to pin down. I put a lot of time into Operative, and it's just a really messed up class, the healing tree is nice but the whole vibroknife system is, well, bad/unfinished. The Sniper/Gunslinger is a lot more fun, but without stealth it feels like it's missing something IMO. What kind of agent/sniper can't stealth?

Assassin actually is a lot of fun once you learn how to manage your energy. You can't just spam everything mindlessly or you will run out fast. But there's a talent in the Deception tree that increases your energy regen in stealth and for the first 6 seconds after you leave stealth. So that helps a lot provided you're in stealth as much as possible. If you open a fight out of stealth, you can get out some initial burst while maintaining good energy regen. After that it's just a matter of weaving in your free strike sometimes so you don't get low and being smart about what skills you use when. Fun once you get the hang of it.

I've only tried Sniper in the teens and its fun so far, but I've played an Operative healer into the 20s and that class is fun. It's definitely very unique but even in the 20s I feel like something is missing. It's a late bloomer I think sadly.

DPS sage is my main and that's a lot of fun. I actually prefer the boulders, pebbles, and pure force attacks to the Sorceror's lightning - having all your attacks be lightning gets old fast, as does the storyline.

Only just started making Trooper, BH, and Knight alts so not much to say there but I do find them all interesting. All in all I'd have to say Sage is the best. None are really bad, though - I'm having fun with all of them! Might be worth noting, too that I'm not a huge Star Wars fan though so I had no franchise expectations that the game had to live up to lol.

Edit: I have to agree with the previous poster who didn't like Hutta. It just sucks so bad. And to add to his comments, it's also too easy to find yourself at level 4 or 5 and all of your quests are orange, yet you have no more to do. Both of the Republic starting worlds are sooo much better. Korriban is pretty good, too.

Edited by Leiloni