Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those things that technically I'm sure they could do quite easily.

But in terms of what matters for them, ask yourself, why would they do it when they can come out with separate models with hoods up and down, from the cartel market, and make more money off the player base?

Anything aesthetic from this point forward you can be guaranteed is going to come from the cartel market, that's the point we've reached with this game. Its the same thing with dyes, it would be incredibly easy to allow players to change the colors of their gear themselves, but far more profitable to do it with one-time use dyes only available for purchase from Bioware.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 years later.... Does anyone believe that Costume Designer will allow for some hood attachments modifications?

I can say with some confidence that there are some people that believe that it will be able to things like add/remove hoods and/or shoulder pads from otherwise awesome items. But I personally would be shocked if it could do anything like that.

I, too, would be really, really shocked if it did turn out to be a designer where you could actually remove bits and bobs from armor. I seriously doubt it, though. I'm hoping it'll be like LOTRO's wardrobe feature, where you can have 10 (or at least a few) outfits set up at any given time and switch between them at will. I know I'm excited to finally have appropriate Hoth and Tatooine outfits alone without having to deal with mod-switching. :) I just hope it isn't too heavily CM based.

• 5 months later...

Revive and I don't *********** get it.

All armors can have the hood removed, it's easy to see with the Twi'leks (and probably the Togrutas) so why the **** we just can't switch from "Twi'lek mode emulated to not emulated ?" I just simply don't get it.

It's not like there's animation in the hair, in the hood, yes, but if you removed it simply like on a Twi'leks why we cannot have the same on the other armor ? I'm quite ************ sorry, but I follow the game since 2009, played day *********** one, I remember the idea was already placed on the forum and was quite loved by all the community, and even with M of $ we cannot simply emulate a "Twi'lek" mode.

And we cannot have a music loop too... too bad.

Someone asked about the hood toggle @ gamescom but it seems, according to dulfy transcript, that they dodged the question.

One thing to note: the jedi in the cut scenes (which are supposedly from live game footage) is wearing something that is supposedly only available in the game with a "hood up" option. The set in the trailer most definitely has a hood on it (in the down position).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
They said it's technically impossible to do at the moment and in the near future. And near is somethin between 6 - 12 months. And after that it's gonna be the same. Let's just have have them make hood up / down headpieces and settle this -_-

Then they are lying to you. It is not only possible, it's already in the game.

If you want to see for yourself, get the Consular's Headgear, and watch your hood go down.

I am using it with the Handmaiden set.

The problem, is that I cannot find a Cartel item, so it can work from level 1 and be adaptive.

All they need to do to solve the issue is add a head item to the existing Cartel set; Covert Energy Armor Set.

There are so many bugs to fix, still in the game since RotHC that could be easily fixed, and are not, so don't hold your breath.

I just spent hours looking for a level 1 Cartel head item to replace the Counselor's piece, but not having any luck. If anybody knows of one, please let us know.

Then they are lying to you. It is not only possible, it's already in the game.

If you want to see for yourself, get the Consular's Headgear, and watch your hood go down.

I am using it with the Handmaiden set.

The problem, is that I cannot find a Cartel item, so it can work from level 1 and be adaptive.

All they need to do to solve the issue is add a head item to the existing Cartel set; Covert Energy Armor Set.

There are so many bugs to fix, still in the game since RotHC that could be easily fixed, and are not, so don't hold your breath.

I just spent hours looking for a level 1 Cartel head item to replace the Counselor's piece, but not having any luck. If anybody knows of one, please let us know.

Exactly this, there are some head items in game already that toggle the hide hood already. All they need to do is make covert head and add that part about the no hood like Twilek and Tortoga do.

I would much rather have the Twilek no hood instead of not having a no hood option because they don't want to make a hood down version (where you can see the hood on your toons back) of all the armor in game.

Imagine how many of these Covert energy head piece they would sell on the CM for an easy 500CC

There are so many nice robes in game I'd like to use but they have a hood up which i hate or they have all that flair that hangs down in front of their groin area. They should of added that hanging groin flair to the belts.

Edited by Joefjr

• 1 year later...
Soooo....Still no option to toggle hood on/off huh? I gotta say this is a feature that has been requested for so long, by so many people and since its already practically in place considering if you wear a helmet it lowers/removes the hood right? so why not just give us a toggle to do the same thing without the use of a helmet?

Okay it's been almost 6 years Bioware, how hard could this possibly be mechanically to implement? 5.4 is coming up and this would be a small but very meaningful quality of life change. There are so many cool gear pieces that'd look even cooler if we could throw a hood on them, and a lot of cool helmets which would look SICK with hood up options. Please BW, this is a minor QoL change that'd go a very long way!

Okay it's been almost 6 years Bioware, how hard could this possibly be mechanically to implement? 5.4 is coming up and this would be a small but very meaningful quality of life change. There are so many cool gear pieces that'd look even cooler if we could throw a hood on them, and a lot of cool helmets which would look SICK with hood up options. Please BW, this is a minor QoL change that'd go a very long way!

Every armor set in game? How would that work? Or only Jedi/Sith armor? The sets that have a hood obviously qualify for a toggle option but how about the rest?

Sure would be nice though to see this (small) quality of gaming experience come into play.

Its not that hard to implement, but why the hell would they when most chest pieces have hood up and down versions, requiring you to collect both via the cartel market, as well as buy more outfit slots to use both via the cartel market?

They make no money by giving you a hood toggle, and this game is no longer about making players happy, its about sucking whatever cartel whales are left dry.