Beginner's Bounty Hunter FAQ and Guide

AnubisXy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I demand you edit your post;

The statement "we need to be a little more proactive than other healers like sorcerers and operatives" is ********.

Operatives are the hardest healing class to play it's also the weakest.

You have several moving cast heals. Operatives have none.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfIzbzGhM.1

I mainly PVP, so while the dmg reduction and other PVP related talents are useful, so is bursting a target down.

I use this spec. You can Use for PVP or PVE. increasing aim and all fire dmg is important considering you use flame burst routinely and then follow up with Rail shot. not having full dmg in rail shot abilities is retarded, especially with PVP Eliminator gear or Rakatta set. Ireden. Missle should always be up and you spam flame burst and hit rail shot when it procs or CD is over. This is much better.

Thermo is 15 sec CD and hits for 3k plus on a crit.. A rail shot could do that. So putting 6 points into that to get it is silly. Increase flame burst and fire dmg or aim overall. The DoT dmg increase is below 30% In PVP, that will be highly insignificant and 30% to a dot that does on average 300-500 a tick, is so low, its not worth 3 points, or giving up 9 % aim.

I wish I had some practice dummies to prove the numbers, but, logically, for anyone who has played MMO's for awhile, doesn't seem worth the points.

Discussssss :-D

Edited by rcbrod

Has anyone calculated how much Aim translates into how much damage/heal. Like 10 Endurance raises your health by 100...

So if you get a piece with 10 more aim, how much damage will that do over the old piece? Or how much will your heal hit for?

1500 aim = a fast scan that hits for 500 to 600

1510 aim = a fast scan that hits for ???

I am having a debate with my GM on how important it is on some pieces that have 5 to 10 aim upgrades but have 50 endurance upgrades... he swears that taking the 5 to 10 aim is a BIG increase in dps and the 50 endurance is a waste...

I counter with 10 aim is almost worthless but the 50 endurance will keep your butt alive so you can be healed.

The only way to resolve it is to get some numbers on how much aim/str/cunning etc is worth in real time damage or healing.

Anyone with some real info?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
But, a Sorcerer will inevitably run out of Force points for healing, whereas if a Bounty Hunter is careful with his Heat, he can potentially heal forever; still, this might not be a huge benefit. Most end game bosses have strict enrage timers, so even if a Mercenary could heal for 20 minutes straight, it doesn't mean that he'll ever realistically be able to do so.
This is inaccurate. A sorcerer/sage has to manage their force just as well or they go OOF. Maybe they are better dealing with burst, I don't know. But a good sorcerer/sage uses their noble sacrifice ability (or Empire equiv) to manage their force, regaining it, and also uses cheap heals like rejuv and healing trance (or Empire equivs). If the sorc/sage is able to spend the GCD they'd use their noble sacrifice proc to get free force, but if they cannot because they must heal burst then they lose more force. I don't know which one of these is more competitive or better, but they are at their heart and nature similar mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GREAT, but where do you begin putting your points? Can someone link me to somewhere i can find a breakdown of the arsenal pve spec. or something...i dunno if someone already asked this, sorry.

I'm a lvl 25 merc and I just respeced to go for the absolute best dpser. But where do I start? do I put points into improved heat BEFORE Hired Muscle etc, or does that even matter?