Hemophilic Slash vs Cut to Pieces Tacticals on single target Vigilance/Vengeance

MiniMilian

Pre 6.0 I was a reasonable experienced Vigilance Guardian/Vengeance Juggernaut player in pve content. Now I am experimenting with both these tacticals. I would be interested in the experiences you guys have made, especially on how to maximize the Hemophilic Slash usage (contrary to what the name suggests dot refresh via Barrage/Ravage).

Hemophilic Slash is definitely the way to go. Cut to Pieces is very powerful for AoE damage but for single target it will barely make a difference. You will just get a couple extra Vengeful Slams here and there in filler spots and that's it.

Thing about Hemophilic Slash that you might be missing is that Ravage does not simply refresh DoTs, it makes them do damage on every single hit of Ravage. So, that's 3 extra DoT ticks of Shatter per Ravage and 3 extra hits of 1 or 2 other DoTs, depending on when you can land a Ravage (you will not have Ravage on all 3 DoTs each time, it's impossible) + higher uptime on 2 of your small DoTs. You pretty much play Vengeance the same way as in 5.10, just prioritize hitting Ravage on 3 DoTs over all other fillers (Hew, Vicious Slash, Saber Throw). So Ravage will be moved around a bit.

Thing about Hemophilic Slash that you might be missing is that Ravage does not simply refresh DoTs, it makes them do damage on every single hit of Ravage. So, that's 3 extra DoT ticks of Shatter per Ravage and 3 extra hits of 1 or 2 other DoTs, depending on when you can land a Ravage (you will not have Ravage on all 3 DoTs each time, it's impossible) + higher uptime on 2 of your small DoTs. You pretty much play Vengeance the same way as in 5.10, just prioritize hitting Ravage on 3 DoTs over all other fillers (Hew, Vicious Slash, Saber Throw). So Ravage will be moved around a bit.

Thank you for explaining that out. I was on the fence about how useful it was if it's only refreshing once, but if it's ticking with each hit, that justifies it to me.