how bad is eng compared to viru right now in pve?

ottffsse

As of last 2 years it seems eng+mm were PvP dueling specs while viru a pve sustain spec.

Is it still so and has situation gotten more pronounced? It looks like viru is one of the three top parsing specs in 6.0. On the other hand I hardly see any eng 6.0 guides and rotation breakdowns. What gives? (I highly prefer the attacks and looks of eng or even mm compared to all that green splashy stuff on viru).

Edited by ottffsse

That only means that players who post their parses to the internet are better playing Virulence. Virulence was always better on single target, but Engineering is an unique spec. At times it will be lower than the rest, while in other situations it can really shine. It is all situational and players should play what they like, not what arbitrary parses say.

That only means that players who post their parses to the internet are better playing Virulence. Virulence was always better on single target, but Engineering is an unique spec. At times it will be lower than the rest, while in other situations it can really shine. It is all situational and players should play what they like, not what arbitrary parses say.

^ This sorta. I mean if this was *cough* another mmo and could have Auras running i'd prolly play virulance non-stop. But with how rigid the UI is i hate having to constantly keep my eyes toward the bottom of the screen. Normaly i'd set up trackers somewhere around the middle , left and right of my character but havn't found a comfortable way to do that with the SWTOR UI. So i tend to lean toward more forgiving specs like MM / Engi.

Unless you're actually compeeting for said top world parses ease of use will probably serve you better in the long run, unless the disciplines are blatantly unbalanced against each other wich currently, they are not. But yes if you can perform the .... ~25 step Virulance rotation from muscle memory yes it is currently top dog. I assume due to the Exploit Weakness tactical actually changing the rotation abit and adding "something" instead of the other two single target tacticals just saving you GCD's

It's hard to say but you have to realize with parses, anything over 22-23k (prob closer to 21) is fraudulent because of the guild buffs. You have to check the APM and kinda figure that part out for yourself

Up to 23k without guild perks is achievable by many specs. Dirty Fighting was able to get 25k without perks but not sure where it stands after the nerf.

Edited by Equeliber

Up to 23k without guild perks is achievable by many specs. Dirty Fighting was able to get 25k without perks but not sure where it stands after the nerf.

They're able to get just as high. If anything, the changes were an overall buff because they fixed a bug on established foothold which made it do significantly less damage. That bug fix completely nullified the tactical nerf.