Dread Warlord Pack Changes

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

With our last Cartel Market pack, we made some changes to how drops worked. New pack items would only contain Silver or higher rarity so that we could really focus in one quality and the other slot was a guaranteed Grand Chance Cube. The feedback we heard pretty quickly from many of you is that due to those changes, packs didn't feel quite as rewarding when you opened them. We agree with that sentiment and we want to continue improving this process going forward. The Dread Warlord Pack contains some changes we hope will address your feedback.

Each pack now will now contain 5 slots, instead of the previous 4. Here is what each slot looks like:

1. Guaranteed new pack item. These items are all of Silver rarity or higher.
  2. Any Cartel Market item of any rarity, up to Platinum. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  3. Any Cartel Market item of Bronze or Silver rarity. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  4. Companion Gift
  5. Jawa Scraps

By adding an entire item slot to the pack, along with giving you items as opposed to just Grand Chance Cubes we are confident you feel more value from opening Cartel Packs. All of these changes come with no increase in price as well. When the Dread Warlock Pack drops tomorrow, let us know what you think of these changes and keep the feedback coming!

-eric

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest question Eric, how is "any cartel market item up to platinum rarity" any different from "a Grand Chance Cube"? Is it mostly just to show immediate value? Because I thought GCCs (which can already drop in those two slots) already had a chance to drop anything?

So if I'm understanding it correctly, you will no longer get items such as "Sith Recluse supplementary armor" Which will contain gloves/bracers/etc for example, but instead it would always be a Sith recluse full armor set?

Maybe I'm being illiterate, but I just want to be sure. It seems like a nice change overall!:rak_03:

This actually sounds quite promising. Hope to see some better drops with the CC I continue to save up. :D

Same here, I would like 1 further change though with the 5th item I would like to see jawa stuff or a cartel market certificate so that players can still get a hold of them.

2. Any Cartel Market item of any rarity, up to Platinum. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  3. Any Cartel Market item of Bronze or Silver rarity. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  4. Companion Gift
  5. Jawa Scraps

See this is what I would prefer to see....

4. Companion Gift or Reputation Token.
  5. Jawa Scraps or Cartel Certificate.

As well as a lowering of the chance of a Grand Chance Cube, and reworking the Grand Chance Cubes so they have better weighting (60% Bronze / 15% Silver / 10% Gold / 5% Platinum) and Armor only drops as complete sets.

The problem you have is with perception of the RNG of the contents of these packs, there is no real long term benefit to collecting these anymore due to the lack of reputation attached to the pack shipments. Perhaps making some small adjustments to bring them back to where they used to be in terms of collectable (by adding reputation and bringing back the vendors in the lower areas of fleets), as well as returning the Cartel Certificate system (which has been wholly ignored on the subject of availability since stopping them dropping in packs).

While you're in the improved communication realm of late, how about publishing the exact odds of the chance cubes and pack contents? If players know the chances going into gambling, they'll perhaps be less inclined to complain when the shiny they wanted doesn't drop for them? Long shot I know :rak_03:

But that's just one chance cube without the wrapper, plus a lousier chance cube, i mean the full armor part is fine but it's a very small change (but hey, it's still an improvement, baby steps and all that).

I don't care for most mounts, emotes and other random stuff, it would be better if people could have at least a guarantee of getting the type of item they want, it may not be Revan Reborn but it's a guaranteed armor set.

At the very least let us exchange the stuff we don't want for something worthwhile, we already established that the most sought after items are worth the price of a hypercrate without discount, so worst case scenario if i buy an hypercrate i can exchange it for anything i want, turn single packs into a currency; platinum item= 26 crates, gold =10-13 crates, silver = 5 crates, bronze = 1 crate.

4. Companion Gift or Reputation Token.
  5. Jawa Scraps or Cartel Certificate.

Seconded. When BW releases the classic packs, I buy 1-2 hypercrates a week, every week. Rep and CMCs are a huge part of that.

These changes may make it more likely for me to pick up a supercrate or two every once in a while, but if they want my $40-80/wk, they'll put rep/CMCs back in the packs...

I like this change, but I'd also like to see Cartel Certificates added back into the mix.

A NEW reputation token would be ok, too, but I would not want OLD reputation tokens dropping from packs.

Edited by Rankyn

I haven't bought packs since there was reputation removed but this sounds like a better way to give some value than previous packs.

I agree. I wish we could get cartel certificates again as well.

Edited by Jerqa

it's almost as if bw have ran out of ideas for CC packs, it's a variation on a theme these days with item sets, lightsabers, blasters and what not. i have yet to see anything stand out in a long while. it's the same stuff with a different name and slightly different apperance.

these packs have become so redundant i can't see the point in keeping it going honestly. besides there are so many packs out there now that they can be rotated around and it would take a long time to come back around to the end of the set.

really bw should consider focusing on something else and raking in the cash from rotating the very old ones all the way to the new ones for a bit.

Liking the rest of the change but not increased risk with no. 2. I would rather get a chance cube (that sells for a moderate amount of credits) and then decide if I want to open it rather than risk getting a plethora of bronze items no one buys.

Then again I understand that increasing the gambling risk probably is why you changed i to be that way.

Edited by exfell

Each pack now will now contain 5 slots, instead of the previous 4. Here is what each slot looks like:

[*]Guaranteed new pack item. These items are all of Silver rarity or higher.

All items in a new pack should be new pack items.

Silver or above doesn't say "quality" to me, it says "Collection money grab"

[*]Any Cartel Market item of any rarity, up to Platinum. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.

[*]Any Cartel Market item of Bronze or Silver rarity. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.

Grand Chance Cube, with or without their wrappers belong as their own thing and not involved in packs at all if I'm ever to buy packs again.

[*]Companion Gift

[*]Jawa Scraps

-eric

Companion gifts should be Artifact quality or better

Still no hint of mention of the number 1 and 2 pieces of feedback, consistent since the very first feedback thread almost 2 years ago, return Reputation and Cartel Certificates

These changes, while I could see them as minutely positive, do not convey "more value" but instead continued tone-deafness.

1. Companion Gift or Reputation Token.
  2. Jawa Scraps or Cartel Certificate.

Personally, I would disagree with a change like this.

Yes, it would help new players but, at the same time, it would punish older players. I currently have all reputation tracks maxed and have a stack of over 200 Cartel Certificates. I don't need anymore reputation or certs and by putting these back into current packs it would just add worthless stuff (to me) to my drop chances.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Personally, I would disagree with a change like this.

Yes, it would help new players but, at the same time, it would punish older players. I currently have all reputation tracks maxed and have a stack of over 200 Cartel Certificates. I don't need anymore reputation or certs and by putting these back into current packs it would just add worthless stuff (to me) to my drop chances.

Cartel Certs and Reputation in original shipments shared 1 drop slot. Nothing else dropped in that slot. It's why shipments that had 4 item packs and 6 item packs, the 4 item packs never dropped Certs because they didn't have a Reputation Trophy slot.

Any return I'd suggest doesn't have them in any other drop tables but their own, not touching chances of anything but themselves.