Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove the legacy deserter Lockout timer from Regs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please remove the legacy deserter Lockout timer from Regs

easyandrew
Yesterday , 03:33 PM | #21
GSF is horrendus for people coming and not doing anything at all,or constantly suiciding non stop or just flying around,when called they dont even bother answering,,as for pvp regs lockout,,keep it,,im in star forge and the few times it pops,,right away 1-2 kill themselves right as the match starts and spam over and over for the rest of us to do the same ..1 commando just used his basic attack all night obviously making us loose,,,since we can`t name the people,,2 of them in gen chat openly admit to what they are doing and don`t care at all,,so for how many reasons people want this to be change,,,i say keep it as it is,,,

jediharrsion
Yesterday , 10:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
People win trade in regs? If thatís the case then you should look at why.

Firstly, Odessen popping too much or not giving players an alternative to choose the maps might be why they are standing in the corner when Odessen pops. Another reason is you can get teams that just donít try to win in Odessen. So some people give up and afk till itís over. In both cases, the legacy lock out timer simply wonít help your situation and is actually detrimental.

Secondly, if people are actual wintrading itís because they arenít winning matches to finish their missions. You get nothing else out of wintrading in regs. So if that is happening, then itís obvious the changes to completing the missions through wins only is having a detrimental affect on players and so they are taking steps to complete the missions the only way they know how. The legacy lockout also doesnít prevent this, in fact it encourages it.

Both these examples suggest an even bigger issue. That is players arenít having fun because they canít always complete their weeklies by just playing or they arenít having fun because certain maps pop or the match making puts you with people who donít care about winning.

Having the legacy lockout doesnít prevent this attitude or feeling. In fact it re-enforces peopleís resolve to wintrade or afk or worse, to stop queuing to play pvp. Which is more detrimental because less people play, which means worse matchmaking probability, which means more one sided matches, then more people decide that wintrading is the only way to get weeklies done.

The only place that a legacy lockout is needed is for ranked to stop people from manipulating the queue for ranking and rewards (people actually pay real money for this. They donít do that in regs).

Sadly, your situation isnít going to go away with keeping or removing the legacy lock out. Your issue is the way they changed it so only wins count now.
What Bioware need to do is go back to the points system of wins vs losses. But instead of it being the old 2:1 ration, they should change it to a 4:1 or even a 3:1 ratio. I believe the 4:1 is probably the better option. But Bioware should be willing to test it and if that doesnít work, consider the 3:1 ratio.

I hope Iíve cleared up why you are incorrect in your thinking that keeping the legacy lockout will help your situation.
If you think everyone is whining, maybe itís time to consider why they are? Itís probably because they arenít having fun under this arduous system. When people donít have fun, they either donít play (which is bad for the game) or they lash out. Telling us all you are sick of the whining certainly sounds like you arenít having fun either.
Win trading in regs is a direct result of the change in the daily/weekly missions, The lockouts are just the icing on the cake. The missions for the daily/weekly regs are no different then the missions for Ranked, where you have to win a match in order for the match to count toward the total number of wins you need to complete your daily/weekly.

In my opinion The lockouts should be changed back to a character based lockout rather then a legacy based lockout, I too have disconnected in a few matches and have unfortunately had my nights ruined by this lockout system.

As far is dailies/weeklies go, Keep the Ranked missions the way they are, but switch the missions for regs back to what they were before these horrendus changes.. 2 points toward your total for a win and 1 point toward your total for a lose.

MagikFingerz
Today , 12:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by easyandrew View Post
GSF is horrendus for people coming and not doing anything at all,or constantly suiciding non stop or just flying around,when called they dont even bother answering,,as for pvp regs lockout,,keep it,,im in star forge and the few times it pops,,right away 1-2 kill themselves right as the match starts and spam over and over for the rest of us to do the same ..1 commando just used his basic attack all night obviously making us loose,,,since we can`t name the people,,2 of them in gen chat openly admit to what they are doing and don`t care at all,,so for how many reasons people want this to be change,,,i say keep it as it is,,,
This makes no sense. You want to keep the deserter lockout, despite it being what prevents these people from leaving and potentially getting replaced by someone competent?
75's: Sage - Caranx | Sentinel - Wu'Chi Gunslinger - Jhaxx | Commando - Chronix
Assassin - Thoraxx | Juggernaut - Haxxion Operative - Axihn | PowerTech - Drexxin

<75's: Shadow - Nexxon | Guardian - Daexion Scoundrel - Jhaxara | Vanguard - Chronox
Sorcerer - Thoraxa | Marauder - Th'raxxon Sniper - Drax'n | Mercenary - Laranxa

Didy_Kush
Today , 07:24 PM | #24
I only like Novare Coast, Civil War and OG Huttball. It sucks not being able to leave the bad maps
Eternal Mercenary - Champion of the Juggernauts - Apex Vanguard
Post 5.0 Top 3 titles are irrelevant
Carthy