30-54 bracket

DaedalusV

Are they really for seriousing us??

leveling through PvP won't be enjoyable... At all...

at least until every single current lvl 50 PvP'er get all their min/maxed WH/EWH toons to the 55 bracket.

Oh and I predict massive QQ at premades since the impact they have will increase by a truckload.

Right now you only have to worry about badly geared weekend warrior puggers, in 2.0 there will be lvl 30s soloqueueing who will get in games with veteran premades geared to the nines.

BTW I really hope BW makes endgame PvP gear purchaseable pre-50 if those brackets will be implemented. AT LEAST let lowbies start getting their WH gear sorted.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fully augmented min-maxed EWH(me) vs a lvl 30 in greens and most likely no implants or relics? LoL WHAT?:eek: no way they can possible let this go live

its only going to last for a couple of weeks, cause all the hardcore, premades will be hitting 55, and since they;ve removed 50 pvp gear now all future 50s wont have *** gear anymore, so fret not, just dont play lowbies for a few days!

It cant possibly go live...! Even if they are supposed to be "bolstered" to recruit gear stats its not enough I would feel a complete c*nt to come up against a lvl 30 in quest gear in a Warzone a have to then destroy him... it wouldnt be fun for either of us :(

30-49 need there own bracket.

its only going to last for a couple of weeks, cause all the hardcore, premades will be hitting 55, and since they;ve removed 50 pvp gear now all future 50s wont have *** gear anymore, so fret not, just dont play lowbies for a few days!

You you suggesting I lvl by PvE only? :eek: how very dare you!

Yes it blows, but you want an extra bracket? and matches never pop? Again reality!!!

What's wrong with the current 10-49 bracket (compared to a 30-54 bracket)

I wonder how many pops the 10-29 bracket will get...

You didn't think your reply through mate.

I'm VERY casual, been around for quite a while, I've got 3 lvl 50 chars with min/max WH+ several EWH pieces on each (legacy ftw) Believing it'll take a few weeks to clear the bracket for fully geared people is naive.

Oh and what is the people who're lvl 30-50 going to do with their comms? they get to buy medpacks and adrenals... How very viable... It will not be fun to play those levels in PvP.

BW dropped the ball. I genuinely hope they rethink their brackets before they push 2.0 live.

Check out the expertise thread thats on this forum. Any low level toon with 0 expertise will be bolstered up to w/e the max level is on the highest level in the warzone. They are bolstering off of the player stats and not level anymore.

It won't matter at all. Everyone will be bolstered to level 54. That is probably exactly how good the min/maxers are with their level 50 gear.

It won't be an issue.

I think their solution is perfect. They take away all gear from the equation and minimize the skill gap as best as they can.

From what i read, everyone in lower gear gets bolstered to Recruit level. A level 30-49 in Recruit is still going to get completely humiliated by the 50-54 in WH/EWH. Similar to how fresh 50s work now, except with less skills to use. Beyond 2.0, if you have the tenacity to level via PVP from 30+, you should be studied.

Yes it blows, but you want an extra bracket? and matches never pop? Again reality!!!

There will be tons of players who didn't order the expansion - therefore they will stuck at lvl50. A lvl50-54 bracket should be fine.

At the first few days while I will level my main to 55 I'll absolutely crush lvl30-49 people. Not because I'm an ubergamer but because of WH-EWH mix. And for me this is not really fun - I enjoy PvP when the opposing team has similar chances like my team.

On the other hand I'll go to WZs with my 30+ alts for leveling purposes only. I'll do my 2 daily warzones and I'll not come back for another WZ for fun. And this is not a good change. I enjoyed the lvl10-49 bracket even with my low level characters.

You can't bolster based on gear because as players already discovered on the PTS, you can just queue with no gear, then put it all back on after the WZ starts and be God.

BW should have separated the brackets more, and utilize Valor to gear match queues (which of course would require cross-server queues). Once again, they demonstrate that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing when it comes to PvP.

You can't bolster based on gear because as players already discovered on the PTS, you can just queue with no gear, then put it all back on after the WZ starts and be God.

BW should have separated the brackets more, and utilize Valor to gear match queues (which of course would require cross-server queues). Once again, they demonstrate that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing when it comes to PvP.

This is from a post on the changes to the expertise system.

Thank you Rob!!!

Is Bolster an ongoing calculation, or is it determined upon entry into a warzone? I ask because I worry that a player could abuse the new system by equipping lvl 10 green gear, then once the fight begins, switch to his EWH set.

It is ongoing, to prevent exactly the abuse you are worried about.

Whats going on in warzones on he pts is pretty lame but they are aware of it and they will (better) get it sorted out so they cannot queue with level 10 greens and throw on their min/maxed gear to cheat the system.

*edit*

and to add about the valor thing. Valor is a meaningless stat. Take it from me, when my jug hit 50 about two weeks ago he was 100% fully min/maxed warhero the same day thanks to legacy gear and storing commendations. You have to base off of gear level.

Edited by cycao

and to add about the valor thing. Valor is a meaningless stat. Take it from me, when my jug hit 50 about two weeks ago he was 100% fully min/maxed warhero the same day thanks to legacy gear and storing commendations. You have to base off of gear level.

Valor as it stands is meaningless now, yes, but they can easily change that and require you to have a specific Valor rank to wear certain gear. Then they could gear match queues. RIFT currently does this, and it's awesome.

Also, the problem with basing bolster on gear isn't just isolated to gear.

From what i read, everyone in lower gear gets bolstered to Recruit level. A level 30-49 in Recruit is still going to get completely humiliated by the 50-54 in WH/EWH. Similar to how fresh 50s work now, except with less skills to use. Beyond 2.0, if you have the tenacity to level via PVP from 30+, you should be studied.

Except that it is 30-54 (not 30-49). So everyone will be bolstered to 54. Recruit gear will not exist. It will be Recruit level 54. So anyone using 50 gear all maxed out will probably be equal to 54 recruit. Or close enough that it won't matter. The augments may make a difference.

Valor as it stands is meaningless now, yes, but they can easily change that and require you to have a specific Valor rank to wear certain gear. Then they could gear match queues. RIFT currently does this, and it's awesome.

Also, the problem with basing bolster on gear isn't just isolated to gear.

They already had a valor restriction to gear and it sucked and it was back during the days of the RNG bag system which sucked equally as much. They already restrict you on buying gear for levels they really don't need to restrict it anymore based on valor.

Except that it is 30-54 (not 30-49). So everyone will be bolstered to 54. Recruit gear will not exist. It will be Recruit level 54. So anyone using 50 gear all maxed out will probably be equal to 54 recruit. Or close enough that it won't matter. The augments may make a difference.

I think you perhaps misunderstood what I intended. The 30-49's in the 30-54 bracket will be slaughtered by the 50-54's in the same bracket. The 50-54's will have WH/EWH, while the rest will be bolstered to Recruit level.

The dev quote I read was that gear will be boosted to Recruit level. It made no mention of creating a new Recruit standard, so it's safe to assume there will not be one.

I think you perhaps misunderstood what I intended. The 30-49's in the 30-54 bracket will be slaughtered by the 50-54's in the same bracket. The 50-54's will have WH/EWH, while the rest will be bolstered to Recruit level.

The dev quote I read was that gear will be boosted to Recruit level. It made no mention of creating a new Recruit standard, so it's safe to assume there will not be one.

From what I can tell they will be bolstered past the current recruit level and will have the same expertise as a 54 since recruit gear is no longer in the game.

From what I can tell they will be bolstered past the current recruit level and will have the same expertise as a 54 since recruit gear is no longer in the game.

I suppose that would be the point of contention, then. As I understand it, the bolstering will bring you up to current Recruit levels. If that's not the case, then the problem would be moot. Hopefully your interpretation is correct, though I don't think it is.

They already had a valor restriction to gear and it sucked and it was back during the days of the RNG bag system which sucked equally as much. They already restrict you on buying gear for levels they really don't need to restrict it anymore based on valor.

Those are two separate issues. RNG was possibly the worst idea for PvP gear rewards ever introduced to an MMO, but it has nothing to do with the prior Valor requirements for gear or this discussion, and as I said, that is easily fixed.

You obviously don't know about the other ways (i.e. other than switching out your gear) to circumvent the bolster system when it's based on gear. If you did, you wouldn't be supporting this new system. And before you ask, I'm not going to volunteer that information because I doubt BW is going to be able to fix it without throwing out the gear-based bolster system, which they won't likely do, and we don't need everyone knowing how to exploit it. If you're truly interested in researching this to make a more informed opinion about the topic, go to the PTS and experiment. It's not that hard to figure out.

Those are two separate issues. RNG was possibly the worst idea for PvP gear rewards ever introduced to an MMO, but it has nothing to do with the prior Valor requirements for gear or this discussion, and as I said, that is easily fixed.

You obviously don't know about the other ways (i.e. other than switching out your gear) to circumvent the bolster system when it's based on gear. If you did, you wouldn't be supporting this new system. And before you ask, I'm not going to volunteer that information because I doubt BW is going to be able to fix it without throwing out the gear-based bolster system, which they won't likely do, and we don't need everyone knowing how to exploit it. If you're truly interested in researching this to make a more informed opinion about the topic, go to the PTS and experiment. It's not that hard to figure out.

Its broken on the pts now but they have stated that they will have a system in place to prevent the exploit that is going on in the pts. I would also gladly test this on the pts if they have not screwed up my transfer so as of now I am locked out of testing. Something simple such as not allowing to change armoring once you accept a queue would work but honestly I could care less I just want to get the heck out of the bracket and get to 55 because I am more worried about the level of skill that lowbies bring than the potential gear gap that might exist.

I think it is very safe to assume it will be not bolstered to 49 or 50. As you say, the 30-49's would be slaughtered. I think they will all be boosted to 54, even if they didn't buy the expansion.