Why No Social For PVP

MK-ULTRA

I do not understand why unranked pvp, ranked pvp or GSF does not grant you social points. I like to pvp and GSF. I do not like to run the same flashpoint over and over and over. Yes FP are fun but I just like pvp.

Seriously I repeat it is basically incomprehensible why these activities do not grant any social points.

Also why are the weeklies and dailies for pvp so few matches? I want to play 10 matches in a row, maybe a twice a day. 2-4 matches for dailies is nothing.

Add new tier of dailies and weeklies for people like me with greater rewards. Heck the rewards don't even have to be greater just something other than nothing.

I do not understand why unranked pvp, ranked pvp or GSF does not grant you social points. I like to pvp and GSF. I do not like to run the same flashpoint over and over and over. Yes FP are fun but I just like pvp.

Seriously I repeat it is basically incomprehensible why these activities do not grant any social points.

Also why are the weeklies and dailies for pvp so few matches? I want to play 10 matches in a row, maybe a twice a day. 2-4 matches for dailies is nothing.

Add new tier of dailies and weeklies for people like me with greater rewards. Heck the rewards don't even have to be greater just something other than nothing.

PvP is not social.

I don't have one opinion or the other on this, but when I saw "Why No Social For PVP" I thought to myself well okay, hi there, I'm here to murder you, and we'll both get social points! Murder is a form of socialization, yes!

What about people on your own team ? That’s social.

At 70 it goes up to 4/20 which is rather a lot.

In game, Immersive pvp has no social aspect therefore game rewards of "social points" wouldn't be a factor, however this IS A video game, and therefore, the shear act of interaction with others as in pvp is a social environment and should support the reward of social points.

I think social points were created for flashpoints and the devs just never thought about pvp in that regard. As, players we are playing together in pvp. The social points should apply.

PvP is not social.

PvP is about as anti-social as you can possibly get and still be in a group... In case you don't get it ....

PvP is all about KILLING your FELLOW players..... There is NOTHING remotely social about that.

PvP is about as anti-social as you can possibly get and still be in a group... In case you don't get it ....

PvP is all about KILLING your FELLOW players..... There is NOTHING remotely social about that.

PvP is about making a coordinated effort with your teammates to defeat your mutual enemy. PvP can be significantly more social than most pve activities. " "Hi" ... "GJ" " is about as social as most flashpoints get. :rolleyes:

Every heard or premades or ranked teams?

That is the definition of social. Especially if you are in a pvp guild with everyone on voice chat.

When ever you have a bunch if players in “any group” in this game and communicating and working towards a goal, it is social.

The pvp queue is no worse different to a bunch of randoms queuing for flash points, then space baring through the cut scenes when someone might want to watch them or kicking them if they don’t know the fight or have the right gear or level.

And how about a heroic when you get a random invite to kill stuff and not even asked and no one is saying anything?

I would argue that premade pvpers and even reg queue pvpers are more social than those two examples of pve content that gets social points.

Yes, unlike FPs where [if you're lucky] people will say 'hi' at the start, 'spacebar' during the cutscenes, and 'tyfg' at the end. That's if you're lucky. If not, they probably will be talking to you, but I'm not sure flamebait / ragequits can really be considered sociable.

Actually, I lied, what BW considers 'social' in fps is picking choices in the cutscenes, which is basically RNG-Story. If we had LS/DS cutscenes before being allowed to play huttball, maybe we'd get social points too.

There's really not much point in arguing about whether PvP is social or not.

The bottom line is, you don't get social points for PvP. Perhaps the aim is to encourage PvP'ers to do some PvE. Or it's simply an oversight. It's not apt to change anytime soon.

LMAO, it is the definition of social.

I disagree. Competition is not social.

There's a brand new study from the "Karlsruhe Institute for Technology" and the "Institute of Microeconomics" of the University Bonn, Germany.

https://www.econ.uni-bonn.de/en/research

The study says that in job business, men are more likely to sabotage others.

Here's a link to that article in a German business magazine : https://www.handelsblatt.com/dpa/arbeit-maenner-sabotieren-im-beruflichen-wettbewerb-mehr-als-frauen/25094928.html

It's in German language, though.

The main part from that translated by using a web translator :

It turned out that men invested more money to reduce the performance of their competitors, Nieken said. Despite comparable performance, men had won more often. However, as soon as they received information about the actual extent of sabotage by competitors, they adjusted their behaviour.

Sounds to me *exactly* like what happens in PvP .

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

In game, Immersive pvp has no social aspect therefore game rewards of "social points" wouldn't be a factor, however this IS A video game, and therefore, the shear act of interaction with others as in pvp is a social environment and should support the reward of social points.

I think social points were created for flashpoints and the devs just never thought about pvp in that regard. As, players we are playing together in pvp. The social points should apply.

Your brain is functioning at maximum efficiency master.

As with most PvPer's You Can't See the Forrest because of all of the Bodies.

The main premise of PvP is to Gather in a Group to KILL EACH OTHER. There is NOTHING social about that.

SOCIAL:

Examples of Social:

// The vacation resort held a lot of social events.

// I joined the club to improve my social life.

// Her sister is much more social than she is.

// Social institutions like marriage and family Health care is a major social issue.

// Martin Luther King, Jr., fought for social change.

// Most humans are social beings.

NOT:

The vacation resort held a lot of social events. Like Killing the other Vacationers.

Or

I joined the club to improve my social life. "Hi Nice to Meet You. Sorry Now I Have to Kill You.

Or

Most humans are social beings.

Ok you go over there and sneak up behind them and kill them.

I am sorry but Killing Your Fellow Players is Not a Social EVENT even if you do it in a group.

That is Anti-Social.

Edited by denavin

As with most PvPer's You Can't See the Forrest because of all of the Bodies.

The main premise of PvP is to Gather in a Group to KILL EACH OTHER. There is NOTHING social about that.

NOT:

The vacation resort held a lot of social events. Like Killing the other Vacationers.

Or

I joined the club to improve my social life. "Hi Nice to Meet You. Sorry Now I Have to Kill You.

Or

Most humans are social beings.

Ok you go over there and sneak up behind them and kill them.

I am sorry but Killing Your Fellow Players is Not a Social EVENT even if you do it in a group.

That is Anti-Social.

Repeating your argument over and over again without saying anything new, while criticizing pvpers for having tunnel vision, is not particularly helpful. It is ironic, however.

Try making the case for how FPs deserve to get social points when you're being awarded them for clicking a conversation option in cutscenes. How you can go through an entire FP [or an entire op] without saying anything, but still be awarded social points. Your "competition isn't social" argument is completely irrelevant to why we have social points.

If anything, the only people who should be getting social points on a regular basis are RPers and the fleet trolls.

Edited by Ardrossan