Nico Okarr Question

OriginalTmac

I searched and I can't seem to find the answer. I assume those of us who were subscribers on the original 7/31 date will still be eligible for Nico? My subscription lapsed between 8/9 and 8/12 when it failed to auto-renew because of a bad CC date. I was traveling and didn't think to bother checking it because the new date wasn't until the end of the month.

Thanks for any insight.

Nico is only available to those who were subbed on July 31st or August 10th. There is no other qualification. If you were subbed then, then you will receive Nico.
Except for the fact that he can be obtained via a story mission reward. The only stipulation I can see with this method is if you are qualified to actually have him by being a subscriber.

Except for the fact that he can be obtained via a story mission reward. The only stipulation I can see with this method is if you are qualified to actually have him by being a subscriber.

I am sure they have made it so that only those qualifyed for Nico gets to keep him.

You're not gonna have him as a playable companion unless you meet the requirements as set out above.

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/17/swtor-more-clarification-on-nico-okarr-companion-acquisition/

Check out that link. Yes, he's available through a story quest, but only if you were subscribed on July 31st or August 10th. That is the only way to get him. If you missed it, you'll never get him.

Nico is only available to those who were subbed on July 31st or August 10th. There is no other qualification. If you were subbed then, then you will receive Nico.

You don't have a source for the July 31 date do you? The in-game bot replied 8/10 only (I know it's automated) and the patch notes also state 8/10 as well.

Thanks!

You don't have a source for the July 31 date do you? The in-game bot replied 8/10 only (I know it's automated) and the patch notes also state 8/10 as well.

Thanks!

July 31st was the original cut off date but BW extended it to Aug 10th

July 31st was the original cut off date but BW extended it to Aug 10th

Sure, I know that. But none of the current statements mention anything about the 7/31 date still being valid. It all states 8/10. Assuming that 7/31 would still be good when none of the communication backs that up doesn't seem like a good idea when dealing with EA. It's quite possible I missed a piece that says they would honor the 7/31 date but nothing I've found says that.

They've said that all players will meet Nico on a certain quest and that he might team up with them, but only subscribers get to keep him as a permanent companion.

In my own personal opinion, i do believe this companion will come to the Cartel Market at some point. How do i know this? Actually i dont.

I have no information to back this assumption up. None whatsoever. But i do know from the precedent set by HK and Treek. The disdain i personally have for an Ewok companion... ugh... yet she sold well enough for me to see her constantly on the fleet and in the daily zones. Put a companion - any companion - on the CM and it will no doubt sell like crazy with just how many completionists there are.

Why will they buy him from the CM? Because. Reasons.