Storm and Jet Charge at 61 is a mistake.

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but I think they want to have a power at 61 for the Vanguard class which is why its there. If they move Storm there, then they need something else to put into that slot. It can't be the new tank ability because that's needed for the level 10 spot in the discipline.

Why is it needed at 10? I argue that Jet Charge should be there as it is more needed than the new ability.

Put the new ability at 61.

Also, give Jet Boast as a tank passive. K thanx

Edited by FerkWork

DPS PTs/vanguards could never have access to it normally. Perhaps they meant it being accessible specifically to DPS at 61 and tanks having access to it earlier. Wouldn't really make sense for them to remove a important tanking ability when they're wanting bolstered ops.

signed. storm/jet charge is pretty much the reason I can play vanguard/powertech without tearing my hair out. I know some poeple are fine without gap closer in dps specs, but... I'm not one of them. removing something we've had acess to for such a long time and putting it at lvl 61? is kinda insulting.

ive had no reason to complain about the class changes until now, the trooper tank is required to be up and close in order to work effectively with their skills, considering the stockstrikes, ion based attacks and such. this actually decreases trooper mobility and limits the ability of the trooper tank until they have to walk up close in order to be effective again.its the same for the bounty hunter.

i also do not see much interest it the boosting backwards for 20m either, in any regular class based storyline, you would have enough strength to take on these enemies or you die and try again. for a tank there is no other choice but to pull the threat as soon as possible for other teammates as soon as possible and hold it all the time, or they will suffer and consequently you loose some measure of power until they return to the fight, if they can return to the fight.

so by removing one ability a tank would need straight up, they would have to rely on death from above/below or the aoe threat puller until they can get in range where their usual ability can hold that threat.

if storm and the bh version is brought down to level 49 instead, i mean that skill is not an instant need for lower level SFPs or TFPs or the class storyline too much, but for post level 50, players will start going into ops and heavier flashpoints like the hard version, from there this skill is most certainly needed.

a compromise is defined as a solution no one wants but its a middle ground answer that could be helpful? i hope its reconsidered before launch. as is usually the case nothing is confirmed until its released.

Edited by Celise

Why is it needed at 10? I argue that Jet Charge should be there as it is more needed than the new ability.

Put the new ability at 61.

Also, give Jet Boast as a tank passive. K thanx

It's needed early as powertech and vanguards are not ranged tanks, they need the gap closer to help combat the threat generation of Knights and warriors leaping in all the while. Plus they have also increased the cooldown on hydraulic override the other gap closing ability. Its like bioware have forgotten that people will still level the class rather than everyone creating a insta 60.

I'm concerned that noone from the closed beta told them this is a TERRIBLE idea.

Please BW DPS can have it at 61 but tanks need it the way it is now on live!

lol, thats assuming that the people they are inviting to closed beta know any better, and if they do know better, that anyone is paying attention to the feedback given.

I've been fairly 'meh' about the changes so far, they just felt like by and large BW has run out of ideas as to how to evolve our classes but putting storm at 61 is just super retarded.

The whole 'mobility for all' mantra is starting to bug me too even though the idea of Commando's charging across the huttball line *** first does have a certain absurd charm to it.

I'm concerned that noone from the closed beta told them this is a TERRIBLE idea.

Please BW DPS can have it at 61 but tanks need it the way it is now on live!

I'm very worried by this part as well. If a farce of this size could get through the beta filter...who knows which bugs and other "fun" things awaits us in KoTFE.

...just something to think about ;) .

Edited by Cuiwe

Agreed, but I think they want to have a power at 61 for the Vanguard class which is why its there. If they move Storm there, then they need something else to put into that slot. It can't be the new tank ability because that's needed for the level 10 spot in the discipline.

I would have thought it would make more sense to have the new ability at level 61 (it's very situational, and probably more of a troll ability anyway). I think the other concern with the placement is it really isn't going to be that good from 50-60 if tanking operation where your DPS will constantly be pulling aggro.

Maybe that's why they've given the swap ability, so you can stick the DPS into your place if they decide they want to tank :D Can see it being used to troll a lot.

lol, thats assuming that the people they are inviting to closed beta know any better, and if they do know better, that anyone is paying attention to the feedback given.

We should recall that a certain infamous "exploit" was by all accounts reported quite vociferously by testers prior to the release of SoR, and it wasn't fixed before release, nor for many weeks after.

So personally, going one level to get it back will not be a huge deal for me. I can grin and bear it.

BUT, there is a bigger issue that hasn't been touched on in my view. Storm (I play a Vanguard) starts a very important proc that grants you two successive Explosive Round uses that do not expend any energy/ammo. In any bit of content where you are tanking this is a very important proc to use and take advantage of as you can basically jump in and pop AOE aggro in an area to control a situation at no cost.

Yeah, Storm at 61 is a loss, and not just because we miss a closer and a cool animation. It is a loss of a great proc that was intended to help Van/PT tanks in group and single player content while leveling.

So BW, while I can grin and bear it as I said, this is something that should be changed back for Van/PT tanks. I won't call it a mistake, but it is an unnecessary hardship for leveling a tank which is in and of itself tougher than most classes.