The Bantha Mount

^^ Jim nailed it right there.

Once the blush wears off on the Bantha... I expect we will routinely see them in multiple colors and for well less then 2M credits on the GTN. But it will take a bit for that to happen.

I wish the blaster rifles were cheaper already.. 900k for one is insane.

I wish the blaster rifles were cheaper already.. 900k for one is insane.

Yeah.. I was looking at those prices today. :eek: Still.. for a Collectable item... if you really love it.. it's worth it. :)

But it's still early.. though they do appear to be on the rare side of super rare too. I personally do not think they will hold the prices on these even with the rarity. Why? Because they put a very specific color scheme on them this time that is not very "neutral" and so they are going to look odd to some players with some outfit dyes.

I think you will see them for under 200K for a while.. then they will be really pricy. So I'd say wait a week or two and watch the market.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah.. I was looking at those prices today. :eek:

It's still early.. but they do appear to be on the rare side of super rare too. I personally do not think they will hold the prices on these even with the rarity. Why? Because they put a very specific color scheme on them this time that is not very "neutral" and so they are going to look odd to some players with some outfit dyes.

I think you will see them for under 200K for a while.. then they will be really pricy. So I'd say wait a week or two and watch the market.

Hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

JC. Saw one for 4.2M or 4.5M over the weekend (too rich for my blood). There's one page of them between 5.8M an 9.1M with a fairly even spread between the 2 points.

edit: Looks like a lot of people are trying to unload Hotshot packs. Several pages worth under 200k.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

Disappointed with the Bantha, BTW.

See, I watched the original Star Wars movie in the original theatrical release last night (Han shoots first, stereo sound, cheap-looking StormTrooper armor, and all that: still a fun movie and very nostalgic.) The dewback there is accurately represented in SWTOR, the Bantha, not so much.

In the first movie, a Bantha's hips are the same height as their shoulders, not like the slope-backed creatures passing for a Bantha in SWTOR. And the bantha moves (not surprisingly) like an elephant, not like a hopping Pomeranian/dust-mop hybrid.

BW, please give us a proper Bantha, and I promise to spend spend real money to get one. Thank you!

Edited by BuriDogshin

Semi-necro'ing this out of curiousity: How have Bantha prices settled on your servers?

Seeing Banthas hovering consistently around 2.5-3mil now on my primary GTN server with at least 1 full page at all times. Steep drop from the initial 2-3 at a time for 6-10mil. :p

Lowest i seen one go was for 2.5 million last week, and I scooped that baby right up. After they they spiked into the 6mill+ range for a good few days. Only 2 are for sale now, think they were at 5 mill last I looked.

Better get one now, once the June packs come out with walkers and rancors, no one will be opening hotshot anymore me thinks....

The last time I checked it was still 5 million on Progenitor. But that was last week and I haven't been able to check again, since my PC died. *sobs quietly*

And from the looks of it my sub will run out before my new one arrives too. ._.

Disappointed with the Bantha, BTW.

See, I watched the original Star Wars movie in the original theatrical release last night (Han shoots first, stereo sound, cheap-looking StormTrooper armor, and all that: still a fun movie and very nostalgic.) The dewback there is accurately represented in SWTOR, the Bantha, not so much.

In the first movie, a Bantha's hips are the same height as their shoulders, not like the slope-backed creatures passing for a Bantha in SWTOR. And the bantha moves (not surprisingly) like an elephant, not like a hopping Pomeranian/dust-mop hybrid.

BW, please give us a proper Bantha, and I promise to spend spend real money to get one. Thank you!

I actually agree with this statement.

I was considering buyin one as my main Tatooine mount (for making movies) but when I saw a guild mate with it and asked him to show it off to me I lost all interest. :(

I wouldn't call it 'nothing like it'... it does, in fact, look quite a bit like the Movie version.