Server Consolidation

CourtneyWoods

I like this new high populated servers, as far as i'm concerned, the actual population in every server is small, and if you dont play when a lot of ppl is playing, you are not able to do WZ and FPs, I hope that this problem will be an old problem very very soon... +1 Bioware.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canderous ordo was a destination server last time around. They are moving into Jedi Covenant tomorrow according to the consolidation matrix found on the transfer page.

Oh, so they did go ahead and choose the others they want to consolidate. I didn't even notice because I just went by the news post and didn't look at the matrix thing. Sorry about that.

Well, they're forcing me to move yet again to another server I do not want to play on so I'm thinking tomorrow I might log on and hand out all of my non-bound items and few million credits and say goodbye to this game (no, server merges are not the only reason so don't go there).

Oh, so they did go ahead and choose the others they want to consolidate. I didn't even notice because I just went by the news post and didn't look at the matrix thing. Sorry about that.

Well, they're forcing me to move yet again to another server I do not want to play on so I'm thinking tomorrow I might log on and hand out all of my non-bound items and few million credits and say goodbye to this game (no, server merges are not the only reason so don't go there).

I may well do the same thing. Broken camels backs here... They continue to f' things up by being retroactive rather than proactive. If they knew they were going to do this, they should have fixed the naming system altogether to allow for both first and last names to be non-unique. This is just one more area they have failed to see the big picture.

I'm not sure of the purpose here. I transfered from Mind Trick to Correllian Run and it's been good, I've been able to get groups for the heroic quests pretty regularly and do a few flashpoints with the group finder (although that is not as consistent as DPS). Now, Correllian Run is transfering to The Shadowlands. What is to be gained? Even easier grouping? More items/competition on GTN? These seem to be marginal positives, and on the other hand, I'll probably have to change a few names (and it's becoming harder and harder to find names I'm satisfied with) and there will be more competition for resources/mobs.

Ah well, easier H4 groups (especially in bonus series) would probably trump competition for resources and I can just add extra consonants or vowels to my exisiting names.

What about those of us that re rolled toons on what turned out to be a destination server that our original server did not get transferred to. I have a lvl 50 republic toon on jedi covenant and my server was transferred to shadowland, When will my family be whole?

^ this. I am getting tired of this. I will check into tomorrow to see how it turns out. If you once again forced me to move and not give me a option to pick the server and keep my name, then I will be joining the mass exodus out of this game. It is kind of frustrating.

Can we be told what the factors considered for renames are? I checked our destination server and two of my character names are taken, including the one that I've always used as my main in every MMO I've played for the last 8 or 9 years since SWG. She was created on the first day of pre-order play, the 13th of December and this will be the 2nd transfer forced upon me by BioWare.

All I want to know is has date of character creation been taken into consideration on enforced renames?

I love how the FAQs has blanks on:

◦Will I keep my name when my server is consolidated?

◦How will I know if one of my friends had to rename his character after the consolidation?

Ah yes, frequently asked questions - with no answers.

Edit: Found.

Edited by iamthehoyden

I love how the FAQs has blanks on:

Ah yes, frequently asked questions - with no answers.

Well it has answers in the case of

Will I keep my name when my server is consolidated?

We are aware of how important character names are to our players and so we have taken a number of factors into consideration where naming conflicts occur as a result of consolidations. If it has been determined that your character needs to change their name you will see an exclamation point beside their name on the Character Select screen. When you log in with a character that has been identified as needing to be renamed you will be prompted to rename the appropriate character.

The answer is vague, but in the case of

How will I know if one of my friends had to rename his character after the consolidation?

Your Friends List and Guild panel will update automatically with the new names of your friends’ characters if they have had to rename them. However, we would suggest that you check what your friends’ character names have changed to before mailing them or chatting with them to avoid any potential confusion.

It is straight forward.

Hey Bioware,

I love the game but this force transfer has to be the worse case of missed communication. Just reading the post and it is clear that almost everyone thought this was just for the "original" origin servers. No one knew until today it seemed that even "destination" servers will be merged. A little more claification is needed.

Edited by Dieheart

Hi everyone,

Earlier this summer we launched the Free Character Transfer Program which offered players the option to transfer their characters from specific origin servers to selected destination servers. Following the success of the Free Character Transfer Program, and after closely monitoring server populations, we have now taken the next step in our on-going server population balancing process. We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers will be automatically moved onto the upgraded high population destination servers. By centralizing our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.

Read More

Mabee you start fixing the game instead of transfering people around all the time , im tried of this , if you cant make the right planes , mabee its time to quit playing Swtor , becouse your at dev team keep messing things up , fully gear war heros keep farming lvl 50 normal warzonee instead of doing ranked , why is that , well let me tell you why its becouse you at the dev team made it possible to transfer mod from war hero gear to alts just byt putting removed mods into legazy gear and that why they fully geared keep on farming normal warzone , fix that and just mabee people start playing swtor again. but do not move people just becouse you guys made mistakes in the early summer. im very pissed off on what you guys at the dev team are doing , clearly you have no clue on whats going on !

Hey Bioware,

I love the game but this force transfer has to be the worse case of no communication. Just reading the post and it is clear that almost everyone thought this was just for the "original" origin servers. No one knew until today it seemed that even "destination" servers will be merged. A little more claification is needed.

I can't help but feel this was done on purpose, give us less than 1 day to scream and rant before the deed is done. Sadly they are going to push away a number of customers with this. Once again they show such poorly thought out decision making skills and a complete disregard for what their customers might want.

What annoys me the most is they only tell us the day before. I have the same name on other servers that I'm more than willing to delete instead of risk loosing the names I my main characters. However again they don't stop to think before they do something. Sort of like the stealth security change they made for the forums and didn't tell anyone about. It was really nice of them not to warn customers and just let them find out when they couldn't use the forum. I find the lack of intelligence disturbing.

Hopefully I'll be able to still delete them tonight and it make a difference. Also what makes me so annoyed was I took the day off, got up, and got into the game early just so I could get the names I could just to have my efforts wasted in less than a year. All because they can't think things through. They seem to have this misguided notion that anything they think of is right no matter any knowledge or experience to the contrary.

Edited by Sorwen

I am getting so tired of this. I was lucky enough not to lose but 2 names when the first round of server transfers came available, and those toons I did not play much. If my mains are forced to change names now I will not be happy. I've already been through this once. And who is to say that in a couple more months there will be forced merges again, and again, and again until there is just one or two servers. BW your management is pretty pathetic.

I am getting so tired of this. I was lucky enough not to lose but 2 names when the first round of server transfers came available, and those toons I did not play much. If my mains are forced to change names now I will not be happy. I've already been through this once. And who is to say that in a couple more months there will be forced merges again, and again, and again until there is just one or two servers. BW your management is pretty pathetic.

All of my character names are taken on my new server... needless to say that upsets me a little bit.

I can't help but feel this was done on purpose, give us less than 1 day to scream and rant before the deed is done. Sadly they are going to push away a number of customers with this. Once again they show such poorly thought out decision making skills and a complete disregard for what their customers might want.

Honestly I don't blame them. This was a bandage that needed to be ripped off as quickly as possible so we can get past it and move on. This forum community has proven itself incapable of taking bad news in anything resembling a calm manner no matter what approach they take, so they might as well do it quick.

Does it suck? Sure. Will it cost some subs? Probably a few. Was it necessary? Absolutely.

Note that I say this as someone quite likely to lose 2 of my three favorite names, since both were created after I finished (slowly) leveling my main to 50. So despite being an active subscriber since day 1 of early access, those toons were most likely created after the people who own them on other servers. I also stand to lose at least two others, but I don't care so much about them.