How are you surviving as G/S in PVP?

Jarbarian

Literally I am dying so fast in PVP its not even funny. I try to get distance and just get stunned, knocked down, pulled out of cover, dead.

Running PRECISE gear.

12,624 mastery

3808 crit

1303 alacrity.

I'm trying to find places to avoid Maruaders, Shadows, but even Sages/Sorcs are destroying me. Just no real way to heal or recover and not putting out enough damage.

I open with Penetrating rounds and pop charged, trick, aimed shot, etc. Yes, I use diversion, etc.

Any idea what I need to do in order to do some damage and survive. I have no problems with my shadow, sage, operative, etc. Just gunslinger for some reason I cannot figure out.

It's the meta, i think. Shadows/assassins are really bad news for us. They can position behind us and eat our hp quickly while poping defensive immunities. You have no choice, you need to roll and hunker down. It would really help if dodge didnt have that blind spot.

If theres more than one person on us we struggle. The only cc we have is the flash bomb, roots and stun and its unreliable cause they dont last long and can be dispelled easily.

Anyways, to practical sugestions. I got the reposition set this week. The extra roll helps getting away from danger. I used the utility that lower the cd on the stun, cause a stunned enemy is not killing you and allows you to damage them.

But, basically, i feel your pain. Unless its 1 on 1 snipers are easy pickings. If you get stunned you are stupid squishy too. I guess we need a defensive to pop while stunned. Theres always a window where hunker down won't be up. Good dps wait for it. Once you get stunned, you're done if theres more than one person on you.

Damage is our defense basically. Kill them all fast so they dont come kill you. XD

Sorcs are getting nerfed, so that will get better. They are very squishy too though and their post bubble heal is getting nerfed too.

On this note i gotta vent how useless our new ability is. We can teleport away... and then what? We are not sorcs. We cant heal ourselves. We just stand there trying to get out of combat and hoping we dont get tracked down and finished off. :/

Edited by Nemmar

It's the meta, i think. Shadows/assassins are really bad news for us. They can position behind us and eat our hp quickly while poping defensive immunities. You have no choice, you need to roll and hunker down. It would really help if dodge didnt have that blind spot.

If theres more than one person on us we struggle. The only cc we have is the flash bomb, roots and stun and its unreliable cause they dont last long and can be dispelled easily.

Anyways, to practical sugestions. I got the reposition set this week. The extra roll helps getting away from danger. I used the utility that lower the cd on the stun, cause a stunned enemy is not killing you and allows you to damage them.

But, basically, i feel your pain. Unless its 1 on 1 snipers are easy pickings. If you get stunned you are stupid squishy too. I guess we need a defensive to pop while stunned. Theres always a window where hunker down won't be up. Good dps wait for it. Once you get stunned, you're done if theres more than one person on you.

Damage is our defense basically. Kill them all fast so they dont come kill you. XD

Sorcs are getting nerfed, so that will get better. They are very squishy too though and their post bubble heal is getting nerfed too.

On this note i gotta vent how useless our new ability is. We can teleport away... and then what? We are not sorcs. We cant heal ourselves. We just stand there trying to get out of combat and hoping we dont get tracked down and finished off. :/

Agreed, teleport to death anyway. You MUST have a healer with you at all times or it's death. I have to check my set again, I may just be running the wrong one.

I agree on all points except one. With shadows, I can get away (nearly dead) and then just run like a YOU KNOW WHAT and pray I find a healer. But they're not the worse. SORCS are really bad too.

It's Operatives. They are worse than Shadows. Literally I am watching Operatives (not Scoundrels, they are bad, but Operatives on Sith side are crazy OP) take on 4-5 people in BGs, stop ALL of us from capping a node and just run away, heal and come back and stop us again. The Sith side is really abusive with OP operatives changing the complete outcome of BGs.

But that's not a place to complain about it here. I tried complaining but as usual, deaf ears.

Game is broken, needs to be fixed is my vent (at least for PVP).

Literally I am dying so fast in PVP its not even funny. I try to get distance and just get stunned, knocked down, pulled out of cover, dead.

Running PRECISE gear.

12,624 mastery

3808 crit

1303 alacrity.

I'm trying to find places to avoid Maruaders, Shadows, but even Sages/Sorcs are destroying me. Just no real way to heal or recover and not putting out enough damage.

I open with Penetrating rounds and pop charged, trick, aimed shot, etc. Yes, I use diversion, etc.

Any idea what I need to do in order to do some damage and survive. I have no problems with my shadow, sage, operative, etc. Just gunslinger for some reason I cannot figure out.

What spec and tactical are you running? Sharpshooter/MM is best for pvp I think. When sins or ops get on me I dont run. I stay in cover and use my defensive cooldowns. Pop your diversion on them as soon as you can. Use entrench, take your pvp medpack and adrenal once you are out of stun. Use your knockbacks (penetrating blasts can be talented for a knockback and with sniper volley you can reset the cooldown immediately) and remember that you basically have two charges of shield probe and evasion.

If no defensives are up use hololocate and run. (Gives 10% heal.if talented) I also play both operative and assassin and yeah they are over performing lol.

Agreed, teleport to death anyway. You MUST have a healer with you at all times or it's death. I have to check my set again, I may just be running the wrong one.

I agree on all points except one. With shadows, I can get away (nearly dead) and then just run like a YOU KNOW WHAT and pray I find a healer. But they're not the worse. SORCS are really bad too.

It's Operatives. They are worse than Shadows. Literally I am watching Operatives (not Scoundrels, they are bad, but Operatives on Sith side are crazy OP) take on 4-5 people in BGs, stop ALL of us from capping a node and just run away, heal and come back and stop us again. The Sith side is really abusive with OP operatives changing the complete outcome of BGs.

But that's not a place to complain about it here. I tried complaining but as usual, deaf ears.

Game is broken, needs to be fixed is my vent (at least for PVP).

Scoundrels and operatives are mirrored classes.

The problem is this spec called rufian and virulance i think? Basically, this is a dps spec with dots and some burst but also with high heals and instant heal. They get a buff that increases heal crit and surge by 30% with high uptime and can cast an instant heal every 10 seconds on top of the hots and utilities that self heal. Their self healing is too overpowered atm and Bioware really has to do something.

Edited by Nemmar

What spec and tactical are you running? Sharpshooter/MM is best for pvp I think. When sins or ops get on me I dont run. I stay in cover and use my defensive cooldowns. Pop your diversion on them as soon as you can. Use entrench, take your pvp medpack and adrenal once you are out of stun. Use your knockbacks (penetrating blasts can be talented for a knockback and with sniper volley you can reset the cooldown immediately) and remember that you basically have two charges of shield probe and evasion.

If no defensives are up use hololocate and run. (Gives 10% heal.if talented) I also play both operative and assassin and yeah they are over performing lol.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!

So I am running:

1. Gear: Precise Tactical but have been told either Repositioning or Establish Foothold is better. I grinded up 4 pieces of Repositioning but am thinking I need to stop and get the EF set.

2. Talents:

Skillful: Ballistic Dampers, Cool Under Pressure, Lumbering Impact.

Masterful: Hotwired Defenses, Reset Engagement, Compounding Impact, Hold Your Ground.

Heroic: Bait and Switch, Riot Screen.

3. Basic Character Settings:

Mastery: 12,624

Power: 8,869

Critical: 3,808

Alacrity: 1,303

Accuracy: 0 (not sure how much that is needed in pvp)

In my slots, I am running the 73 augment. I cannot afford the higher ones.

Honestly, if a Sage/Sorc gets on my they literally take 1/2 my health even in cover. There's nothing I can seem toi do. If a Shadow/Assassin gets on me, they immediately stun/backstab and take 1/2 my health. Even if I am able to get some distance, they can close on my so fast that by the time I can fight back, two ticks and dead.

I am not sure how some Gunslingers are topping DPS in BGs when I am near the bottom. 306 gear, augments, stims, everything and I die in mere seconds.

Edited by Jarbarian

Also I am hitting my training dummy.

With no buffs aumed shot hits for 20-40k.

I am not sure where some people are saying they hit people for 90k. I have NEVER EVER hit anyone that hard.

My damage is BGs is between 1.5 and 2 million.

Scoundrels and SHadows are doing 6 million damage.

Something is broke.

I am not sure where some people are saying they hit people for 90k. I have NEVER EVER hit anyone that hard.

Something is broke.

The pvp tactical for sharpshooter increases Aimed Shot damage 30% and makes it instant cast when you use your roll or hololocate. Combine that with your 100% crit ability on aim shot and that is how people are getting 80-90k. Those are super crits.

Either Foothold or Precise Targeter is viable but it really depends on your playstyle. I prefer Precise Targeter in pvp personally. I like the 3 super crits more than the 15% increase while bunkered.

Honestly I think you just need more time on the class. And I wouldn't worry too much about AoE dot spreading stat padding players.

Also I found another sniper using a mix of EF gear and Stationary Grit. He was topping DPS.

He had 3656 crit, 1429 alacrity and 1234 accuracy.

even he top dps doesnt matter because he is gimping himself

ef have 6 pcs bonus 15% extra damage , this is good but having wont get the full potential of the set

even he top dps doesnt matter because he is gimping himself

ef have 6 pcs bonus 15% extra damage , this is good but having wont get the full potential of the set

So for PVP, is EF the best set? I have 4 pieces I am grinding out the other two.

Something is broke.

I main a marksman Sniper and I run Repositioning set with amplified legs, 1.2% weapon expertise, 9.7K Power and 13.7K mastery (at the minute) and I regularly hit 75K’s on juggs/guardians/sins etc. with EF I could probably push it to 90K, so it is possible under the right circumstances.

Edited by Spintrec

I'm just finding that Shadows/Operatives are destroying everyone. I've tried every gear/talent spec option and I just cannot survive without a healer in tow. Otherwise, even 1v1s are difficult. 1v2s are impossible.

Shadows/Operatives have always been the hard counter to Snipers ever since the game has launched, so naturally you will have a hard time dealing with them (if the Shadow/Operative is good) as the class is designed to defeat you.

Sniper is a ranged class, it's primary concern is keeping melee classes at a distance, this is easily done with Maras etc. because you can see them coming and prepare. This advantage is lost with Stealth classes because they have the advantage of opening up on you from stealth and forcing you to react quickly.

It's usually easy to counter a shadow and keep them at a distance, but with Operatives it's 10x as hard with their roll that negates all our stuns/damage, not including their ability to easily LoS and get some heals in.

Not to say you can't defeat an Operative 1v1, just that you will have to work hard for it and if the operative and sniper are on equal skill levels then the majority of the time the operative will come out on top.

It can feel unfair sometimes, and I would agree that Operatives are slightly overtuned atm, but in a balanced world every class should have a hard counter and stealth classes are ours.

Edited by Spintrec