Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[3.0+] The Marksmanship I Sharpshooter Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
[3.0+] The Marksmanship I Sharpshooter Guide

Kjeldoran's Avatar


Kjeldoran
12.12.2014 , 10:48 AM | #41
@DieGhostDie will you, could you do the same guide to Saboteur and dirty fighter? Same order as I called for them.
Antiquierte Waffen und Religionen können es nicht mit einer guten Laserkanone aufnehmen.
www.gnawers.de Server: Jar'kai Sword

Euclidi's Avatar


Euclidi
12.12.2014 , 10:20 PM | #42
I'm in full 186 gear on my sharpshooter gunslinger with everthing crafted 186 gear (ears, implants, relics, armorings, mods, enhancements, barrels). Using the rotation method here with the new top skill stim, 100% accuracy, skill augments (1 acc), and about 300 crit stat and 306 surge I have been pulling 3600-3650 on the ops dummy at 1mil

This is a great rotation and guide, thanks for posting it
The Ebon Hawk Server
Yarborough - 60 Gunslinger DPS Son'Tay - 60 Commando DPS
Eucld - 60 Vanguard Tank Mozul - 60 Powertech Tank

je-s-ter's Avatar


je-s-ter
12.13.2014 , 07:30 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg_TH View Post
Hello all,
actually running with one implant, the gloves and the offhand in 192, the rest in 186 and using nano-infused stim with no adrenals.
Sharpshooter : 4083 with an average at 3k9+
Dirty fighting : 4276 with an average at 4k2+
You think you could share your stats? You using any alacrity, or just the usual pre 3.0 stat distribution?

Canadiann's Avatar


Canadiann
12.13.2014 , 08:20 PM | #44
I also would love to know stats and priority. Also, how important is Accuracy to PvE DPS Gunslinger? is 95% ok or do we need 100 or more?
What is the usual 3.0 stat priority?

Dogberto's Avatar


Dogberto
12.13.2014 , 09:14 PM | #45
I really appreciate your guide, gunslinger was always one i wanted to play well. Its a big help to have guides like these.
Harbinger - Kai Sith'ari - Formerly OOTAP
Living Legend
DLatza - Sniper, Ilkay - Operative,Stendera - Assassin

Huckdabuck's Avatar


Huckdabuck
12.14.2014 , 01:54 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Canadiann View Post
I also would love to know stats and priority. Also, how important is Accuracy to PvE DPS Gunslinger? is 95% ok or do we need 100 or more?
What is the usual 3.0 stat priority?
Go back and reread the guide....specifically the gearing and stats section and the rotation. And just fyi but you want your accuracy to be as close to 100% as possible for a PvE dps toon or else you'll see your abilities missing left and right.
Server: Harbinger
Toons: Huckdabuck, Blame'e'vo, Blame'e'voh, and 19 others that start with Texas
Forums make us stupid!

Greg_TH's Avatar


Greg_TH
12.14.2014 , 07:32 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by je-s-ter View Post
You think you could share your stats? You using any alacrity, or just the usual pre 3.0 stat distribution?
I'm running with 99.75 accuracy and 27.5% crit. I've tried alacrity, it's interesting on the dummy but useless in raid due to movements and lags/latency.
I use too a little of aim stat (it gives the same damage bonus and more crit than cunning) but only in sharpshooter because you don't have, except corosive dart, techno damages.
Malow Franc-tireur
<Le Cénacle> Battle Meditation

InflatableFriend's Avatar


InflatableFriend
12.14.2014 , 11:49 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg_TH View Post
I'm running with 99.75 accuracy and 27.5% crit. I've tried alacrity, it's interesting on the dummy but useless in raid due to movements and lags/latency.
I use too a little of aim stat (it gives the same damage bonus and more crit than cunning) but only in sharpshooter because you don't have, except corosive dart, techno damages.
I disagree with the alacrity piece of this statement. Because you move a lot in raids, alacrity really shines because it gives you a better energy regen rate at that time. It also let's you get more of your rotation before you need to move. Finally, while you are moving, your hots/dots are ticking faster, further increasing your damage rate.
Jaws Rights Activists - Prophesy of the Five
[Ghostroach - 60 Gunslinger] [Tony'da'tiger - 60 Commando][Ghostrabbit - 60 Sentinel] [Ghostrat - 60 Shadow]
[Ghostrobin - 55 Operative] [Ghostrhino - 55 Juggernaut]

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
12.14.2014 , 10:54 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by InflatableFriend View Post
I disagree with the alacrity piece of this statement. Because you move a lot in raids, alacrity really shines because it gives you a better energy regen rate at that time. It also let's you get more of your rotation before you need to move. Finally, while you are moving, your hots/dots are ticking faster, further increasing your damage rate.
It also reduces your cooldown on Target Acquired/Sniper Volley/Laze Target, so, lets use this example:

You have 30 seconds of uptime on a boss, followed by 25 seconds where you can't do anything. This repeats till the boss is dead.

Yeah I know, bad design and whatnot, but in that case, getting 9.1% alacrity would mean every single DPS window could start with a Laze Target, regardless of things.

Actually thats a terrible example because if you start each uptime window with Sniper volley -> Laze target, you'll have a 52 second cooldown on it -_-
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
12.14.2014 , 11:37 PM | #50
Anyway, on topic (sort of)

I went back and found the real optimal way to play marksman!

http://i.imgur.com/gDlyUpN.jpg

:P
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf