Nano Infused Adrenal question

ZentheSecond

Strictly from a Sin tank point of view;

The nano adrenal gives a lot of shield and absorb rating... Which as a Sin we have in heaps, but a thought occurred to me last night "Tyrans never hit me with his saber". I found it odd and went back to find that he has only four attacks (one being his DoT). Which means if I am not mistaken then he is ALL Force damage. Does this mean that for Tyrans fight the Nano adrenal is better then the rakata one for tanking? I also wondered if this was the case for Brontes as well and perhaps even Raptus in NiM, anyone have any input (logs would be awesome to use as a comparison)?

~Zen

That Absorb adrenal thread demonstrates why the Rakata Absorb adrenal is better overall than nano-infused for given weights of m/r vs f/t damage. But the OP of this thread is really asking about Tyrans' melee to force damage ratio. Unfortunately I don't think anyone has prepared a full write-up of DP NIM damage ratios yet, but there's an easy way to check whether Tyrans has melee attacks in nightmare. Parse a fight against him, check his miss rate per attack, and ignore instances where you resisted an attack. That gives you actual miss rate, and if it's anything other than zero then the attack is probably melee.

In DP HM Tyrans' shock was melee: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685465

In Nightmare Mode, as in Hard Mode, Tyrans's Shock is a melee/ranged attack (probably ranged, since you can glitch him and force him to use the ability from range, which he will happily do). Shock constitutes the bulk of his damage, which is why the Tyrans fight still qualifies as one where defense rating is relatively good.

All this has nothing to do with adrenals though. Shield/Absorb (the nano-infused) and Armor (exotech or rakata) all mitigate the exact same damage, meaning that it comes down to a straight comparison between the relative mitigation value of each adrenal. In that battle, the Exotech (and even Rakata) adrenals win by a wide margin. I mean, it's not even close. They're over 50% better than the Nano-Infused adrenals for most tank specs.

I've yet to be lucky enough to come across either these adrenals or the schematics on the GTN. I have the ability to craft the Rakatas on my Bio toons, but it happens that none of those are on my tank. Been having to stick with the Nano thus far.

Just buy the schematic for Exotech one from vendor in Section X.