Considering jumping ship from Jedi Covenant to Begeren Colony

btcorrad

Greetings,

I'm on the fence about what to do with SWTOR. I love the game but I was abandoned by friends on JC (East Coast) and I'm usually not active until 11pm(EST) or later. I am considering waiting until paid transfers but, TBH with 6 Imperial 50s and 3 slicing alts to move, I'm not sure the service would be worth the expense. I might be better served just starting over and moving a single toon later to preserve Legacy unlocks.

I need to be on a West Coast server. I don't really do a lot of RP but, I am thinking maybe a RP community would be more helpful and close than the troll-spawn I deal with constantly on JC. I know people on BC will mostly be biased in favor of their own server but I'd still rather get feedback "from the horse's mouth" so-to-speak.

Also, is there much of a late-night crowd on BC? I mean real numbers? I'm usually on all night.

Begeren Colony has a nice community, from what I've experienced. This is mostly from the PvP aspect, as I don't really communicate with other PvEers (though I do both). Most of the top-end guilds have relatively good relations with each other, and other than the occasional troll (and people like Kaelefth up there who will often troll and then help out anyway ;)), general remains fairly constructive.

I really like the people on this server but, as you said, I'm biased.

I'm not biased towards the server at all. Contemplated starting over on another before, but after looking up the others quickly found that it was probably best to stay put :p If you are going to create a new toon though, i'd suggest republic. We tend to have more mature and friendly players compared to the imperial faction. (there are some there, but not as much as on the pub side). :) I also find that we have plenty players on seemingly all hours. I'm on all day some times, and the fleet alone is always full of people. ;) Edited by PoliteAssasin

I'll go ahead and add my voice and perspective to the others. I've made the following observations since moving to BC; there are usually a good number of people on at all times of the day/night, the server seems to be republic heavy, general chat can actually be informative and helpful and any trolling that I see is usually done only for the humor factor (as in it's done ina funny kind of way), the server economy is in a healthy state, and there are a wide array of guilds to chose from recruitment wise.

If you chose to relocate to BC then I say welcome and see you around the server.

I'm not biased towards the server at all. Contemplated starting over on another before, but after looking up the others quickly found that it was probably best to stay put :p If you are going to create a new toon though, i'd suggest republic. We tend to have more mature and friendly players compared to the imperial faction. (there are some there, but not as much as on the pub side). :) I also find that we have plenty players on seemingly all hours. I'm on all day some times, and the fleet alone is always full of people. ;)

Here's how the Imperial faction is

The top end players are a really tight knit group who have alot of fun. We hangout in teamspeak, laugh have a good time and I love the imperial faction on this server and wouldn't skip it for a second. With that being said, the other 2/3 of the faction are kinda just whatever lol.

The Republic has less noobs and stuff but they aren't as tight knit as the Imps are and have their own in fighting and such.

While the Imperials have more noobs and dont perform as well in PvP because of that but on the other hand the top end players are pretty tight

Really its up to you, I have 8 level 50 toons one of each class 4 imps 4 pubs, try both sides.

Someone that I am friendly with on pub side told me that they finally figured it out; Imps are lazy (which ties back into what Riggz said about 2/3 are just whatever lol), and pubs are whiny.

There are some great people on both sides and you are sure to make friends no matter which side you choose. Remember what Cartman said about chat roulette, "sometimes you have to wade through the (richard)s to find friends".

Edited by Reynaga

Someone that I am friendly with on pub side told me that they finally figured it out; Imps are lazy (which ties back into what Riggz said about 2/3 are just whatever lol), and pubs are whiny.

Right, because its always the pubs who log into level 10 imp alts to whine about hackusations isn't it? :rolleyes:

Best bet for you is to come on each faction and see which is the best for you. Actions speak louder than words. ;)

Right, because its always the pubs who log into level 10 imp alts to whine about hackusations isn't it? :rolleyes:

Best bet for you is to come on each faction and see which is the best for you. Actions speak louder than words. ;)

People to do that?

Jesus

Just give it some time, things change a lot. I was playing sub-50 until August, and imps dominated way more than pubs in sub-50. We had full groups of jedi (guardians + sentinels) all the time - every new player wanted to try out the lightsaber! Kept playing against well balanced and coordinated teams with plenty of healers, operatives, and so on. It was quite tough any time of day (I really believe most new players join republic first...)

Now at level 50 republic wins more, that's true, but it could change quickly and still depends a lot on the day. I don't see a huge unbalanced here...

Welcome to our server, I enjoy it a lot.

Thanks!

Just give it some time, things change a lot. I was playing sub-50 until August, and imps dominated way more than pubs in sub-50. We had full groups of jedi (guardians + sentinels) all the time - every new player wanted to try out the lightsaber! Kept playing against well balanced and coordinated teams with plenty of healers, operatives, and so on. It was quite tough any time of day (I really believe most new players join republic first...)

Now at level 50 republic wins more, that's true, but it could change quickly and still depends a lot on the day. I don't see a huge unbalanced here...

Welcome to our server, I enjoy it a lot.

Thanks!

Oh on warzone balance I agree with you I was just saying it seems we have alot of random noobs

For normal warzones i'd say we are balanced

Here's the problem w/ ranked

Imps see it as: Cool! ranked lets find 8 people and do this

Pubs see it as: We must assemble the A team

Imps need to start getting our 8 best players on server together instead of doing guild only, because the pubs dont care about guild and already have their best on server in their ranked team regardless of guild. We're behind the game and gotta catch up

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing on BC since Early Access (since Dec 2011)

I have 10 level 50's across 5 accounts, all on BC.

( 6 on the Imperial Side, 4 on the Republic side )

( the reason I have 5 accounts is because I wanted the "Kurtob Alliance" speeder on my first 4 accounts )

As the people above have written, yes the Imperial side might have most of the "Newb" in the low level ranges, but the republic side has it's fair share of level 50 morons who block mailboxes with their oversized speeders for hours on end :p

I don't do any PvP on any of my characters, so I cannot comment regarding PvP on BC.

Edit:

Okay, people may think that I don't have a life...

Well it's partially true, cause I've been hospitalized since 2011 for Cancer, so I cannot do other nice things in life, like go outside, so my only enjoyment now is playing online mmo's :p

Edited by nattodaisuki