Super Serious Starfighter Saturday on The Bastion, May 23rd

Drakkolich

With the amazing turnout and the awesome games we had last time I'm sure this one will be no different!

On May 23rd at 6pm Eastern and continuing until 9pm Eastern were gathering up all the premades again to fight it out in a night of no holds barred action! We invite anyone and everyone to make a team of 4 players or use the same one you had last time, get your best ships ready and queue up!

The rules are simple make a 4 man team, queue up and play to win!

Where: The Bastion Server

When: May 23rd, 6pm-9pm Eastern Time (EDT) / 3pm-6pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) (For anyone still confused by Time zones please consult this map http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/)

How: Duke it out by queueing a GSF team on either side

I'll be helping players find a team once again!

If you want to be put on the List of players without team, please let me know the following:

-What time you can be on for. Example: 1: I can play all 3 hours 2: I can only be there for the last 2 hours.

-What faction you will be playing on. Example: Empire

-What ships you will likely be flying. Example: 1: I fly only Gunship (Mangler) 2: I fly anything!

-How much requisition you have on the ships you mentioned. Example: 1: My Mangler is mastered, rest of my ships are stock. 2: All my ships are mastered. 3: My Sting and Razorwire are about halfway mastered, rest of my ships are stock.

We're offering the use of our Mumble one again in case you need one to communicate with your team, just PM me thought the forums or message/mail me in-game (Drakolich Empire side) for information.

I will be forming the teams from the List of players without a team on May 18th so let me know all your information by then please.

Thanks in advance!

List of teams currently signed up:

#1 Drakolich/Drakolích Sanic/Saníc Purple/Verain Xiaoyu/Xianghua Empire/Republic

#2 Deathknell Ollie'Grenndali Georgewhite _______ Empire

#3 Sithace Chukker Ronik Puddy-Tat Empire

#4 Zaarin Lendul ______ _______ Republic

List of players without a team currently:

#1 Sithace - Faction: Empire Availability: Whole Event Ships: Sting, Razorwire, Mangler, Legion, and Jurgoran. Requisition: All ships mentioned Mastered (on a team)

#2 Sriia (Zyrieus) Faction: Republic Availability: Whole Event Ships: Quarrel, Rampart, Flashfire Requisition: Quarrel/Flashfire mastered Rampart decent Req

#3 Puddy-Tat Faction: Empire Availability: Whole Event Ships: All 12 ships Requisition: About 65000+ on all ships (on a team)

#4 Zaarin (Nemarus) Faction: Republic Availability: Whole Event Ships: Scouts! Requisition: Unknown (on a team)

#5 Ollie'Grenndali or Mierin Faction: Both Availability: will try to make it Ships: Flashfire, Quarrel, Rampart, Spearpoint, Sting Requisition: All ships mentioned mastered except Sting (On a team)

#6 Chukker Faction: Empire Availability: Whole Event! Ships: Razorwire, Blackbolt, Mangler Imperium Requisition: Razorwire high req, Blackbolt and Mangler Medium req, Imperium low req (on a team)

#7 Jaret/Deathknell Faction: Both Availability: Whole Event! Ships: All ships Requisition: Many mastered ships (On a team)

#8 Lendul Faction: Republic Availablity: Whole Event! Ships: Flashfire, Quarrel, Rampart, War Carrier, Spearpoint Requisition: None mastered (on a team)

#9 Georgewhite Faction: Empire Availability: Whole Event! Ships: Sting Requisition: High req (on a team)

Edited by Drakkolich

Hey Drak, I can only speak for myself but if the others are willing then a good team would be: Yallia, Nightmaregale, Georgewhite, and myself. If you hear or see them before I do ask if they are ok with this. Thanks J. :D

Easy, best friend rides next to you in a battle scout, and the brand new Mrs. Battlescout can take a spin in a Razorwire WIN/WIN/WIN!

Well, given the bride is the friend in question (which is great, cos male BFF of the bride has zero traditional role, so I just show my face for free food :p), that particular group comp wouldn't happen anyway, but yeah, I can just see it.

"Care to start your honeymoon playing GSF for 3 hours?"

I'll try to make it.

May throw a curve and play Empire this time as Ollie'Grenndali. Or I may just rock it with Mierin if a team wants an erratic FF pilot or a shaky Quarrel shot.

Pub mastery of FF, Quarrel, Rampart, Spearpoint. Imp mastery of... err... Lightweight Armor on my Sting? :D

EDIT:

#6 Ollie;Grenndall

Ooph! Let the name butchery begin! :eek:

RE-EDIT:

I guess it's actually not that bad... But that last character is definitely an "i" for rhyming purposes. ;)

Edited by nyghtrunner

I might actually be tagging along for a while, but I think rather not as part of a team - as nothing I can offer is even close to being mastered and I don't really consider myself an ace anyways...

But for the learning experience I am at least partially willing to throw myself into the fray and getting repeatedly slaughtered by random people:rolleyes:

EDIT - Just for the record, here's what I've got to offer:

Character #1 Roník - Faction: Empire Availability: Probably whole Event Ships: Sting, Razorwire, Mangler. Requisition: Rather low

Character #2 Ronîk - Faction: Republic Availability: Probably whole Event Ships: Flashfire, Rampart, Quarrel. Requisition: Rather low

Impside Requisition marginally better than Pubside, but not by much.

Edited by OKonst

I might actually be tagging along for a while, but I think rather not as part of a team - as nothing I can offer is even close to being mastered and I don't really consider myself an ace anyways...

But for the learning experience I am at least partially willing to throw myself into the fray and getting repeatedly slaughtered by random people:rolleyes:

Don't worry about what you can or can not do for your team.

My first SSN I was flying with Arrmond, Scrab, and Xiaoyu as my teammates. I had maybe tier 1-2 upgrades on my ships and really only contributed multiple deaths in a TDM we were in. LOL But we only lost 49-50 so it doesn't matter what ya bring to the game just fly your best and learn.

We will do our best to look out for ya and we always welcome new pilots! Good luck! ;)

I'm down for the event for sure this time Drak (last minute family event came up last time :( ). If Mier wants, I can tag along w/him on Death, but can use Jaret as well if needed.

Be happy to roll with you on either side, but my Imp-side would really be largely Scout only, and while it's in better shape than I was thinking, it's still only at about 50% req. That said, I've got both T4 BLC and T3 Disto, so I'd be able to mostly fly as I usually do.

You know me Mier, I'm down to fly. Pubside is full mastered and Impside I'm just missing the Jurg (like 4k req from mastered) and the Decimus left to fully master. So I can bring whatever we think is best to the dance floor ;p

I'd love to make it out to one of these events some day, but unfortunately, its too early in the day. :(

I got kids, and they won't let me alone for this kind of thing (not to mention wife Aggro!). I realize you have to accommodate different timezones which makes it tricky, but maybe in the future you can schedule a later event and I'll actually be around to participate ;)

-Sevaerian

Edited by blade_mercurial

This is fourth time that I'm busy on sunday morning (saturday night in North America) and it happen just only that one particular day with Super Serious night!:confused: But at least I got a quick two pop this time. GG all. I hope I'm available next time.

P.S. Nothing personal, Tune, I happen to pick you up because Sriia barrel away from me :D Could you tell her to stay still a bit more so I can shoot her down (so she won't just ion and shoot all my team down)? Thx. :cool:

Edited by armpatara
editing

We were a bit unlucky. Matchmaker didn't give my group any competitive matches. The closest match was 50:38 but most people in that match were not part of the event.

Thanks for organizing, Drakolich. I don't think I was the undisputed worst player in every match so I will sign up for the next event as well.

I have to apologize to my team for disconnecting suddenly in the middle of a match. Apparently, my ISP had a serious hardware failure at the nearest node to my place - which left me without internet for over 12 hours :mad:

Nevertheless it was an interesting experience and I realised that I really need a lot more practice and possibly better equipped ships :rolleyes: