Put warzone like racks into starfighter

Instead of levels once you get a certain number of high tiered ships or a fully tiered ship, etc they should be against ships of their own caliber. It is severely unfair for high tiered ships to go against low tiered ships. Starfighter is pretty much whoever gets the most high tiered ships on their team wins.

1. There are not enough players except for a few servers.

2. Developers previously stated that the matchmaking algorithm primarily looks at ships (number and requisition or upgrades) when rating players.

3. The matchmaking algorithm has a wait time lock out for individuals and for everyone in the queue which will override this player rating system: If I join the queue solo and there is a match in progress, the matchmaker will skip over me for the next beginner match (I have mastered ships). I will essentially be guaranteed to get in the match after that unless I leave the queue. So yes, it does work when there are enough players.

4. Faction imbalance aggravates the problem. If you want to maximize your chance of getting an even match, everyone should queue on the same faction. (Largely hypothetical scenario, though the few times I have been in such a scenario the matchmaker seemed to work fine).

The matchmaker is already trying to do what you want to do. The only difference is that the matchmaker will lock people out for about 20 minutes and your system will lock them out forever. If you find that you are encountering the same people in every match, with more ships than you, that means there are not enough people in the queue to have balanced matches. There are lots of reasons to believe that permanent "racks" will kill the game completely on all but a few servers (I estimate 3).

Essentially everyone who posts in this forum would like more people in the queue and for new players to develop faster. It is a difficult problem, but this is not the solution.

1. There are not enough players except for a few servers.

2. Developers previously stated that the matchmaking algorithm primarily looks at ships (number and requisition or upgrades) when rating players.

3. The matchmaking algorithm has a wait time lock out for individuals and for everyone in the queue which will override this player rating system: If I join the queue solo and there is a match in progress, the matchmaker will skip over me for the next beginner match (I have mastered ships). I will essentially be guaranteed to get in the match after that unless I leave the queue. So yes, it does work when there are enough players.

4. Faction imbalance aggravates the problem. If you want to maximize your chance of getting an even match, everyone should queue on the same faction. (Largely hypothetical scenario, though the few times I have been in such a scenario the matchmaker seemed to work fine).

The matchmaker is already trying to do what you want to do. The only difference is that the matchmaker will lock people out for about 20 minutes and your system will lock them out forever. If you find that you are encountering the same people in every match, with more ships than you, that means there are not enough people in the queue to have balanced matches. There are lots of reasons to believe that permanent "racks" will kill the game completely on all but a few servers (I estimate 3).

Essentially everyone who posts in this forum would like more people in the queue and for new players to develop faster. It is a difficult problem, but this is not the solution.

Actually it's been theorised (both for WZ and GSF) that the matchmaker is designed to first group people with similar ratings together, and then find them opponents. This is all but confirmed for Ranked WZ, since you can check people's ratings easily there, and solo queue does not allow actual premades. If everyone sync queues, the matchmaker will form groups with lowest variance in rating, and then pit them against one another, usually resulting in the most unbalanced match possible if the population in queue has significant rating variance. This is why people emphasise the importance of the 10 placement games in ranked, and the concept of "your rating carrying you".

In GSF, the way the matchmaker rates people is not really known so it's harder to confirm, but anecdotal evidence is that it's similar (i.e. people solo queue into hugely imbalanced wargames).

Of course, this also means that ranked GSF would solve exactly nothing (besides the obvious fact that it would never pop).

Edited by MiaowZedong

Let's get more players into GSF (which is awesome when you get the hang of it) and worry about how to divide them away from each other later, if ever. Right now, I want to see GSF have a future. That's more important to me than some overwrought selection process.