Required Conquest point totals seem too high

Shirvington

So just a couple quick conquest observations after playing the new 1.5 build on PTS.

4 heroics on Hutta & 7 heroics on Balmorra

2 levels of Balmorra rampage

NO GALACTIC RAMPAGE (it's gone / no longer an objective)

Ended up with a little over 28k conquest points.

I'm not going to say good or bad.

But here are some additional details.

level sync is still changed. I suspect they're keeping it.

that means each heroic takes longer if you solo them.

they are NOT tuned for "super easy mode" but maybe now "marginally easy mode"

Toxic Bombs, for example (imp side balmorra) with full top of the line gear from the PTS vendors and a level 30 companion healing...as a sniper (engineering) I had to heal up a bit between each pair of npc's in that encounter.

The "spray and pray" AOE attack that snipers have doesn't kill the golds in one burst, or even two. Three or more bursts coupled with the flaming AOE attack. (I suck at learning/remembering attack names...sorry).

It's doable, it just takes two or three times as long. And that's a super fast heroic usually.

I did the one where bug hunt used to be. Aggroing too many of those will kill you now.

Thanks for the info. One question... are those totals you mentioned with a 150% SH bonus?

If so, the devs need to realize that many players likely don't have even a 100% bonus like I do. Many may only have a 25% or 50% bonus, if that. The 150% bonus should NOT be taken into account when setting point totals.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. One question... are those totals you mentioned with a 150% SH bonus?

If so, the devs need to realize that many players likely don't have even a 100% bonus like I do. Many may only have a 25% or 50% bonus, if that. The 150% bonus should NOT be taken into account when setting point totals.

Yes, those totals were with a 150% SH bonus.

Easy to get on the PTS.

Not so easy/fast on live.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with TrixxieTriss; the increase in points has encouraged more of my guild members to get involved with CQ. They just do normal activities and then realise they have also made a fair amount of CQ points which brings them close to getting our guild CQ rewards so they put a bit more effort in and take on a few CQ objectives to reach the goal line.

It really seems you are disconnected from CQ and guilds in general. You spend too long looking at statistics instead of the enjoyment level of players. The point balance right now is great. People get rewards easily which makes them happy. Sure the rewards are pretty crap but just getting a "you have won something" popup makes people happy. Please stop breaking things that don't need fixing :)

I agree. This doesn't make sense. Same as crafting mats sold by the Jawa's prices. Why alter something that is working? Seriously. It is like moving the furniture around all the time just to do it.

Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric

No offense, but then why did you bother adding passive command cxp in the first place? Or if it's too much for you, couldnt you adjust the rate at which cxp is gained via command points?

This is a sad excuse to ruin conquest again.

Edited by KendraP

No offense, but then why did you bother adding passive command cxp in the first place? Or if it's too much for you, couldnt you adjust the rate at which cxp is gained via command points?

They're Lucy, we're Charlie Brown, and conquest is the football.

Oof, nope, don't like that. I would have to agree with the earlier point made that this will just make conquest meaningless to smaller guilds again. I can appreciate the "spirit"...but the aforementioned numbers are quite the knee jerk response.

Join a larger guild, problem solved.

This is perfectly fine. Currently getting Conquest is way too easy. By the end of the week, I have several toons on 60-150K conquest, and that's by doing everyday stuff. Currently if you run an Operation, you end up with around 20K points. Even more if the operation is part of the conquest objective. We've regularly had to have players switch out 3-4 bosses in an operation because their character just hit objective, and probably get a second character close to conquest by the end of the OP.

Conquest shouldn't be something you get done after just 1-2 activities. It should at least take 2-3 days of 1-2 activity per day. You should be able to get 3-5 characters to conquest, not 10-15 characters per week (as many have been doing since the last conquest changes). If nothing else, look at the cost of Charged Matter on GTN. It has dropped from 2 mil to about 600-700K because of how easy it has become to earn conquest.

This has made many of the large guilds to opt out of going for large yield to medium/small because the reward has become meaningless for large yield (because too many people are getting them, saturating the market).

Going back to 50K, will ensure that the rewards are worthwhile and we will go back to having 3-4 characters meeting conquest rather than 10-15 per account.

You can already have just 3 to 4 chrs get conquest. You can just make the choice to.

I would hazard a guess that they added passive command cxp as conquest points because they foolishly tied guild leveling to conquest. By doing that they effectively froze out story players and low level players from contributing to guild leveling.

I would hazard a guess that they added passive command cxp as conquest points because they foolishly tied guild leveling to conquest. By doing that they effectively froze out story players and low level players from contributing to guild leveling.

That is a two thumbs up. It doesn't make sense to make the changes.

As an example, with all SH unlocks for 150% bonus you can run 2 ops and complete conquest on PTS as the numbers are now.

The unfortunate part is that many quests are still 'once per legacy', which I think should be eliminated. Lower the total points given, but allow all CQ quests to be run on all toons.

I'm assuming there'll be more tuning, but I don't think conquest will be hard to get, they're just trying to guide it back toward conquest objectives, which are completely irrelevant on live server right now. I make conquest on every one of my 14 alts just doing Ossus WBs, by the time the bug is dead I've got CQ done. Probably not as intended lol!

As an example, with all SH unlocks for 150% bonus you can run 2 ops and complete conquest on PTS as the numbers are now.

The unfortunate part is that many quests are still 'once per legacy', which I think should be eliminated. Lower the total points given, but allow all CQ quests to be run on all toons.

I'm assuming there'll be more tuning, but I don't think conquest will be hard to get, they're just trying to guide it back toward conquest objectives, which are completely irrelevant on live server right now. I make conquest on every one of my 14 alts just doing Ossus WBs, by the time the bug is dead I've got CQ done. Probably not as intended lol!

That's great that it only takes two ops.

Try doing it without ops...as many solo players do.

That's great that it only takes two ops.

Try doing it without ops...as many solo players do.

You hit the nail on the head. Jacking up points needed isn't going to be a good thing. It just doesn't make sense.

Like, how? I got to 15k in 1 hour, ran CZ198 Weekly, and last two bosses in SaV. Hitting 15k is ludicrously easy.

Even for solo players, he's right.

cz198 and anywhere from 4-15 heroics (depending on your stronghold bonus) will get you over the top.

• 1 month later...

I like to possibily thank Eric and crew for kicking some guilds out of doing conquest, to get 50k of points currently in game you have to do 4 to 5 worlds of heroics and grind the points, by what is see by reading posts from people from the PTS server and other places on the forum, it may be the same afterwards as well, so the large guilds will continue to dominate and the small guilds will die off, not sure if that is the goal, less guilds, more control and perhaps less people playing this game, because they will tire of the grind.

I have done 50k for my guild in conquest in a night on 3 alts so we have enough encryptions to keep up with the large dominating guilds. We do medium yield at moment but after 6.0 we may have to go down to small to continue collecting conquest rewards. Most we have done is about 1.8 million for the week and at most we get about 1.4 to 1.5 a week, so the only ones benefitting from the increase at moment I see is the large conquest guilds that only do conquest, that at moment do 5 to 10 million conquest, after expansion if they keep doing what they do now, will get about 15 to 20 million points a week for guild.

Smaller guilds like I said may die off completely, some may join the larger or medium sized guilds and some may give up on conquest all together. Some player may even leave game because of this. I have no personal problem with raising personal up to perhaps 20 or 25 but 50, I think is too much. I hope that the 500k, 2 mil and 5 mil is also ideas, I think perhaps 275k, 1.25 mil and 3 mil might be better choices for the smaller guilds, and perhaps keep more players in game.

I have myself at times for conquest gotten 200,000 points in a week but that is doing 11 to 12 which after the expansion I might be able to do 4 to 5 alts to help my guild at most.

Edited by Calwred
spelling

I really hope the personal and guild Conquest point totals on the PTS are placeholders of some kind.

50k for personal seems way too much even in light of the bonus points from exp conversion. (15k on live to 50k on PTS??)

Guild: 500k for small yield, 2mil for medium yield, 5mil for large yield? Granted, the specific conquest objs were buffed, but these numbers seem way out of whack.

Your goal was for more players to achieve Conquest, and on live, mission accomplished! It seems a significant backtrack to ramp personal up to 50k.

I thought that as well for a time until I saw that they doubled if not tripled some of the dailys weeklies, etc.....I would not be working conquest as a test. Until they ask us to right now :)

• 2 years later...
Really... EVERY ROOM unlocked on SIX strongholds? You are just trolling. It takes Muiti-millions just to buy some of the strongholds. You know good and well that some people actually have a life outside of SWTOR.

well I have all of the strongholds unlocked now. except the spacedock strongholds.

Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric

I thought that objectives were supposed to have the same values as on live but you cut them by more than half! How is that okay. I don't mind the 100K, I don't mind not getting credits, I do mind it taking 4x the time to get my goal.

I thought that objectives were supposed to have the same values as on live but you cut them by more than half! How is that okay. I don't mind the 100K, I don't mind not getting credits, I do mind it taking 4x the time to get my goal.

You don't have strongholds on PTS. Of course everything will give fewer points.

Also worth noting that this thread is 2 years old, this isn't about the current PTS ;).