WHITE DAMAGE!!!! So, "all" classes equal now? I saw some weird s***. Let me know!!!!!

Letsjet

Ok-

From what I've seen, White Damage is now equalizing??? Only active skill ability damage actually matters over the course of the fight.

#1) If you disagree, please give race and skill, and how your percentages are (close to) the same.

and importantly....

#2) If you have seen a dramatic loss in dps due to a decrease in white damage, please list the class, the skill, other shills class and white damage, and what percentages from both characters you can to back your claim up.

Ya'll don't have to show some granite/solid stone evidence, It's just that I've heard anecdotally a lot about white damage being flattened to make every class "even from here on out." This could be great! ...But lets just make sure that this leads to similar outcome, by alternate skill, scheme, and execution in different ways.

Give me the info and I know it will be heard

Thanks

I admit. I am very confused by what you mean when you say "equalizing"

In 75 content (Mek-Sha, Onderon, Dxun, Meridian). The stats don't seem to have changed at all and seems to be exactly the same as before.

in sub-75 content, white damage seems to have been buffed a little bringing it much closer in line with yellow damage.

From my limited tests. sustained specs are still higher than burst specs. It's just that in sub 75 MM ops, weapon based classes don't fall so far behind yellow damage based classes

I'm been trying to get on the PTS to prove this, but it's down. Quoted like, "With white damage changed and making it more skill based the classes should come more "in line."

It does seem easier to fiddle with one type of damage than with god knows how many abilities.

I was in an in game conversation about which of a few characters I should play since (I have legendary I have the all but a few at 75.) All he told me was it "it really doesn't matter because on our PTS, white damage is being recalculated to even out a lot of damage inconsistences." That is all I'm asking about.

i still dont get it...

OP made the thread on the premise that white (weapon) and yellow (force/tech) damage gets equalized by nerfing white damage. That nerf would hit Marksman and Carnage the hardest, while being an indirect buff for Sorcerers and Concealment Operatives that do no white damage at all.

Also, for PVP there is the issue that there are a lot more defenses against white damage, relativising a higher damage number on the tooltip. But other than the OP thought, white damage actually seems to get a little buff.

Edited by Mubrak

OP made the thread on the premise that white (weapon) and yellow (force/tech) damage gets equalized by nerfing white damage. That nerf would hit Marksman and Carnage the hardest, while being an indirect buff for Sorcerers and Concealment Operatives that do no white damage at all.

Also, for PVP there is the issue that there are a lot more defenses against white damage, relativising a higher damage number on the tooltip. But other than the OP thought, white damage actually seems to get a little buff.

Maybe it's me, but I thought OP basically said the opposite. We all know white damage is kinda getting a raw deal in capped content, but now on pts it seems more equal to yellow damage. That's what I got from it anyway, maybe I misunderstand.

Maybe it's me, but I thought OP basically said the opposite. We all know white damage is kinda getting a raw deal in capped content, but now on pts it seems more equal to yellow damage. That's what I got from it anyway, maybe I misunderstand.

"More equal" can be misleading, that seems to have started the whole discussion. When your hard hitters are white, you don't want them to be made equal to your puny little yellow abilities.

Edited by Mubrak

• 2 months later...

what we want is for someone who has yellow and white damage abilities use their white (m/r) ability to get about 50-100 values in the log to get an average (this can be a typical auto attack with no offhand class) for uncapped and capped (two data sets). then use a yellow ability in the same way (two more data sets). if you choose a yellow ability that doesnt have a range (some dots) then you dont need a large data set for averaging. you want to make sure procs that change damage isnt happening, or you remove those from the data sets.

then take yellow(75)/yellow(70 and compare to white(75)/white(70) and see if the ratio is similar. I think the white ratio was underperforming like 40% before.

Edited by dipstik