Grade 1 medical supplies?

SnakeSinger

Where do we even get these base components in crew missions anymore? I'm not able to do biochem with my sentinel anymore because I have none and the mission that used to drop them now drops Hyposyringes exclusively (which is oh so very helpful because you can already buy those from a crew skill vendor! >_<)

Why did they change the drops in the new update and whose darn *** do I have to kiss to get my grade 1 medical supplies back? :( This is driving me crazy! XD

I'm having no problems with getting grade 1 medical items via gathering missions. Actually been sending them out lately since their prices have gone up quite a lot lately on Shadowlands.

You are aware that you get more gathering missions as you send out your characters on what you have already, right? I'm sure you are but wanted to make sure. Should have like 10 for each level by the time you start getting level 2 missions. Just want to make sure.

I'm having no problems with getting grade 1 medical items via gathering missions. Actually been sending them out lately since their prices have gone up quite a lot lately on Shadowlands.

You are aware that you get more gathering missions as you send out your characters on what you have already, right? I'm sure you are but wanted to make sure. Should have like 10 for each level by the time you start getting level 2 missions. Just want to make sure.

Yep, I am aware. I have all the grade 1 missions and even some grade 2 by now but none of them drop the piece things (I cant even remember what they were called, it's been that long since I've gotten one. All I remember that they were in the grade 1 medical supplies category) I need to make the basic components that all my recipes need so I can't even use my biochem skill D':

If you run through Drommund Kaas or Coruscant, you'll be up to your ears in lvl 1 mats from harvesting. No need to even bother with the crew missions for that. They sell fairly cheap on the GTN too if you don't want to bother with it.

That's pretty much true for any resource depending on what world you're on.

Edited by Fygee

Where do we even get these base components in crew missions anymore? I'm not able to do biochem with my sentinel anymore because I have none and the mission that used to drop them now drops Hyposyringes exclusively (which is oh so very helpful because you can already buy those from a crew skill vendor! >_<)

Why did they change the drops in the new update and whose darn *** do I have to kiss to get my grade 1 medical supplies back? :( This is driving me crazy! XD

"medical supplies" come from the Diplomacy skill and always have.

"medical equipment" come from Bioanalysis AKA "vendor material".

Maybe you are looking for purple grade medical supply? Iff that is the case the you have a "chance" to get those from Rich and Bountifull mission in Diplomacy. In early levels and with little influence with companions is more difficult as you need that mission to CRIT to get a few. Moderate and Abudant missions no not provide purple mats even when you crit.

Maybe you are looking for purple grade medical supply? Iff that is the case the you have a "chance" to get those from Rich and Bountifull mission in Diplomacy. In early levels and with little influence with companions is more difficult as you need that mission to CRIT to get a few. Moderate and Abudant missions no not provide purple mats even when you crit.

Yes those stupid purple things are EXACTLY what I mean! XD ugh well guess I have to give up Slicing (bye money lol) to do Diplomacy :L

Could have sworn I got them from Biochem before the 5.0 update...

I shouldn't have a problem with CRITs as I have something close to 16 or 17 influence level with Kira by now ;) thanks everyone!

Yes those stupid purple things are EXACTLY what I mean! XD ugh well guess I have to give up Slicing (bye money lol) to do Diplomacy :L

Could have sworn I got them from Biochem before the 5.0 update...

I shouldn't have a problem with CRITs as I have something close to 16 or 17 influence level with Kira by now ;) thanks everyone!

Lvl 16/17 is not that much. And consider that every mission skill provides it own purple mats. So if you are looking for the purple to make for example purple grade stims, then only diplomacy can provide those. if you want purple for augments, then is slicing (at least for synthweaver). The slicing purple are actually used for a lot of crafting skills, so is always a good skill to have.

Lvl 16/17 is not that much. And consider that every mission skill provides it own purple mats. So if you are looking for the purple to make for example purple grade stims, then only diplomacy can provide those. if you want purple for augments, then is slicing (at least for synthweaver). The slicing purple are actually used for a lot of crafting skills, so is always a good skill to have.

Ughhh so it is, well I was remembering the max level as being 20 so level 16/17 used to be really good *sigh* (also checked and it's up to 20 now not that that makes much of a difference...)

And I'm not talking about purple "grade" gear. The stupid things are literally "Grade 1" supplies, they don't have a coloured border or a high level last time I checked. The actual icon/image is a silly little purple thing. They are basic components that are required alongside the Cell fragment things to make EVERYTHING in the BioChem skill and because I have none I can't build anything

I don't need Synthweaving supplies as I don't do synthweaving, the skill I'm using is BioChem and you can't have more than one crafting skill

tbh at this point I'm considering giving up crafting completely because this is just stupidly complicated

Edited by SnakeSinger

Well I STILL can't work the screenshot function but apparently the things are called "Biochemical Bonding Agents"

As a side question to something else I've noticed, why does my companion not bringing anything back from a mission grant my toon dark side points when I've chosen light side as the "side" at the bottom? O.o

Edited by SnakeSinger

Well I STILL can't work the screenshot function but apparently the things are called "Biochemical Bonding Agents"

As a side question to something else I've noticed, why does my companion not bringing anything back from a mission grant my toon dark side points when I've chosen light side as the "side" at the bottom? O.o

Diplomacy used to and still does have LS and DS specific missions. With the new LS/DS system though all they did was overlay the new system on the old. So if you run a formerly DS mission in diplomacy you will get BOTH LS and DS points. If you mouse over the Force icon (blue/red star thingy) you will get a tooltip that specifies the LS/DS points value of that mission.

The cell graph needs the mats you get from bionalisys (two types: samples and compounds) and another item that you buy at the vendor or can gather also from bioanalisys mission (first grades, is cheaper and easier from vendor).

Then the cells are combined with the medical supplys from Diplomacy to make the Stims, Meds, Adrenals, implants, etc.

So for biochem you need both extra skills: Bionalisys and Diplomacy.