Level 50, and I'm already bored.

Yeah, I'm sure there are a million of these threads already (and for those of you who simply can't understand sarcasm or hyperboles, I assure you I know there aren't actually a million of these threads), but it's really worth saying over, and over, and over again.

I was having a lot of fun leveling up. I really got into the story and enjoyed almost every one of the quests. I was looking forward to what level cap was going to be like! Then I got there, and found it was basically doing the same flashpoints you had been doing leveling up, but with harder mobs...and with people who won't just skip the dialogue we've all already seen a few times.

Gee, that's a lot of fun.

Sure, there's PvP, and that's fun for about the first couple of minutes until you realize everybody's already in pretty good gear and will stomp your *** without you even scratching them.

I actually regret getting that game card. I could have had my fun playing this game to level cap and just quit until the next expansion and been fine with that.

Here's hoping the new content in the next patch is interesting, and not filled with nearly as many bugs and blaring balance issues as the game currently has.

Well, bioware never claimed their raid content would be "hardcore". Sure they got Hard and Nightmare mode, but considering these are starter operations, the challenge isn't really tough, aside from overtuning (NM SOA) and annoying bugs (Bonethrasher).. Here is hoping future content is at the level of WoW, more specifically Sunwell level. Even then, I came into the game expecting a casual experience, which is exactly what they said in the first place.

The amount of end-game content at the moment is acceptable, compared to WoW and Rift at the start, which had little to no end-game. Not to mention, level 50s aren't quite the majority yet.

Edited by Pintaphilly

I'm playing a different class on Empire this time as an alt to fill my extra time while not raiding. Each storyline is unique.

Yeah, each class quest is unique. But the quests are still basically the same if you play the same side again. I tried to play the Republic side and got kinda bored of it. It's the same game.

Yeah, each class quest is unique. But the quests are still basically the same if you play the same side again. I tried to play the Republic side and got kinda bored of it. It's the same game.

I can see it being really hard to run through the same side again.

and it does seam the light side got gimped story wise.

Also, I absolutely refuse to do tatooine again...

The amount of end-game content at the moment is acceptable, compared to WoW and Rift at the start, which had little to no end-game.

Please, please, let's not get carried away with misinformation. Rift shipped with 10 Hard Mode group instances (split into two 5-dungeon tiers) and one 20-man raid. A second raid was added at the end of the first month. All HM instances were ports from normal modes, but with extra bosses thrown in - usually 2-3 additional bosses per instance.

If I'm not mistaken, SWtOR has shipped with 12 (TBC) HM group instances (but with no obvious tiering and few extra bosses), and one operation and the first boss of a second. Arguably, this is marginally more than Rift, but not so much that it can be said that Rift had "little to no endgame".

As for WoW, I grant you that, endgame was significantly lighter in quantity at release. Many other games had the same feature.

The point is, Rift was a game built around the idea that getting to level cap was fast and that endgame was the whole point of the game. It was the designers motto. This was not the case for vanilla WoW, nor for LotRO, if I must take another example - in both cases, the levelling game was considered significant (this is not the case anymore for WoW, but I think LotRO still retains part of that idea, even though they have shifted their design philosophy around somewhat).

Now tOR was not advertised with endgame as the be-all, end-all of the game. The story told during levelling was a major component. Emphasis was put on alt creation. If anything, endgame was downplayed.

The problem is, in my opinion, that while it was perhaps downplayed a bit too much, the "rest of the game" was not there to pick up the slack. Story is only interesting if it is truly exceptional, and most of the story arcs are subpar (not to mention "filler quests" which clog the content and are flimsly veiled killing fests), bordering on very bad in some occasions (Jedi Consular storyline, for instance). As a result, people are actually looking towards the endgame - which, in this game, is IMHO a mistake, because whatever endgame it can provide is certainly no better, more original, or more well-crafted and tuned than what has already been done times and again.

1. Get a guild

2. Go run Hardmodes

3. Go hunt ALL THE datacrons

4. raid

5. pvp alot, so you get that gawesum gear too

You're bored, because you have no idea how to spend your time on end-game

And you assume you know everything about me when you don't. Take your advice to somebody who is actually suffering from ignorance in the game.

1. Get a guild

2. Go run Hardmodes

4. raid

1. um ok? Guilds are content now or something?

2. Why. I outgeared them all without ever having to run flashpoints because normal mode operations are faceroll.

3. That took half a day. What now?

4. Im almost fully Rakata geared in 2 weeks of raiding. What now?

5. So run Huttball incessantly so I can get gear to help me win more huttball?

Got any more suggestions there kiddo?

Edited by ValaxDarkseer

1. um ok? Guilds are content now or something?

2. Why. I outgeared them all without ever having to run flashpoints because normal mode operations are faceroll.

3. That took half a day. What now?

4. Im almost fully Rakata geared in 2 weeks of raiding. What now?

5. So run Huttball incessantly so I can get gear to help me win more huttball?

Got any more suggestions there kiddo?

do dailys all week to get those rakata implants/earrings

push your professions to get those relics + bracer + belt with augment slots!!!!

so much fun ;D

Not to mention a huge expansion on Tuesday, only a month after release...

not sure if this is sarcasm, but a huge expansion?

1 flashpoint that was probably in the works for some time during beta already is huge?

would prefer they fix more bugs instead of already adding a new flashpoint

I'm playing a different class on Empire this time as an alt to fill my extra time while not raiding. Each storyline is unique.

Cool, now, what about those guys that don't play games for their story but rather for its entertainment value?

Hey, there's the door... don't let it hit you on the way out.

These threads:

Person A points flaws out about the game that need immediate attention from a marketting stand point

Person B teases person A and tells them to leave

Person B doesn't take the time to think that games with subscriptions requires players with credit cards to fund its content

Person B ends up feeling like an idiot after a few months of ill-paid attention by BW when the game announces its shut down due to entering administration.

These threads:

Person A points flaws out about the game that need immediate attention from a marketting stand point

Person B doesn't take the time to think that games with subscriptions requires players with credit cards to fund its content

Person B ends up feeling like an idiot after a few months of ill-paid attention by BW when the game announces its shut down due to entering administration.

Well no, not really, because I have other things to do besides complain about any lack of content on the forums.

These threads:

You forgot player C who seems to think that player A is actually going to quit and unsub anytime soon.

To the OP .. if you choose not to partake in the content provided because you are above it's boring storyline then you seriously need to find a new game.

The most ignorant thing said in this thread was you insinuating that you are not ignorant of the game ... if you aren't then you are in denial.

Well ive read it all and i need to say that basicly:

LOOT is a little bit to easy to get. both PVP and PVE. I got my whole Columi set in 4 days of doing Hm's... ~4 days. Yes, im experianced in pve content and mmos so even bugged hm's werent a problem. But still , 4 days is a lil to fast imho...

Also, hm's -> loot tables are a little bit to boring, every boss drops certain token, and nothing more (well, 1 crafting mat and tionese schem's). And all semi bosses/minibosses drop crappy implants/ears/gloves etc. Nothing that unique. Also, each boss got like 3-4 items drops, (usually tho i see same drops in every runthrough)

No "shiny new weapon or armour" to go there for (just the false emp's HK47 loot table is decent).

Most of my guild casuals just skipped whole hm's concept, went to 2 normal mode ops and geared up from 40 lvl leveling greens/blues and pvp gear to columi in 2/3 8m raids ... ummm ok. Where is t1 ? Where is certain level gear requirement etc....?

There is only Rakata left for them.

And i wont even start on pvp loot, ive seen 50 valor pvpers with Centurion gear, and 25 level pvpers in full champion gear ... something is wrong here...

Edited by Gunthr

it's so very, very simple. if you like the grind game, go play some of those asian "i just hit lvl 30, now i stay on this one map, using 3 skills till level 99 so i can do the 'endgame'." abominations.

imagine the following:

- there is no gear

- there are no medals, points, reputations, etc

- there are no achievements

Would playing the game fun in this scenario? if yes, then please stay. if no, then g.tfo, for your own sake.

Edited by Anonymousy

1. Get a guild

2. Go run Hardmodes

4. raid

To add to this list:

Hunt world bosses

Obviously you should play some other game, it seems this is not the game for you.

Cool, now, what about those guys that don't play games for their story but rather for its entertainment value?

Since when following a story doesn't entertain? Also from the start Bioware very openly stated that the focus of the MMO is its story, if you don't enjoy story why are you playing SWTOR?

Edited by Requimo

I love the way BioWare has set up the game so far - I like the fact that I don't have to spend 20 hours hunting for the "top level" gear so I can kill the epic boss 50 times for the chance at the next top level shiny thing, so I can kill the next epic boss... There are plenty of other games that provide this sort of content. BioWare (I hope) is trying to offer something for those interested in something other than WoW, not just WoW with different "toons".

I haven't reached "end-game" with any of the alts I've created, so have no idea if I'd like to continue playing the game after the story has ended, but I have to say, the titile sort of sums it up for me - you've finished the game. Those who are disapointed that there is no more to do after the story is over, might consider starting over with one of the other story lines, or simply playing a different game. There are thousands of OTHER ways to spend your time if this one is not providing enough entertainment. To me, it sounds like someone complaining that the credits at the end of a movie were too boring to sit through. If you want to watch the credits - go for it. If not, nothing's keeping you.

I'm not saying everyone should enjoy the game and enjoy how it ends (I often leave movies or concerts less than happy with how I spent the last few hours), only that if the fun has ended perhaps it's time to move on.

Perhaps in a year, there will be enough new content to bring you back for another dose.