Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its not Early Access days that bother people..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Its not Early Access days that bother people..

Leoxastarth
12.13.2011 , 11:32 AM | #1
I think a lot of people will agree with me on this, its not really about when we get to play thats bothering a lot of people, but more so the fact, everyone logging now is reserving character names, for everyone they have met, from their postman to their freaking grandmothers.

I know there is nothing that can be done about that obviously, such is the way it is, just sucks a lot. But yeah I dont think its when they get to play thats bothering people not in the first day, just more the fact, everyone is saving names as much as they can.

ptwonline
12.13.2011 , 11:35 AM | #2
Reserving names is one issue. The other is that gamers are often very competitive, and others getting a lot of headstart before them is sure to make their blood boil.

The complaining also shows that people are passionate about wanting to play this game. So while annoying, it is a healthy sign. I would be much more concerned if the reaction was "No biggie. I'll get in next week or some day eventually, I guess."

Aowar
12.13.2011 , 11:35 AM | #3
I think the issue more than anything is the not knowing. It was the worst decision ever to not tell people early on what day they would get in. If Bioware had done that the rage would not be nearly as strong as it is right now. With Bioware's way of doing this they have guaranteed rage to take place all week.

Leoxastarth
12.13.2011 , 11:38 AM | #4
True to both of the above, personally its names for me, but yeah I guess competitive leveling is important to some people.

Oh and for the suspense factor...well yes would be better to know...but I admit I kinda like the thrill and excitement feels like an early Christmas hehe, and if all goes well the name I want wont be taken, fingers crossed!