Ideas for making Flashpoints not useless after in columi

The Group Finder daily quest for Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 1.3 gives Black Hole Commendations.

Oh really? Hmmm... Incentivising its use. That's actually a pretty good idea, as I know many people, including myself, prefer not to use one.

Interesting.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

The Group Finder daily quest for Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 1.3 gives Black Hole Commendations.

Dont get me wrong thats great for my my two alts at 50 but my main is gaining black holes fast, my concern is that other than ear and implants which are weird stats by the way i had to buy foestopper and pummerler for my sentinal. The actual gear 1. Doesnt carry a set bonus .. so im not getting any yet im just saving bh comms verses my rakata. 2. Stats also seem a little weird.

3. Currently we are all just waiting for the last boss in story EC to drop campaign. And thats how we are gearing up becuase campaign has a set bonus.

My point is that as motivation we only really need 105 BH commendations which we are getting from EC story mode full run. Its gunna be nice for my new level 50 chars.. as now i never need to do dailys for rakata ear peices :p i just go straight for the BH implants and ear peice on new 50...

Personally i liked the vehical rewards, ive still to do them all and its a nice long term goal.

Just for the record on my low level alts new players tell me all the time for groups for like early on essles.. and i personally dont think players should have to be forced to tell random players at such an early level especially if they are solo players, ie no guild or friends in the game, so i just wanted to mention that group finder is a great idea and much needed regardless of whther people will keep doing flashpoints at end game or not.

Edited by RichyYoung

I actually advise against gearing up your guild fast and carrying them through Operations. There are a lot of players who just stop playing after they get fully geared. There will also be people with little raid awareness that will want to be carried even further through the harder stuff and cause lots of drama.

But honestly what is the point of gearing up as fast as you can? What left is there to do? I personally find enjoyment taking new players through Hardmode flashpoints and showing them the ropes. It actually prepares them and gives them experience in raid awareness to be able to successfully complete EC and future end-game content. Gearing up alts is a different story. There has been times where I went from level 49 blues to full Rakata in a day.

And FPs certainly don't accomplish their goal of getting people geared for Tier 1 raiding. It is much better to actually do the T1 raids to get T1 gear and ignore FPs completley!

So completley agree with the OP - reason for doing HM FPs would be nice :)

This. Back in January when I first hit 50 and was the last of our raid group to do so, we cleared story modes and I got tons of gear. Since then I've done a few HM FPs and do not see the point of running them. The gear isn't worth it, the gear currency isn't worth it, and most of them take too long to run anyway. [sidenote: realizing this made me appreciate even more how warcraft backed off the long dungeons of cataclysm with the twilight dungeons, which were far more compact and quick than the launch dungeons or the Zuls.]

As for HM LI... ouch. We know we aren't top tier players (we've completed HM EV & KP, part of story EC, everyone is in columni+) but all of us have raiding experience and put forth effort to playing well and we haven't been able to finish HM IL yet. Because our players know it will likely take over 2 or 3 hours to get through it they don't even want to start it anymore. None of the earlier FPs will help us gear better for this one either, except maybe HM KUS. /sigh

AND YET AGAIN we have this tiring response to the BW fiasco. He is NOT talking about a game that is 7 years old. He is talking about a company that should have used 7 years of MMO experience in other games and figured out the BASICS of what worked and didn't work and combined them into something fantastic

Seriously - don't call a person with at least a reasonable amount of anger and frustration at BW a noob because they rightly believe that this MMO KILLER as it was announced would have at least taken the time and energy to create a step forward. Anyone who honestly thinks SWTOR has introduced anything novel, unique, or best of breed is dillusional!

I am playing this game and enjoy(ed) playing it but cannot overcome my overwhelming feeling if disapppointment that they simply focused on the wrong things in development and then screwed the operational roll-out so it has a much higher percentage than 50% of being dead in a year than lasting the so called 7 year benchmark.

Plain and simple - it's like the design team completely ignored all the amazing features of other games that could have been incorporated into this game and came out with same-old same-old with a different cover

I feel your pain. This game was made in a cave.

Oh really? Hmmm... Incentivising its use. That's actually a pretty good idea, as I know many people, including myself, prefer not to use one.

Interesting.

Yeah I am really curious on the details of this. Is it that you have to use the tool and join a FPS with randoms? Is it HM FPS? Is it different amount of comma depending on how many you run? Lots of questions on how this will work in practice!

AND YET AGAIN we have this tiring response to the BW fiasco. He is NOT talking about a game that is 7 years old. He is talking about a company that should have used 7 years of MMO experience in other games and figured out the BASICS of what worked and didn't work and combined them into something fantastic

Seriously - don't call a person with at least a reasonable amount of anger and frustration at BW a noob because they rightly believe that this MMO KILLER as it was announced would have at least taken the time and energy to create a step forward. Anyone who honestly thinks SWTOR has introduced anything novel, unique, or best of breed is dillusional!

I am playing this game and enjoy(ed) playing it but cannot overcome my overwhelming feeling if disapppointment that they simply focused on the wrong things in development and then screwed the operational roll-out so it has a much higher percentage than 50% of being dead in a year than lasting the so called 7 year benchmark.

Plain and simple - it's like the design team completely ignored all the amazing features of other games that could have been incorporated into this game and came out with same-old same-old with a different cover

With your logic every game that ever comes out has to be an improvement over the games that came before it. Yet, that's not how the real world works.

Mass Effect 3 for example is one of my favorite games and is nearly perfect in every way. Yet, the ending is a total disaster, and a game ending being good and satisfying is such a basic concept. According to your logic, since there have been many games that have done the "game ending" right in the past, Mass Effect 3 should have done it right too. But it didn't. Yet, it's still a great game and I still love it. People still love it.

Edited by Smashbrother

With your logic every game that ever comes out has to be an improvement over the games that came before it. Yet, that's not how the real world works.

Mass Effect 3 for example is one of my favorite games and is nearly perfect in every way. Yet, the ending is a total disaster, and a game ending being good and satisfying is such a basic concept. According to your logic, since there have been many games that have done the "game ending" right in the past, Mass Effect 3 should have done it right too. But it didn't. Yet, it's still a great game and I still love it. People still love it.

don't talk about logic if you have none. A game ending has to do with creative content and not game mechanics which I am talking about. And yes, every game MUST improve on game mechanics or it is nothing but the same game with a different facade. I actually think SWTOR has some briliant creative content - too bad there is no way to enjoy it with people on ghost worlds. Which makes me wonder even more how they could have screwed up end game armour so badly given the rest of the masterwork creative elements

Blackhole commendations are going to be obsolete for many people that have been raiding in 1.2. Why not add something else? A low chance to get an awesome speeder/mount as a reward. A special color crystal that ONLY has a chance to be awarded for completing the random LFG? A special social gear set, whose pieces have a low chance to drop through the LFG as a reward?

Im thinking back to WoW and how they had to offer something extra in their LFG (mounts, pets, gems).

The actual gear 1. Doesnt carry a set bonus .. so im not getting any yet im just saving bh comms verses my rakata.

The fact that the BH armoring DOESN'T carry a set bonus just means you can move the armoring and mods into your existing shell (Rakata, Columi OR Tionese!) and still keep the same set bonus. While it's true that right now, you can't get an augment slot with that route, we've been promised that 1.3 will add augment kits that will fix that. So, as long as you don't hate the look of your existing armor, it makes no sense to ignore BH, which in any case tends to have slightly better stats....

AYFKM? What's the point of rakata gear and HM EV and KP then if you can farm flashpoints in tinose/columi gear to get BH comms. Maybe make Nightmare modes of the flashpoints with BH comms not just give away the commendations to gear everyone up to q61 in less then 2 weeks... VERY, VERY BAD idea.

Yuck.

Why is it that Devs insist on incentivizing the least fun parts of their game instead of improving the experience?

Its still a PUG. Saying you must put up with a pug once a day to gain the best rate of gear acquisition doesn't make pugs better, it just makes people who have guilds/friends/social skills annoyed that they have a new hoop to jump through doing an activity they went to a lot of trouble to NOT have to put up with.

Please tell me I can grab 3 guildies, group up, and somehow trigger this reward?

AYFKM? What's the point of rakata gear and HM EV and KP then if you can farm flashpoints in tinose/columi gear to get BH comms. Maybe make Nightmare modes of the flashpoints with BH comms not just give away the commendations to gear everyone up to q61 in less then 2 weeks... VERY, VERY BAD idea.

Less than 2 weeks? You're just pulling stuff out of your...

They didn't even say how many BH Comms you get. For all you know it's only a couple a week, which would still take you forever to get a set of BH gear. Stop freaking out.

Less than 2 weeks? You're just pulling stuff out of your...

They didn't even say how many BH Comms you get. For all you know it's only a couple a week, which would still take you forever to get a set of BH gear. Stop freaking out.

If you look at the video, here currently you get 5 BH Comms per Daily. There a three dailys

1) T1 HM Flashpoints

2) T2 HM Flashpoint (Lost Island)

3) Storymode OPs

Thats a max of 75 per week if you do 2 FPs per day and 3 OPs per Week (lockout?)

1. Make a weekly that requires you to do all of the hm fps and have the reward be a vanity pet, or black hole coms, or rakata token, something. It can change each week too, just to make it interesting, and to keep people doing them constantly. (submitted by Arius) There is a weekly quest for completing Kaon Under Siege HM and Lost Island HM (The latter drops a Rakata Chest Piece) that rewards Black Hole Comms. Doing Dailies rewards daily comms which can be used to buy your campaign relics, as well as Rakata Implants and earpiece. In addition to the Corellia weekly, which also rewards black hole comms. I've acquired the majority of my set of Black Hole gear this way. As well as looting chests/bosses in EC Story Mode.

Further, running the flashpoints can still be beneficial, as you can collect columi gear/tokens to gear out your companions appropriately as well.

1. BH gear (MK1) that can be bought isn't that good compared with rakata gear. The only real nice BH gear (MK 2-???) are drops from EC.

2. How people would use the random SM ops function? In a guild this is out of the question because of lockouts.

3. Not everyone is in a guild, or one that does HM EV / KP (let alone EC SM/HM)

4. You get 5 comms per day for Tier 1 HM FP. For lost Island you still need good gear to clear it. That means players will get 35 comms per week extra. I'm in a guild that has only cleared EV HM 5/5. They only way we get blackhole comms is the Weekly at Correlia.

Give us a break man. At the current rate we need more then 1,5 years to get in full BH gear ......

Now we only need 6,5 week (Lost island including). And then we must walk them every single day. If you can 'only' play 4 days a week its still 10 weeks.

This way dedicated players have a decent chance to also get new gear when they gear up other players / guildies in the meantime.