General Ortol glitch?

anybody else get odd glitches from General Ortol in the Cademimu flashpoint (republic)

the strategy was basic, run away from the rockets that are launching fires, but we would catch on fire BEFORE the match started in the hallway, and also we would randomly insta died when we were in the one quadrant that didn't have any fire in it

after about 4 times we got it, but that was a LOT of wasted gear when we were using the correct strategy, the only reason we finally got it was because it no longer glitched. Any idea why this is? Or has anybody else experienced it

Had the burning to death in safe quadrant just now as well, incredibly frustrating. To be precise it seems that if you START taking damage under one rocket and run out it takes upwards 5-10seconds after you run OUT for the game to actually realize this... stood near middle in one quadrant, rocket above me ignited and I was ~2m from the wall in the safe quadrant when I died from the fire stacks which had kept stacking the entire time.

Also, what the hell is up with the graphics for the rockets igniting / fire? It looks like they're glitched and stuck on far distance render. I know MMOs have to make some concessions but please tell me those low res eyesores are not the real thing.

I had this problem. Our group came up with a rather unique solution.

Since he bugs out an goes through the door . 1) Shout "Leeeeeeroy!" 2) Sacrifice a DPS 3) The remaining 3 are in the hallway and just tank and spank. 4) high tail it across the room cause it'll still be on fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It was fixed so that you can no longer pull General Ortol out of his room. The glitch where you immediately catch fire and die sometimes before even starting the fight was not fixed. Just wasted an hour in this FP before having to give up on this boss.

Also it takes a percentage of your health, so when it glitches a high level friend can't even help you. very annoying.

• 2 months later...

As of April 23, 2012, this bug is back. Probably was patched back in with the crapload of old code that got included in 1.2

Tried 3 times. All three times, we were in 'safe' quadrant and got toasted. The last time, there was not even any fire graphic; everyone just fell down dead. (My ping in the low 100s, so not lag)

There are so few instances in this game, it really sucks that one of them has been broken for so, so long.

Bioware develpers should be ashamed of themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to also point out that this is still happening. So far I have tried running this 4 times over the past week.

First time - He'd have fire on 3 quadrants and call on the fire again before the others had stopped firing = party wipe. This happened multiple times until eventually we reset the instance.

Second time - Reset instance, worked without any issue.

Third time - Same as the first time, except when we ran back after resurrecting, this time we would burn before the boss encounter even started. If we attempted to enter the room from the corridor we would just start burning and die. Gave up after a few tries.

Fourth time - Same as the first time except this time there was an attempt where during the fight we started burning without even seeing any steams or flame. Gave up after a few tries.

Pretty frustrating...

Ran across multiple bugs the other night while running my girlfriend's alt through the flashpoint. I ended up letting her die, and healing myself through the fire as a lvl 50 operative, while my pet (vector) dps the boss down. The major bug we ran across was us burning to invisible fire at the start of the fight.

On a sidenote, you can not pull him through the door anymore, he resets :/

SOLUTION to 4 fires or invisible fires:

If you're experiencing 4 fires or invisible fires then you are doing too much dps. The fires are tied in with the boss's HP.

To solve this slow your dps. If a fire has been summon, don't keep zerging him or you're just asking to be fried by subsequent fires. You can even halt dps to prevent fires from appearing.

To test the dps theory you can aggro the boss and simply run around his room. If you do no damage he will call no fires.

I believe the invisible fires are a result of the animation lag. The extra fires (resulting from too much dps) cause the fires to appear before the fires can even animate due to a queuing effect for the fires on each rocket.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for the help. This works really well. Get him down 10% dps. Stop all dps, let the rockets ignite. get him down until he says his next message. Move to the new location (1 out of the 4 will be okay) and wait for the rockets to ignite. Rinse/repeat. Was able to do him just fine as soon as I did the above tactic.

But I couldn't have figured that out without all of the ideas presented in this thread. Thank you so much for helping figure it out.

Edited by siegeshot

Greetings everyone!

There is currently a patch note in the Public Test Forum in the Game Update 1.3 patch notes regarding General Ortol:

Cademimu

• General Ortol no longer fires rockets faster than once every 15 seconds.

Please note that these patch notes are subject to change. As a reminder, testing on the Public Test Server is free and we would welcome anyone who wants to!

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile: