Uneven WZs

Zekeiele

Did bioware adress this issue or not? Started a few WZ short today 4/5 Vs 8...obviously ending in losses basically the WZ is over if you are short more than a minute or so..very frustrating.

I remember reading about a fix just not sure if it was put in yet..if it was its not functioning properly from my experience today.

This issue has been found by some to be related to people joining for the warzone but refusing to join, usually because they are either in an operation/flashpoint or they go AFK after finishing the last warzone and were reentered by default.

This issue has been found by some to be related to people joining for the warzone but refusing to join, usually because they are either in an operation/flashpoint or they go AFK after finishing the last warzone and were reentered by default.

Ahhh thanks KP I guess it's just going to happen sometimes...that stinks but o well.

Ahhh thanks KP I guess it's just going to happen sometimes...that stinks but o well.

It is going to happen because of bad game design. Other games have solved this. There are several solutions:

1. The wz doesn't start before enough have accepted. Enough = same number on both sides. If there isn't enough people you are placed back in front of the queue
  2. Reduce the time you have to accept. 15-20 sec should be enough. This will not solve the uneven teams though but will give more time to have the teams even out
  3. Reset the initial-timer in the wz if the teams aren't even. I know there might be cases where you have to wait too long, but then shut down the wz again and place people in front of the queue again.

Edited by valleee

The reason for this is quite simple. It all comes down to not having 8man queues. The better organized PVP guilds will queued up with 2 groups of 4 until they both get the pop. If one group pops, but the other one doesn't, everyone drops queue and requeue. The group that got the pop , obviously, will miss 4 players because they don't join.

It all comes down to not having 8 man premades.

The reason for this is quite simple. It all comes down to not having 8man queues. The better organized PVP guilds will queued up with 2 groups of 4 until they both get the pop. If one group pops, but the other one doesn't, everyone drops queue and requeue. The group that got the pop , obviously, will miss 4 players because they don't join.

It all comes down to not having 8 man premades.

What a piece of bull****... got nothing to do with 8-man queues. The problem would still be there. I bet you that not a lot of people are doing what you are saying... yes there might be cases where this happens, but it is rarely compared to just solo players signing up.

It is a feature!

They changed the whole system, so loopsided 1 vs 8 warzones never ever close before the imps take the win home.

It is a feature to help repopulate the imperial side of the game, because on some servers the numerical advantage in favor of the empire slowly slipped towards less then four to one.

PS. Seriously it is a 1.2 "feature"! Most people thought they did it on the PTS only to test point gaining prior to the rated warzones. But they realy kept it in the game.

It is a feature!

They changed the whole system, so loopsided 1 vs 8 warzones never ever close before the imps take the win home.

It is a feature to help repopulate the imperial side of the game, because on some servers the numerical advantage in favor of the empire slowly slipped towards less then four to one.

PS. Seriously it is a 1.2 "feature"! Most people thought they did it on the PTS only to test point gaining prior to the rated warzones. But they realy kept it in the game.

I am sorry but your claim is hard to believe, is there any proof of this?

I am sorry but your claim is hard to believe, is there any proof of this?

1.2 patchnotes

"Warzones will no longer shutdown early due to population imbalance."

It was like three patches ago...

Edited by Karenai

1.2 patchnotes

"Warzones will no longer shutdown early due to population imbalance."

It was like three patches ago...

Well that is annoying, missed those notes. Hope this fix this, at least before you didnt have to wait a full game that you knew you were gonna loose anyways. Hope they fix this.

Yes but they clearly stated they were going to fix it as it was never meant to be a 1 vs 8 situation.

I was in a match today 2 vs 8... guess how that went?

You owned those 8 imps?

They also said it was a temporary thing to test rated warzones on the PTS and it got into live, with patchnotes stating it blatantly! There is no OOPS! sorry did not mean to do that, if you put it into the patchnotes...

That is just lying or internal miscommunication (I guess a lot of the last one is going around).

It goes like that: Someone decides "lets not close warzones if there are not enough reps, so the imps, our most beloved customers get their pvp daily quest".

Then the guys handling PR and the community go: Oh, what? This can't be right. Sorry guys this was made by mistake, we will correct it asap.

The guys actually in charge of the changes: "I am not going to change that, my marauder needs his daily."

PR guy: We are aware of the issue and working on a fix. But those things are not easy to change.

PS. Yes they are, it is a simple I O either enable it or disable it. It was ingame, so you do not even have to write something new.

Remember Ilum, remember the rollback to valor. Yeah, right, there never was any.

It is a feature!

They now shut down if one side has 2 or less and there is a 30 second timer.