Looking for a Jedi Class to play

derandsclass

Hello, I've been playing on Empire for months and wanted to try things on the Republic side. I was wondering if you folks could offer some advice, spoiler free, based on the following issues:

which has the better story - Knight, or Consular

which has the better female voice acting?

how much impact does dark/light choice have.

I already tried trooper a bit, and loved Jennifer Hale's voice acting as much as Jo Wyatt's agent. I'm looking here for advice on a lightsaber-y class.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by derandsclass

I can't speak directly for the Consular story, but I have heard it is choppy and disjointed.

The Knight story is great, I personally really enjoy it. It's got prophecy, intrigue, fights against great evil, falls and redemption, planet destroying superweapons, and a warbling astromech droid. The female voice acting for the Knight is great but it can be a bit repetitive to hear "I am a Jedi, I live to serve" and its variants after a while. I play a "gray" Jedi instead of leaning too hard towards Light or Dark choices and I really like how the Knight story compliments such an approach. The Light choices are selfless and noble and the Dark choices are selfish and typically psychotic.

My only complaint about playing a female Knight is that Doc (the romance option) is a total creepster.

I have a level 41 Consular. She's not quite finished Chapter 2 of her story so I can't say how the whole thing plays out, but I've enjoyed it so far. It can seem a little disjointed at times, and it's not one of the more action-packed story lines. A consular is basically a diplomat, and your story plays out in such a way. If you like romancing a companion, you should know that the JC gets their romance options dead last, but again it sort of fits if you are playing a by the book sort of Jedi.