Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too easy, boring.

Jadescythe
05.28.2019 , 12:35 PM | #31
The vanilla story content isn't intended to be difficult. It's intended to be accessible to the population at large. You can make it harder on your own by dismissing your companion and using lower level gear if you want a challenge. It would be nice if all content could have difficulty scaling, but I'd much prefer the base content be too easy so we don't restrict who can participate than too hard. It's for the story after all, right?
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

OlBuzzard
05.28.2019 , 12:51 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
The vanilla story content isn't intended to be difficult. It's intended to be accessible to the population at large. You can make it harder on your own by dismissing your companion and using lower level gear if you want a challenge. It would be nice if all content could have difficulty scaling, but I'd much prefer the base content be too easy so we don't restrict who can participate than too hard. It's for the story after all, right?
I think most would agree with this... Just saying for those who insist that everyevent must be a cliff hanging .. death in a second if you screw up just once .. then allow them that sort of game play.. add the other options ! IMO ... that's fair.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Batwer
05.28.2019 , 01:19 PM | #33
There are still people who can not make the story mode of KOTFE + KOTET...... *cough*
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Damask_Rose
05.28.2019 , 03:00 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
When I felt like I needed a challenge back in the old days, I would solo FPs, there's nothing "counter intuitive" about that.
That's not the counter-intuitive part. Soloing group content has always been a popular way for solo players to challenge themselves. That's a normal part of solo progression industry wide. The part where you try to improve your gear and your skills to do more challenging content.

The counter-intuitive part is that new players in this game are advised to avoid upgrading their gear, put their companion on passive and don't do any side content. It is the exact opposite of what players normally expect to do when they play a game. Telling new players that if they stick around long enough to get to end-game they will finally find some mobs that don't die in two hits isn't a great retention strategy.

robertthebard
05.28.2019 , 03:07 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
That's not the counter-intuitive part. Soloing group content has always been a popular way for solo players to challenge themselves. That's a normal part of solo progression industry wide. The part where you try to improve your gear and your skills to do more challenging content.

The counter-intuitive part is that new players in this game are advised to avoid upgrading their gear, put their companion on passive and don't do any side content. It is the exact opposite of what players normally expect to do when they play a game. Telling new players that if they stick around long enough to get to end-game they will finally find some mobs that don't die in two hits isn't a great retention strategy.
It's available today, if one wants to do it, although it will require actually walking up to the FPs.

Are we discussing new players? Is the OP a new player, because frankly, I have no idea. I'm not down with the "strip and run it naked" stuff, never have been, but there are so many things one can do short of that to challenge themselves that I'm at a loss as to how they think it isn't here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

ImmortalLowlife
05.28.2019 , 06:20 PM | #36
There's also the fact that older players have many bonus legacy buffs newer players won't have yet. There's buffs for completing all class stories, holocrons, etc. I've helped lots of new players clear story missions.... especially on Alderaan and Corellia. And these were players who were the appropriate lvl and geared.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Seterade
05.28.2019 , 06:48 PM | #37
this sums it up 100%. you dont really have anyone to blame for it being easy but yourself. I am 100% positive if you try to do story naked with legacy punchs and passive companion you will die.

the future of gaming is options. not linear paths.

DarthElation
05.28.2019 , 07:36 PM | #38
Hold up a sec. The solo story content was way more challenging from 1.0 until a few expansions in. You'd have people asking for help from other players to finish certain fights. Initially, the content WAS intended to be difficult/challenging or what have you. The point that's not being grasped here is that content is so easy it's boring, which ultimately isn't going to motivate ANY replay value. Another issue adding to the pile of why the population has been in decline over the years. I've personally had friends quit right off the bat and not give the game a chance due to content being an absolute pushover. It really sets a bad tone. Makes experienced gamers feel like this thing was made for a 6 year old to play.
Perceptive <Sinister> 55 Marauder, Bastion

DarthElation
05.28.2019 , 07:43 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post

Agreed.
Perceptive <Sinister> 55 Marauder, Bastion

TrixxieTriss
05.28.2019 , 09:29 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Try soloing the Ossus H4. It's fun.
Once you figure out a tactic, it’s very easy and becomes boring fast.