Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too easy, boring.

LindseyNoal
05.28.2019 , 01:43 AM | #21
You are aware of the difficulty toggle in the game, right?

aeterno
05.28.2019 , 02:49 AM | #22
Buffing up mobs doesn't make the game harder it just makes the leveling and grinding dailies more tedious. Oricon pre nerf had pretty much everything op desires plus a bunch of cc on the mobs that were placed so it was an artform to skirt around without pulling or better said getting pulled. Didn't make that place hard, just tedious as heck.

Templock
05.28.2019 , 03:06 AM | #23
I've got Master difficulty on but doesn't seem to make any difference.

So I'm overpowered from just playing the game and I have to make a conscious effort to undergear and skip content just to stay on the level? That sounds kinda dumb.

Templock
05.28.2019 , 03:12 AM | #24
So what's your definition of hard then?

My definition is efficiently fighting against mobs that can actually kill you if you pull too many or make a mistake.

Elessara
05.28.2019 , 05:25 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
I've got Master difficulty on but doesn't seem to make any difference.

So I'm overpowered from just playing the game and I have to make a conscious effort to undergear and skip content just to stay on the level? That sounds kinda dumb.
That difficulty setting only affects the KotFE/KotET chapters (if you weren't already aware). Also, have you tried soloing master mode flashpoints?

Edit to add: Personally I prefer not having to slog through everything. I'm here for the (slow drips of) story not whatever subjective definition of "challenge" someone else has.

Costello
05.28.2019 , 05:52 AM | #26
Perhaps one difficulty with balancing the game is the requirement to have a grind attached to every piece of new content.

Even if you accept one grind can be purely rep based with cosmetic items, it seems that they add a flashpoint new augment level grind, new daily area 2 new tiers of gear; as they constantly have get an hour of new content to fill the 5 month gap between the next minimal update.

Which means that content balanced for gear 3 or 4 updates ago is going to be easy and possibly boring because despite being able to run through all the content added in the last 4 updates in a couple of hours in reality its seen maybe 3 tiers of improved gear since the first of those updates came out.

And that is of course suggesting there is any attempt to make content balanced or challenging. Most people turn their companion to pocket healer and you have a steam of healing constantly going to your character keeping you on 100% health. One way to make it more challenging would be to put your companion away but would it make it more fun, I'm not so sure probably just more grindy and given that grinding is design plan for the game it doesn't need any help there.

Equeliber
05.28.2019 , 06:49 AM | #27
The original story isn't instanced like KOTFE and KOTET are, so the devs can't make a difficulty toggle for the same reason they can't make original stories replayable as KOTFE and KOTET are.

Anyway, why are you searching for difficulty in story mode quests? They are played for story, not for challenge.

There is plenty of challenge in this game as in any MMO. Do HM/Nim ops and ranked PvP and come back here. We'll see if that's "too easy, boring" for you.

And if you want hard content purely solo, you can always create it yourself. Complete a master flashpoint with no group, only your companion. Play KOTFE and KOTET master chapters (those are total hell). Even in vanilla story content, turn off your companion and unequip gear, it will be quite a bit more challenging in some cases.

TrixxieTriss
05.28.2019 , 07:23 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LindseyNoal View Post
You are aware of the difficulty toggle in the game, right?
That doesn’t work in the Vanilla part of the game.

OlBuzzard
05.28.2019 , 09:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That doesn’t work in the Vanilla part of the game.
Perhaps it's time to have a toggle for the same 3 choices. Just a thought. Then again "better players" are going to demand " better stuff" because they are in fact "better"

IMO: Have the additional choices available for "vanilla" .. that AFTER end game would open up a "level of matched difficulty" in a repeatable, longer lasting, hard hitting, area .. instance .. raid ... OP or whatever it might be called... Just for those who qualify. And yes .... a rare drop at the end for reward.

IMO: That might help for some. But there is always the chance that someone would complain about that too ! Just the same... it should be something that is not only looked into but put into place and see how well it works. IF BW aims at "nothing" they can expect to hit it EVERYTIME.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Rion_Starkiller
05.28.2019 , 11:04 AM | #30
Try soloing the Ossus H4. It's fun.
-Beruhl, Pre-Complainer-in-Chief
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.