The Rock Talks Star Wars

Selorian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if he's sort of used like Samuel L in the prequels. Being one of the Jedi Council members that does most of the screen time talking in chambers. And gets a couple of action scenes but not the "main guy". And he rarely does roles where he's not the "main guy" so don't see it happening.

Actually, I could see Dwayne Johnson as Jedi Master Qu Rahn, which means we could be dealing with the Katarn Trilogy. Why not?

lol i actually i can't see him being a jedi or sith a mandolorian or trooper sure but i just can't picture him as a jedi/sith

The Rock as Mand'alor the Mighty.

Calling it.

That actually could work. Have him be a Mandalorian, maybe even Mandalore himself. I'd go for that.

Actually, I could see Dwayne Johnson as Jedi Master Qu Rahn, which means we could be dealing with the Katarn Trilogy. Why not?

Well they said it is an original treatment. No EU storylines will be considered. They may take some characters and cement them into the canon, but I doubt it. Mara Jade is the strongest maybe, but that is still a long shot. I would say 10% or less. J.J. may not be as hostile toward the EU as George is, but George will still have a powerful influence over the direction of the story.

This makes me both laugh and cry. Laugh because people hate on Hayden Christensen and yet think 'the Rock' is good for Star Wars. And cry because they think 'the Rock' is good for Star Wars.

As you can imagine,

would be my response to him being confirmed. Edited by Beniboybling

This makes me both laugh and cry. Laugh because people hate on Hayden Christensen and yet think 'the Rock' is good for Star Wars. And cry because they think 'the Rock' is good for Star Wars.

As you can imagine,

would be my response to him being confirmed.

I agree i'm one of the few ppl that liked hayden christensen but i don't like most of the rock's movies i mean if he is gonna be in star wars the only way i see it not ruining the movies is a trooper

I agree i'm one of the few ppl that liked hayden christensen but i don't like most of the rock's movies i mean if he is gonna be in star wars the only way i see it not ruining the movies is a trooper
TBH I think people just go with the crowd. Everyone likes to jump on the 'Hate Hayden' bandwagon and love to jump on the 'the Rock is awesome! etc.' bandwagon - usually disregarding their actual abilities.

TBH I think people just go with the crowd. Everyone likes to jump on the 'Hate Hayden' bandwagon and love to jump on the 'the Rock is awesome! etc.' bandwagon - usually disregarding their actual abilities.

They both suck. Granted I haven't seen Hayden in anything other then SW, and well, pretty much everyones performance sucks in the PT so maybe its more a directorial thing, but going by what I've seen, he sucks.

It may be a kids movie, but has anyone seen "Planet 51"? Voice acting is harder than live acting, and Dwayne does a great job at it. Sure, many of Dwayne's movies have flopped, but those movies would have flopped no matter who was in that role. They were just bad movies. Give the guy a break. Playing a Mandalorian, or even Madalore himself would be a nice little nitch role for him. Almost like Patrick Stewart playing Professor X, it's perfect for him.

As you can imagine,

would be my response to him being confirmed.

I agree Rock is an actor, of B movies. he should stick with them, at least i cant see him in any major star wars role.

But hey Manu Beneth ( Crixus) from spartacus played Azog in the Hobbit so it wouldnt be suprising to see the rock in star wars.

Just for the record manu benneth would better then the rock. Just saying.

Edited by Spartanik

I don't hate hayden. I just don't think he gave the best performance he could in II or III. watch the movie Takers. watch hayden's acting in that movie.

Why couldn't of he brought that kind of level of acting to eps II and III. They would of been better if he could of brought that kind of level of acting to the SW movies.

The prequels made Natalie Portman look not so good. Can't judge Hayden's ability. It is funny that there isn't a 5-min interval in all of the movies where I didn't wish the "main character" would die.

DJ would make an awesome addition to a new Star Wars series.

Portman was great in the films, Hayden should never have been chosen. It wasnt that he didnt play the part of a spoiled brat, he played the part of a spoiled brat while showing almost 0 acting skill at all. His emotions werent believeable and the motivation written into the script left him no room to be believeable in either ep 2 or 3.