Healers Need an Ego Nerf

MindgameZ

Just writing this thread because im really tired of healers in Ops , FP And mainly warzones thinking they are the backbone of the team. Every time i enter a warzone with a decent healer they always are giving the tank beef about not doing amazing DPS. I was in a warzone today and i was in full tanking gear on my shadow tank and all during the match im following the healer throwing taunts on CD and other things tanks should be doing. Durning the end of the match the healer pms me saying that i was just a drag to the team because my DPS was in the 200k range.

This healer tells me that he kept ME alive during the entire match and that all i did was follow him around waiting for heals when i should have been dpsing.... Yet isn't this what a tank is supposed to do? At one point in the match i took a 100k damage spike from 4 sents and 2 snipers from the healer via guard. I had to pop every defencive ability i had as i was also getting shot at ( resilience , harnessed shadows , DoT heals , wz medpack , adrenals , ect) Everything... well i end up dying but taking 100k damage in a 10 second burst and the healer barely makes it out while i die... Yet im getting blamed for being a bad tank for not being able to stand up to that? even with taunts that's impossible.

Healers need to understand that they are very helpful , but still are not the leaders and have no right to be so arrogant.... I think watchmen healing got a nerf for a reason...

Sounds like you encountered a douchebag that would still be a douchebag whatever role he played. If I always had a tank and/or peels when playing on my healers I would probably double or triple my heal output. My MVP always goes to the guy trying to peel dps away from me.

I'm a healer, and I can assure you most healers arnt like that. While we do help keep our team alive, winning WZ is a team effort, and as such, requires tanks, dps, and healers to win. you were just unlucky enough to encounter a healer who felt he was better than everyone else because he heals Edited by Haldeross

You had a bad run in with a player.

Unfortunatly Healers are absolutly vital to a team and 2 fold an Ops.

Ops=not happening with healers.

PvP= its possible to win without them, but you better hope the other team hit like wet noodles, i have been in several games that started out close thinking it would be a good match, only to find myself waiting to respawn in voidstar with my entire team.

Healers are needed for PvP, flip side to that coin is that if a team stacks too many healers you wont have the dps to drop anyone.

You had a bad run in with a player.

Healers are needed for PvP, flip side to that coin is that if a team stacks too many healers you wont have the dps to drop anyone.

Been in a civil war wz recently with 5 healers. Nobody was killing anybody, 'cause of too many healers and too little dps on our side. We fought in the middle for the whole match(1-2 deaths for the whole team), we won when the opponents gave up in frustration.

Some of them inherently act like douche-bags, but most of them just get frustrated because nobody protects them while they heal the group.

Yeah like above poster said, you met one healer who happened to be an arse. I bet you he's just an arse who just happened to be a healer. If he was playing any other toon/role in any other match he would have probably said the same crap to you. There's just some people that are like that. That said, I have run across healers who think they are gods of pvp, but like I said it's just that's how they are as a person. I've also run across many dps'ers who think they are "carrying the team" and keep saying that in ops chat before they rage quit "I'm tired of carrying you noobs, have fun losers!" /ragequit. It's always a LOL moment. That's just how some people are in MMO's.

Well, it depends. Healer does not get protection all game, dishes out 600 hps, while the highest dps is in the team is in the 300's, I see why he is complaining.

I am not pointing this to the OP, tank helping healer is greatly appreciated. And no, most tanks main objective is NOT to deal damage, but protect allies. Its when a healed dps that has died 1-2 times, in WZ, dishes only 300 dps its a problem.

Edited by Ottoattack

Maybe some healers are that way. There are always a few bad apples, but most healers enjoy the support role which implies team work. I find I get more 'tude from the Rambo go-it-alone types who never look behind their shoulder for their healers -- never mind giving peals -- who constantly break line of sight in the middle of heals, and replace what they lack in situational awareness with target fixation. ;)

I'm sorry that healer was a dick. I play almost exclusively healer classes and if anything I kiss the floor my tank walks on. Tank is just as important as healers. I give my mvp to good tanks over good heals. Don't ever want them to stop rolling. xD

I'm in no way, shape, or form trying to justify the behavior, but it is sort of understandable to me. When I heal, it's not at all uncommon for me to get whispers after warzones, thanking me for the heals, telling me I did an incredible job, and so on. Not that I don't appreciate the flattery, but it's always struck me as weird; I don't get whispers like that when I tank or dps, just when I heal, and I think that's probably pretty common. Everyone apparently wants a pocket healer. Not hard to see why some people might develop a complex about it.

We have arrogant healers on my server too. (Like one who sees imaginary people when in reality they were killed solo :p) Probably everywhere. That's why I play watchman, I don't like to rely on others to keep me alive. When I do have a good healer who wants to group with me though, I'll usually switch to one of the burstier specs. :p

In your case clearly the healer doesn't understand that a tanks job isn't to do damage, but keep the healer alive. Your healer had it in reverse. Especially if you were in full tank gear, there's no way your dps is going to be good. You throw taunts and annoy other players/peel. We have tanks on our server who like to think they are dps, and they lose matches for us. I'd rather have a player like you who knew his role. :)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I play a healer and Im never like at all Im sorry you encoutered a healer with such a bad attitude a WZ "TEAM" wins with a team effort tank heals and dps I wish I was able to heal as much as DPS was able to dish out as I was pre 1.2 but with 11% less boost to heals for an unknown reason (balanceing apparently) hmmph #*#!*! Im able to barely heal 5k max when I can be hit for 5-7k most of the time (is that balanced damage vs heals) And im fully WH geared Sawbones.

I'm in no way, shape, or form trying to justify the behavior, but it is sort of understandable to me. When I heal, it's not at all uncommon for me to get whispers after warzones, thanking me for the heals, telling me I did an incredible job, and so on. Not that I don't appreciate the flattery, but it's always struck me as weird; I don't get whispers like that when I tank or dps, just when I heal, and I think that's probably pretty common. Everyone apparently wants a pocket healer. Not hard to see why some people might develop a complex about it.

That is Because with out healers the other players would not get kills or most likely win the match at all but we still have to endure a 11% NERF with the expertise boost diference between damage vs heals I dont care about the damage reduction couldnt care less DAMAGE and HEALS deserve to be equal boosts or just delete expertise all together cause it isnt fair that a DPS can out damage heals bye as much as they are (full WH gear) 5k heals VS 5-7k damage

People who judge only off of healing and damage output are morons. If the player is using their CC or even cleansing for example, they're going to be dumping 1 of 5 globals (at least) doing things that don't even show up on the scoreboard. I wouldn't worry about it heh. Tanking is probably the most important and hardest thing in this game.

Healing is easy (in a sense that it has a low skill cap to be effective). Tanking has to multi target constantly for taunts and CC which is a nightmare with this targetting system, not to mention target their teammates to switch guard and intercede. A healer can stare at health bars, stand in the open with guard on, have no real awareness of what is going on and still pull high healing numbers.