Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should Bioware revert to the old game mechanics?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Should Bioware revert to the old game mechanics?

SteveTheCynic
08.04.2020 , 06:31 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
Everything that Steve mentioned, unlocking taxis, quick access points etc remained a thing until 4.0 I believe. So 2.0 era would still have all that crap to deal with.
Ability training costs (including speeder piloting) disappeared after *everyone* squawked about the eyewatering cost of training abilities from level 55 to 60 when 3.0 was released.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Kaigeos
08.07.2020 , 06:35 PM | #22
It's just me, but I'm happy with the current state of the game. the only change I would like to see is get rid of the personal phases. it's an MMO not a single player game. Class and Story phases are enough.
Use my referral link to get 7 Free Days Subscription and stuff.
Living Force (guild)
There is Freedom in Life, there is Purpose in Death, the Force is all things and I am the Force

MadDutchman
08.07.2020 , 08:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaigeos View Post
It's just me, but I'm happy with the current state of the game. the only change I would like to see is get rid of the personal phases. it's an MMO not a single player game. Class and Story phases are enough.
And have a couple dozen people fighting for heroic objectives? No thanks

If anything, I'd like more zones phased off. It gets tiresome, especially on earlier planets, to start a fight with a group of mobs only to have 1 or 2 people jump in, despite there being no story reason for them to actually be there
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Darkrebellord
08.08.2020 , 11:57 PM | #24
The old Mechanic of the game was totally boring for me no real storyline that interested me and this nonsense of just fighting the same enemies over and over constant boring dailies and tear me up,

if we go back to 2011 or even 2013 i pulling my subscription they were the pit days of cheaters.

i want new storyline with the likes of the Knights of fall empire it had a storyline and different interaction with other villians,

the only thing i miss about the old mechanic is being able to solo the world bosses to Voss.

I think it be better if they made the new storyline so people are able to group up with friends or guild to completed.

Like it should have been for Knight of the fallen empire should have had option complete in Solo, or group team with different players 2, 3, 4 or in operation team of 8 or 16 or option for guild team of 3 to 100 going through with the level of hardness changed depend on the group numbers the reward then should have been based on level of interaction.

The conquest weekly system point need to change as you complete that in 20 minutes on some days it should be based on daily rewards system and the weekly reward being for the guild itself.

the rewards also need to be more appealing not just the same decorations, it should be mixture totally random and based on the number of conquest you complete not the reachable point system which should be for the weekly guild reward.

As for guilds i have not be in a real guild for 2 years now i just created my own for my own credits cause i got sick of the rules around stupid religion, talking politics and whinging guild leaders whom wanted me to drop everything just to do a guild event that i only got invited into near the end of the operation.

Also got sick of seeing my friends kicked from the guild events because friend of the guild leader want his mate in the event, too seeing everyone ignore my friend went he asked for help.

So i gave up on guilds which i can not see the point in if they are restrictive or being idoits.

Also can not stand this swoop rally event to me it not set up right and its design around mates not for everyone.

Kaigeos
08.13.2020 , 09:10 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
And have a couple dozen people fighting for heroic objectives? No thanks

If anything, I'd like more zones phased off. It gets tiresome, especially on earlier planets, to start a fight with a group of mobs only to have 1 or 2 people jump in, despite there being no story reason for them to actually be there
Fair point on the heroics, I think all of those should have it's own phase.like Class and Story. that's however not what I was talking about. it's the personal phases that are used from Rishi forward. where if you can share the instance at all with your group mate, that they can't get credit for it, even when they have the very same quest.
Use my referral link to get 7 Free Days Subscription and stuff.
Living Force (guild)
There is Freedom in Life, there is Purpose in Death, the Force is all things and I am the Force

SteveTheCynic
08.13.2020 , 11:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaigeos View Post
Fair point on the heroics, I think all of those should have it's own phase.like Class and Story.
There are numerous heroics where that wouldn't be feasible. Some examples (not an exhaustive list):
* Ord Mantell. Where exactly do you put the phase wall? What do you hang it on? How do you deal with the fact that the "blow the towers" one has a bonus to kill mobs that are in a main questing area off the island?
* Pub Balmorra. Where is the phase wall for the ones that just involve slaughtering Colicoids outside?
* Dromund Kaas. The one where you grab explosives from Demolitionists and blow up shuttles... Where do you put the phase wall? (Note that Inquisitors must pass through that area for a class mission.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

mefit
08.13.2020 , 05:23 PM | #27
Without a doubt

Team play
Tank healer Dps

Would be so great to return to those days
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self