Guide: Black Talon Vette Affection (DS)

So this is just a short little map out of the chat options if you want to gain max affection with Vette. You would just do Black Talon over and over using the following chat options. (not in a group, did this once I could easily solo BT)

Lt Sylas:

This is my welcome?

You're very lucky...

Third Option does not matter

NR-02:

Why should I?

Well, aren't you ugly?

#3 does not matter

NOT I'll do that

Imperial Lietenant:

For your sake, stand aside!

I'll move.

NR-02/Captain Orzik (Bridge):

We need to aid the wounded.

Very Admirable.

lets put this beind us

you're relieved ( DS )

NOT the pods had soldiers, idiot.

pathethicly easy

NR-02/Lt Sylas

im talented

yes,and?

You honor me master.

All I want is one man.

You're still talking?

Prepared to be amazed!

NR-02 & Brukarra:

Reinforcements are pointless.

Quiet, machine!

Door & Padawan Yadira Ban:

You're nothing.

Can't we talk?

The General: (This conversation has no gains, just possible losses)

NOT I could kill you.

NOT You served the sith.

#3 does not matter.

#4 LS vs DS option - Vette will lose affection for the DS one.

NR-02

#1does not matter

NR-02/GM Kilran

thats an understatement

that's horrible

dosen't matter

it was sadly violent

make sure i get credit

+285 affection with Vette

Edited by Dark_Krayt

It is actually possible to get a total of +440 affection with Vette per run of Black Talon, but you must choose the light side options. I don't have all of the correct choices atm, but the other morning I ran it about 15 or so times back to back and I was getting anywhere from +400-440 (depending on if i accidentally hit the wrong option) per run. I was more building light side points than affection with Vette, but yeah.

Thanks - I had hoped something like this was out there. And viola.

Yes, it would be much more convenient to not lose 60 affections, plus potentially get a gain of 60 for chosing things she likes, but oh well.

Does anyone else hate Vette?

Thanks again OP.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is kind of old, but I used it for Vette and thought I'd put it in a format that is easier to glance at without having to read the dialogue options.

Key:

# means pick anything

! means don't pick that number

Lt. Sylas:		3, 3, #
NR-02:   		3, 3, #, !1
Imp. Lt.:		2 ,3
NR-02/Cpt O:	3 ,2 ,1 , 3, !2, 3
NR-02/Lt Sy:	2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2
NR-02/Bruk:	3, 3
Door/Yadira:	1, 2
General:		!3, !2, #, 2
NR-02:		#
NR-02/Gen Kil:	1, 3, #, 3, 2

Total 200 dark side and 300 affection with Vette. It's worth noting that you can increase your affection per run by choosing light side options.

• 1 month later...

I started farming affection on my Jugg today and Tried an alternative option for gaining maximum affection and Dark Side, So I figured I would post it so that everyone could gain both Maximum Affection and DarkSide; and rather than start a new thread and possibly irritate people with a redundant post or have my thread moved. I decided to just post it here and maybe the Poster or a Moderator could edit the above.

For clarity and general ease, I have combined both Magilicutty's Idea and the Layout from this page Avengelyne's LightSide Vette Guide into what "I" feel is the best layout. This way I can print the Conversation charts of each Class onto 1 sheet of paper and tack it up next my pc if i need a reference.

Options you should "not" chose for fear of affection loss are marked with !# and parts where neither of the options give affection are marked ANY.

It's Simple, It's Compact, and It contains just enough information so that even the L337 player can scan through the list and find the segment they're on if they brain farts and they forget which options to pick.

So here go:

Conversation #01: Intro/Lieutenant Sylas = 3, 3, ANY

Conversation #02: NR-02/Grand Moff Kilran = 3, 3, ANY, !1

Conversation #03: Command Deck Entry Guard = 2, 3

Conversation #04: NR-02/Captain Orzik/Lieutenant Sylas = 3 ,2 ,1 , 3, !2, 3

Conversation #05: NR-02/Lieutenant Sylas/Satele Shan = 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2

Conversation #06: NR-02/Ensign Brukkara = 3, 3

Conversation #07: Padawan Yadira Ban = 2, 2

Before we start the Next scene with the General we need to get vette out of the party. We can't simply dismiss her because she will still be flagged for affection gain/loss; instead we summon any other companion that isn't out on a crew skill-for those that REALLY dislike that droid and proceed to kill the general.

If you can't be bothered to slow down, and are fine with the -30 from DS the Conversation below is highlighting that course of action.

Conversation #08: The General = !3, !2, ANY, 2

Conversation #09: NR-02 = ANY

Conversation #10: NR-02/Lieutenant Sylas/Grand Moff Kilran = ANY, 2, 3, ANY

+330 Affection Gain and +200 Dark Side if you followed these steps.

+300 Affection Gain and +200 Dark Side if you left Vette out for The General.

Also of Note. To further expedite my affection gain I was also sending 4 Companions on Gift missions. Some say that running BT is a waste of time when you could just run Mission skills for gifts...

I will respond with this-

"If you can gain 300 affection from just ONE run through BT, and Complete 3-4 BTs "PER" Crew Skill Return then you, my friend, are saving the most possible time"

Especially since you can't be guaranteed which gifts will be rewarded per mission.

Edited by Nyesyr

• 3 years later...

I thought I would necro this thread to highlight changes since Storymode Black Talon and KOTFE went live.

Running Black Talon on my undergeared L38 Immortal with Vette set to healing mode, following the OP's guide while killing and looting everything took just under 29 minutes from quest check-in to zone in on the fleet, while netting 5400 influence, 200LS points, just over 10K credits and roughly 160K XP (two thirds of a level?). That time includes a quick trip to get coffee. I'm sure it can be done faster with Vette set to DPS mode, since the relatively high presence values makes her neigh god-like at the instance phase level of 10.

I'm not sure anyone would want to run this ~40 times to max out Vette's influence, but I'm sure some people would rather do a couple runs starting out than purchasing and clicking through a stack of 99 Hutt hit lists or underworld rumor sheets.

Edited by Midasear

Yeah I noticed that most of the choices the OP say are best, are indeed the best choices. I believe a few have changed in the last conversation (with the General).

Black Talon is by far the best and easiest way to get crystals, gear and credits (not to mention XP). Let it never be changed!

My Jug's Vette now has Influence Lvl 24 thanks to Black Talon and I yet have to start Balmorra ...

Edited by SebastiaanZ

• 1 year later...
This is no longer true. Since 4.0, these conversations give no companion influence at all.

This is true only after you start KOTFE. At this point none of the companions get influence bonuses except through Knights storyline and gifts. So max out those class companions that do follow over before you start it as they then keep that affection when they rejoin, especially ones like Vette that becomes available early on.

Edited by Sacremas