Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Individual

Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.

why cant you simply read skills? Duh its becuase they have a skill that can break combat...so um yah hey dummie they can heal ...um because they arent you know...in combat...hope you learn somthing.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No counter? It's called a cc breaker

You deserve to get /flap after letting someone do that to you by using your breaker on something stupid like spike or electrocute

Ya cc breaker, they have 4-5 ccs. How are you suppose to survive the initial attack if you don't break out of one of the first ones? Of course their CCs all depend on how they're speced. But you knocked down off the opener and usually get back up with almost half your life gone if they get crits. Now then, they just CC'd you again. You're telling me I shouldn't use my CC breaker then when I'm more than half way dead, they still have all their defensive cool downs, and they're hitting me like a truck? No, you use your break out then, depending on the CC they just applied, and start ccing them. 1 v 1, shadow and sins should always win with that stupid stealth, mez, out of combat heal. It's retarded.

Ya cc breaker, they have 4-5 ccs. How are you suppose to survive the initial attack if you don't break out of one of the first ones? Of course their CCs all depend on how they're speced. But you knocked down off the opener and usually get back up with almost half your life gone if they get crits. Now then, they just CC'd you again. You're telling me I shouldn't use my CC breaker then when I'm more than half way dead, they still have all their defensive cool downs, and they're hitting me like a truck? No, you use your break out then, depending on the CC they just applied, and start ccing them. 1 v 1, shadow and sins should always win with that stupid stealth, mez, out of combat heal. It's retarded.

Thankfully this is not a 1v1 game. I am not sure what you mean by "getting knocked down and when you get up half your health is gone", when I am speced deception it takes two hits of VS to get your procs going and I cannot take someones health down to half in 2 seconds there is simply not enough time. I also cannot tell by this post if this happened in a duel or in a warzone (did not feel like reading the OP), if its a duel then well maybe agree not to do this, if its a warzone then so be it these things happen. I am given abilities to use and I use them all when the opportunity presents itself...cant nerf smart game play.

Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.

Out of combat heal? Battle Readiness? Or are you referring to to Meditaton?

Edited by stephenalandavie

Allowing a shadow to meditate in front of you shows a miscalculation on your part in terms of using the cc breaker or not preventing the shadow to cloak and break combat. Also, a shadow doing that is a smart shadow no doubt. It takes specific baiting in order for our 'hax' to succeed. I often bait the guy with abilities that will force him to use breaker, once I see he did it, I will have a 100% chance to kill him. I have often won 1 v 2s and 1 v 3s with this move. No hax, no cheats, smart play, nothing to see here.

Quoted for posterity, a sentinel/mara can pop undying rage at almost no HP and in that time can kill you from 50% hp. What is your point? I did this with my sentinel. I used guarded by the force at 1k hp, popped inspiration, and killed the guy from 50% hp. Masterstrike + dispatch. Should we nerf this from sentinels as well cos my victim did not have a stun to prevent my combo?

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Allowing a shadow to meditate in front of you shows a miscalculation on your part in terms of using the cc breaker or not preventing the shadow to cloak and break combat. Also, a shadow doing that is a smart shadow no doubt. It takes specific baiting in order for our 'hax' to succeed. I often bait the guy with abilities that will force him to use breaker, once I see he did it, I will have a 100% chance to kill him. I have often won 1 v 2s and 1 v 3s with this move. No hax, no cheats, smart play, nothing to see here.

Quoted for posterity, a sentinel/mara can pop undying rage at almost no HP and in that time can kill you from 50% hp. What is your point? I did this with my sentinel. I used guarded by the force at 1k hp, popped inspiration, and killed the guy from 50% hp. Masterstrike + dispatch. Should we nerf this from sentinels as well cos my victim did not have a stun to prevent my combo?

This isn't about muraders and undying rage. I think that ability is op too.

This isn't about muraders and undying rage. I think that ability is op too.

A pro-active player will use his tools in order to prevent being at a disadvantage. I am using the survivor armouring bonus on my shadow to make sure that if the fight lasts longer than 20s I will always have a cc to my advantage. Ravage will always have my spinning kick ready. As I said, think and play smart. You are asking for nerfs on abilities that can be easily countered. Sorry, i disagree. When I go into a 1 v 1 , for example, I know exactly what my opponent can do and I guestimate the time it will take for me to kill him or to die.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

It is cheap. Sure you can use your cc breaker but then he can just stealth and cc you again if he's waiting for your break. I don't have a solution short of giving sap a cd.

If you give it a cd then make it available at all times. Bear in mind that most saps can be done at all times, the shadow and scoundrel have to be out of combat. This is the trade-off. See the whole picture, no tunnel vision because people are getting outplayed and have mind maze on them. Give me cd, then make it like a sage, where I can cc ever minute.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

It is cheap. Sure you can use your cc breaker but then he can just stealth and cc you again if he's waiting for your break. I don't have a solution short of giving sap a cd.

There is a solution. Don't get caught with your pants down alone in team/objective based PvP. Duels are nout a good measure for PvP balance. Hard counters exist, and some players are better than others in duels. I'm also calling BS on the "I lose 50% hp in 2 seconds." 1) because getting off the ground implies the player used spike/shadow equivalent. 2) because there is a 1.5 second GCD which would allow for only one more ability, which at most would be a recklessness discharge for 4.5k or a maul for 5.5k(estimates of course). Either way, that would mean you have 8.5k-11k hp and have no business PvPing or dueling anyway.

Its really not that cheap and I will tell you why. A good sin will hardly ever lose a 1v1 match so the fact they need to heal up means they were probably almost dead by the time you got to them or they just killed your friend and are going to start working in on you and he just so happens to need to heal after you both beat on him.

The other thing with this trick is its done all the time with stealth classes but you hardly notice it to complain about it, they do this often when they have their buddys to back them up, they stealth and find a corner to hide in and heal before they come back.

Edited by HoboWithAStick

Its really not that cheap and I will tell you why. A good sin will hardly ever lose a 1v1 match so the fact they need to heal up means they were probably almost dead by the time you got to them or they just killed your friend and are going to start working in on you and he just so happens to need to heal after you both beat on him.

The other thing with this trick is its done all the time with stealth classes but you hardly notice it to complain about it, they do this often when they have their buddys to back them up, they stealth and find a corner to hide in and heal before they come back.

finding a corner is one thing, but mezing and unstealthing right infront of you to heal while your cc'd is stupid. The second they use their combat stealth, both of them should be able to use out of combat heals. It doesn't take both people out of combat, only the sin or shadow. It's dumb.

Not only do I heal up in front of the scrub who let me do that to them, I also throw in a /flap or /chuckle maybe even a couple /sits.

And then i make you regret that by killing you regardless of your reset.

Wouldn't be the first time lol

Either way, this is just something you can do as a shadow but only as long as the target does not have a combat tag with another player. It's extremely good when used properly, but due to it's cost, is hardly to be called overpowered for anything but resetting a 1v1 fight.

finding a corner is one thing, but mezing and unstealthing right infront of you to heal while your cc'd is stupid. The second they use their combat stealth, both of them should be able to use out of combat heals. It doesn't take both people out of combat, only the sin or shadow. It's dumb.

It does take both out of combat. You can't mez a target that is in combat and you can't meditate/seethe in combat.

The fact that you are mazed disables you to act.

Actually it does take you out of combat, the only reason why you wouldn't be able to seethe right away is because you were in combat with something else or sometimes when you are dotted and someone reswans fast it keep you in combat for a second or two.

Most of the time when sins pull this trick you won't have any time to heal up anyways as you will be sapped as soon as they stealth.

You have to realise this isn't something that is pulled off that often anyways. Its normally not even needed and its VERY VERY situational. I've been playing stealth classes for over half a year and have only pulled this off about 5 times. All the conditions have to be right.

Don't complain about something you will probably never even see again.

In both situations the result is the same (1 person stunned the other back to full heatlh), so I honestly don't understand why it matters if you are out of combat or not.

Operatives, according to devs, are balanced around healing, clensing, etc. It was given as a reason why they don't have a formal gap closer or quick speed like sins do. Healing was that "utility". It's like how a sorc is balanced around Force speed + los + heals.

OOC rest is not class-specific it's all the same. Sins were probably not directly meant to be using it like this, but oh well.