Open pvp

Joaina

I personally loved the game when owpvp was a thing

I loved the added excitement of potentially getting ganked at any moment.

The people who moan about this are the pve players that lose in a duel or get ganked they are walking around killing mindless npcs and the thought of an actual player who don't stand still and let them kill them then kills them must shatter their soul lol. I blame the pve players for moaning.

Take away pvp/PvP instances please.

Instead of allowing players to choose how they play the game you're wanting to force everyone to play the way you want to play? That should go over well.

I loved open world PVP when it wasn't a gankfest. I never felt more alive than when I first hit Tatooine and it was time to watch out for enemy players. When you had a bunch of level 50's ganking level 20-somethings, that was when it was no fun. Could have been easily dealt with by the same mechanics that make it possible for different levels to compete in warzones, but they never did that.

You can still flag yourself for PVP I am always flagged! Problem is Bioware claims they listen to the players and the players asked for this so they give it to us and then are are like hey why is no-one doing this. Well Mr. Idiot Dev what in the same heck is the point! I mean when you create operations, flash points, and all the other PVE content do you choose not to offer rewards for doing them.........................<cricket chirping..........................................Yeah thought not cause that would pretty much have the same effect as having open world PVP when you get absolutely nothing for it and that being that nobody does the content because whats the fricken point You could at least make it so that if section of your opponents base gets capture the peeps doing it get some unassembled comps or command crates. Maybe tone down the NPCs so that small groups can capture base hard to do when solo, and seeing as I am usually solo not like I can cap a base. So instead I farm Replicating stock crap items components cause there is no crafting in this game just the replication of stock crappy ugly items. OH I might kill a few others who might be like minded but all and all the open world PVP zone is a giant mat farm! Bioware lacks vision and innovation. They are great at half #$% ideas and stuff that with a little effort has potential but they always strive for mediocrity Open world PVP, Replicating of stock items, Lame space sim are all great examples.

And over the same 20 years , no PVPer have stopped doing it.

Long before the server merges here, the pvp servers ( which I did play on for the OWPVP ) died, it turned out it had been too much farming those not interested in PVP, by the less than mature "rest" of the population, so the server(s) died, and the farming of the not interested players moved to the pve servers, almost causing a mass migration away from SWTOR, by removing it, and changing the flag button, that the less than mature "rest" exploited to be "allowed" BW/EA managed to get people back into the game.

What surprises is that a very large group of players do not realize that the game was never designed for large scale pvp, for the sole reason of the game having a pve focused design.

Crying for mass battles in swor is about as smart as demanding flight simulator in civilization series, the game was never meant for it..ever.

This said, the game engine could probably handle 16x16 or even 24x24 but it not meant for this, it is meant for 4x4 at best.

One of the issues with the old pvp flag button, was how it was exploited by PVPers on the PVE servers with the result of chasing away players.

At the time, the QT cooldown could be up to 20 minutes, the game AOE mechanics was flawed and could cause you to autoflag.

If autoflagged you could not turn it off, you had a 5 minutes cooldown, in a safe ZONE....combined with a 20minutes QT cooldown this could hinder players for several hours in the game.

It was an outcry to reverse the flag button mechanics, allowing a 100% no cooldown on OFF, but a 5 min cooldown to re-flag so to keep it from being exploited in PVE settings.

The game "dies!!!!!!!" the less than mature group of problem PVPers began..............it didn't.

And still even approaching the 8th year of running the game is still a pve game....so NO there can not and should not be open PVP in a pve game...........

PS! I'll let some of you in on a secret......

Just because a game has a small pvp side feature does not make the game pve.

After all you can open doors in Counter Strike, this is a PVE feature.but it does not make the game PVE.....though in the minds of some very vocal PVPers it seems a mere PVP feature is enough to make the rest also PVP

So lets balance the scales and take away all things rewarded to PVE'rs at end of operations, Flash points and general PVE content so that both OW PVP and PVE are in the same boat! What take away your incentive to do the content That's insane! Yeah which is the whole dang point! There should be open world pvp for those that CHOOSE to do it and their should be rewards comparable to doing all the PVE content i.e. an incentive to do the content. I got no issue with keeping PVE and PVPers separate but creating a instance area and saying here you go PVPer's with no rewards, medals, unassemble components, command crates, even weapons or armor is the equivalent of creating PVE content that has no rewards.

Instead of allowing players to choose how they play the game you're wanting to force everyone to play the way you want to play? That should go over well.

Entering a PvP zone constitutes consent for PvP, expected or not with any number of players.

No one is being forced, don't want to PvP don't enter a PvP zone.

Open PVP in a PVE game is an easy fix.

Flag button, turn on and viola!

All players doing this is in fact in an open pvp environment.

But is should be an option only, not in any way a game zone or setting for all

No, OWPVP only works when it is server wide, it worked fine until the population of THE GAME got so low the servers were deserted and not just the PvP servers.

Entering a PvP zone constitutes consent for PvP, expected or not with any number of players.

No one is being forced, don't want to PvP don't enter a PvP zone.

The post to which I replied called for the removal of separate instances and said nothing about pvp zones.