Galactic Living: Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace Video

TaitWatson

Hi, I've a question: do I need to login May 11th to receive the Sky Palace? Or do I just need to be a subscriber, and so can I receive the Palace one or two days later?

Well you won't actually receive the Sky Palace until Early Access launches in August (or if you're not still subscribed in August then you'll get it when Preferred Access goes live a month later), but you should just need to be subscribed on May 11th to have it unlocked - I don't think logging in has ever been a requirement for any of their Subscriber benefits/promotions.

Ridiculous video with no more information then we already know, and stupid shirt, I HATE EA, pity Bioware is owned by them. No wonder they are rated one of the top worst companies recently for customer service and to work for.

Huh, you know of all the potential reactions to that video, I don't think frothing-at-the-mouth hate was ever one that crossed my mind.

Guess that shows my lack of imagination though.

Well you won't actually receive the Sky Palace until Early Access launches in August (or if you're not still subscribed in August then you'll get it when Preferred Access goes live a month later), but you should just need to be subscribed on May 11th to have it unlocked - I don't think logging in has ever been a requirement for any of their Subscriber benefits/promotions.

Ok, thank you, however I intended generally the reward.

Bigger question: CAN WE ACTUALLY SIT, LAY, AND INTERACT WITH THE FURNITURE/DECORATIONS?

This is my question as well and hope we can get an answer. I hope the furniture is not simply for decoration.

If I were any more excited for this expansion my loins could be used for a lamp.

I'd like freely placeable furniture but it isn't a big issue if it isn't in, LOTRO showed you could still have a highly customisable player housing experience without being to move stuff around. I would hope there is some interactivity with furniture though, being able to sit on chairs and recline on couches and the like.

In one of the next Trailers I wanna see the Guild-Ships. I am really waiting for it, since I started to play. Make it an instructional Video, in which it is explained how to get the ship and how to coustomize it.

Thanks alot.

It'd be cool if we could recruit NPCs from different places for our strongholds. They could be special NPCs you do a quest for and the reward is them as a decoration for your stronghold. That would be so neat. Although with all our legacy companions the place might get a bit crowded.

When is the next video coming out? Will it show Coruscant? It looks like Coruscant is the one they have worked on the most apart from Nar Shaddaa so I am guessing they will show it before Dromund Kaas.

So excited about Strongholds, I am saving up lots of credits and cartel coins so I can buy them all and decorate them <3

Why am I not seeing anyone sitting down on the chairs?

What would be the purpose to craft them, buy them, raid for them, etc, if they don't work?

I don't see anyone using any regen toys, either. Why would you disable regen toys in Housing???

:rolleyes:

A question: what would happen if I am a subscriber at may 11th, but my subscription would lapse somewhere between may 11th and the date for subsriber early access?

Would I still get the stronghold with five rooms unlocked?

A question: what would happen if I am a subscriber at may 11th, but my subscription would lapse somewhere between may 11th and the date for subsriber early access?

Would I still get the stronghold with five rooms unlocked?

My understanding is you would get it, but not have access until Preferred Players get access to Strongholds (which I think is a month after Subscribers get access).

In my timezone it's May 12th 8:40PM, where is my palace... I am a monthly subscriber

You won't get the palace until the feature is added to the game. You simply unlock the free one for your account by being a subscriber by the dates they have listed. As an aside, I resubbed for one month just for this fancy pad. I'm also enjoying playing the game after a long break. Pew pew go the sabers.

You won't get the palace until the feature is added to the game. You simply unlock the free one for your account by being a subscriber by the dates they have listed. As an aside, I resubbed for one month just for this fancy pad. I'm also enjoying playing the game after a long break. Pew pew go the sabers.

although i knew this would happen, being conservative with my expectations, i felt that BW was pretty vague with the may eleventh thing. they didn't say they would give it to you on may 11th, but they really gave no stress to point out the truth. i had to do a bit of looking to determine the truth.

first they say

(SPECIAL REWARDS FOR MAY 11TH SUBSCRIBERS!*

Now, receive a total of FIVE ROOMS UNLOCKED WITH YOUR NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE – Valued at 4,000,000 Credits! Plus, travel the galaxy with an exclusive SUBTEROTH MINI-PET and CHARACTER TITLE "THE INTREPID")

at http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds while saying "receive" and "special rewards" as well as the date "may 11th". by associating these three things together into a single idea, you clearly get:

recieve, special rewards, may 11th

but if you read the fine print in the Q&A they say

(The Subteroth Mini-Pet and “The Intrepid” Character Title will be delivered via in-game mail by May 20, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / May 21, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT. All other rewards are delivered at the opening of Subscriber Early Access on August 19th. July 15th is now the new deadline for Subscribers to qualify to receive the THREE ROOMS UNLOCKED with the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold (a value of 1,500,000 credits) plus the Stronghold Label “Galactic Stronghold” and Character Title “The Illustrious.”)

although i knew this would happen, being conservative with my expectations, i felt that BW was pretty vague with the may eleventh thing. they didn't say they would give it to you on may 11th, but they really gave no stress to point out the truth. i had to do a bit of looking to determine the truth.

I would normally be on board with you because they have had communication issues in the past, but that page says multiple times that this expansion doesn't start until Aug 19 for subscriber early access. In fact it's in giant, bolded letters immediately following the CC promotion and prior to even listing the May 11th info.

Then when it breaks down the features (not the small print still) it says:

Subscriber Early Access

August 19 – September 15, 2014

EARLY ACCESS Starting August 19th

NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE STRONGHOLD (Value: 250,000 Credits)

Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”

Character Title: “The Illustrious”

And if this wasn't enough, the initial date listing has an asterisk which denotes you to specifically refer to footnotes where it clearly gives the 'fine print' which very directly states the dates. So it is repeated 3 times, some in gigantic bolded font and then directly clarified in a footnote. I'm sorry, I just can't buy into the criticism in this case.

• 1 month later...

first they say

(SPECIAL REWARDS FOR MAY 11TH SUBSCRIBERS!*

Now, receive a total of FIVE ROOMS UNLOCKED WITH YOUR NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE – Valued at 4,000,000 Credits! Plus, travel the galaxy with an exclusive SUBTEROTH MINI-PET and CHARACTER TITLE "THE INTREPID")

at http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds while saying "receive" and "special rewards" as well as the date "may 11th". by associating these three things together into a single idea, you clearly get:

recieve, special rewards, may 11th

but if you read the fine print in the Q&A they say

(The Subteroth Mini-Pet and “The Intrepid” Character Title will be delivered via in-game mail by May 20, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / May 21, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT. All other rewards are delivered at the opening of Subscriber Early Access on August 19th. July 15th is now the new deadline for Subscribers to qualify to receive the THREE ROOMS UNLOCKED with the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold (a value of 1,500,000 credits) plus the Stronghold Label “Galactic Stronghold” and Character Title “The Illustrious.”)

I don't know if it's the cynic in me, but I can't bring myself to consider that fine print. I'm not saying that EA doesn't love fine print, just that the above doesn't seem to quite qualify.

Where do you go on Nar Shaddaa to get this Sky Palace?

...censored... for awesomeness!

I know its OffTopic, but you "Refer a friend"-guys are really more annoying than the gold-sellers at the fleets....