Nervous about the Collector's Edition Bonus Coins

Trolltar

I think its cool that collector's edition and digital deluxe are getting additional cartel coins. However, the bonus makes me a little nervous. My concern is that the reason we are getting bonus coins is because all of the exclusive stuff we got when paid $20-$90 extra for the game is about to go into the cartel store.

I won't rage quit or anything over it, but I really like having exclusive access to the imperial and republic uniforms on the collector's edition vendor. Its a great way to stand out in a crowd.

Star Trek Online did the same thing six months or so after launch, putting all the exclusive items in the C-Store. That time I did quit the game but not just for that reason.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(snip)...because all of the exclusive stuff we got when paid $20-$90 extra for the game is about to go into the cartel store.... (snip)

Hello.

I'm curious. Where does it say that the Collector's Edition items will end up in the Cartel Store?

I've looked for any announcments on this, but can't seem to find that anywhere. Source?

Hello.

I'm curious. Where does it say that the Collector's Edition items will end up in the Cartel Store?

I've looked for any announcments on this, but can't seem to find that anywhere. Source?

I said its my concern, as in I'm concerned that's what's going to happen. If I had a source, I would know that's what's going to happen.

Its just a guess, but I'm betting that it won't be long before the collector's and deluxe edition items end up in the cartel store.

Who cares really. I rather get some thing I want from the cartel shop than what we are offered in the ce or deluxe vendor. If the items do go on cartel shop, people still have to pay for them and it's not like the ce or deluxe version are selling for their original price. Edited by Knockerz

My concern is that the items which were meant to go to the CE vendor ( we were promised updates!) will go cash shop.

I've kinda given up on the CE Vendor. They really need to discontinue this in some official way. It's just a sore spot for all of us that per-ordered the CE and didn't really get anything. I personally like the Imperial Trooper outfit but that's about it.

I've kinda given up on the CE Vendor. They really need to discontinue this in some official way. It's just a sore spot for all of us that per-ordered the CE and didn't really get anything. I personally like the Imperial Trooper outfit but that's about it.

I never bought any CE or deluxe edition or whatever the marketing people call it. In any game. They are solely marketed to people who care more about stuff around the game than they care about the game itself.

I can't say I regret this decision in SWTOR despite the fact that I was very tempted. They sure managed to make it sound sweet, didn't they? Exclusive items! Regularly updated!! VIP lounge!!!

But that is what marketing people are paid for: twist facts so that they sound nice without being outright lies. Cause, hey, they DID upgrade the store once in the first year, right? No one said ''regularly'' means more than once a year. So, it's not a lie, is it?

You'll hear more of these marketeer-terms when f2p hits. Much more.

Edited by Yogol

My concern is that the items which were meant to go to the CE vendor ( we were promised updates!) will go cash shop.

this is now guaranteed. Theres no incentive for them to put items in the CE shop now, when they already have our money, and can get us to spend coins on new stuff.

I never bought any CE or deluxe edition or whatever the marketing people call it. In any game. They are solely marketed to people who care more about stuff around the game than they care about the game itself.

I can't say I regret this decision in SWTOR despite the fact that I was very tempted. They sure managed to make it sound sweet, didn't they? Exclusive items! Regularly updated!! VIP lounge!!!

But that is what marketing people are paid for: twist facts so that they sound nice without being outright lies. Cause, hey, they DID upgrade the store once in the first year, right? No one said ''regularly'' means more than once a year. So, it's not a lie, is it?

You'll hear more of these marketeer-terms when f2p hits. Much more.

Only reason I broke down and bought the Digital upgrade was so I could go into the VIP room at fleet :rak_03:

I think its cool that collector's edition and digital deluxe are getting additional cartel coins. However, the bonus makes me a little nervous. My concern is that the reason we are getting bonus coins is because all of the exclusive stuff we got when paid $20-$90 extra for the game is about to go into the cartel store.

I won't rage quit or anything over it, but I really like having exclusive access to the imperial and republic uniforms on the collector's edition vendor. Its a great way to stand out in a crowd.

Star Trek Online did the same thing six months or so after launch, putting all the exclusive items in the C-Store. That time I did quit the game but not just for that reason.

Epeen should never be a reason to play a game or to quit a game. CE owners have been rewarded. As someone else said, as long as we don't have to pay extra to get those same things that were/are considered to be included with the box, then I don't care if they are in the store or not. Heck, if the game will make a few extra thousand dollars selling it in the store, then by all means I hope they do - the more revenue the game has at this point the better.

BJ

"The True measure of a gamer is the ability to ignore epeen and just enjoy a game" -- Hanok Odbrook

Edited by BJWyler

I said its my concern, as in I'm concerned that's what's going to happen. If I had a source, I would know that's what's going to happen.

Its just a guess, but I'm betting that it won't be long before the collector's and deluxe edition items end up in the cartel store.

So, your concern is based on scenarios that you are making up in your head? Kinda like... "I am concerned that when I log into TOR when the game goes F2P that all of my Pubs will turn Imp."???

Edited by TheBBP

why do you care if these items go to the cartel shop. you will get extra cartel coins because you are a CE sub. so you'll get those items because you paid for CE. someone else will also get those items if they pay real money for cartel coins. so the only difference is you paid early for the coins and they pay now for the coins, not really much to be nervous about

why do you care if these items go to the cartel shop. you will get extra cartel coins because you are a CE sub. so you'll get those items because you paid for CE. someone else will also get those items if they pay real money for cartel coins. so the only difference is you paid early for the coins and they pay now for the coins, not really much to be nervous about

Stupid reasoning. We should be able to buy the items meant for CE store with in-game credits. Besides we don't even know the prices so far. Perhaps one set is worth 2500 coins?!

Your concern is self-inflicted, as are any feelings resulting from your concern. Not sure why you feel the need, but to each their own I guess.

Generally speaking.... there is no precedent in the industry for your concern.

Besides.....the only thing that caused a lot of controversy about the CE edition leading up to launch was the CE merchant and the free access to the lounge level, which caused many emotional wars on the beta forums. Now look at reality >>>>> not exactly content that people have been raving about since launch and generating a lot of jealous demand for in players not holding the CE. In fact, the reverse has been true.. CE players lamenting about never getting content updates to the merchant....ever.

Generally speaking.... there is no precedent in the industry for your concern.

Haven't been around the 'industry' for very long have you.

The OP actually pointed out one example. Star Trek Online. Cryptic took CE and other 'exclusives' and made them available for cash on their C-store roughly 6 months after launch.

I see the OP's point, based on his experience with STO. However, we have no information one way or another that would indicate this is or is not going to happen. So far BioWare has been characteristically vague about the Cartel items and their costs. We probably won't find out until the day it goes live, or just before.

Without a doubt there will be people that will piss fire all over the forums when BioWare does make the details available, which is probably why we've not seen anything yet.

Haven't been around the 'industry' for very long have you.

The OP actually pointed out one example. Star Trek Online. Cryptic took CE and other 'exclusives' and made them available for cash on their C-store roughly 6 months after launch.

I see the OP's point, based on his experience with STO. However, we have no information one way or another that would indicate this is or is not going to happen. So far BioWare has been characteristically vague about the Cartel items and their costs. We probably won't find out until the day it goes live, or just before.

Without a doubt there will be people that will piss fire all over the forums when BioWare does make the details available, which is probably why we've not seen anything yet.

I don't consider anything Cryptic does to be precedent setting in the context of MMO business practices. :)

From an RP perspective, the trooper uniform never made sense as a CE only item anyway. It should have been something a bit more rare. Kinda puts a damper on running rp events where 5-10 people are in trooper regalia, because nobody has access. Honestly, its a big hope of mine to see the uniforms go into the store, just to see the availability increase. That 1000 coins should be a buyout, and just let the store die. Honestly, all it does is make people mad anyway.

I don't suppose I would mind if the add them to the Cartel store so long as the CE store remains open as a credit purchase option. I see no reason the two can't co-exist. Paying for the CE just changes from paying to have exclusive access to items to having free access to items.

I'd say that's the most likely option anyway since suddenly making CE players pay additional real money for something they used to have free exclusive access to is not a likely way to make customers happy. They'll likely catch enough rage flak with the F2P launch as is, the last thing they need is to add dozens of angry threads by CE owners who don't want to pay additional cash for items they used to be able to buy for free. At least my assumption is that their PR people have enough brains to know that, with all the damage negative player feedback has already done in pushing away other potential players, you want to avoid doing things that will needlessly upset existing players and push away even more potential players.

What should happen is DDE are ONLY getting 250 coins.

Compared to CE which is 1k.

DDE should get 500 coins. It's a complete ourage that they are not treating customers as equals.

equal? I'm pretty damn sure you did not just pay 5 dollar less for the DDE than for the CE. (I am just estimating the actual worth of 250 cartel coins here)

you get 10 coins per dollar you paid more than the normal box - for both the DDE and the CE. (going by the original price, not current)

DDE >> you get 250 coins for the 25 dollar/euro more you paid

CE >>> you get 1000 coins for the 100 dollar/euro more you paid

so, they are - in this case - treating costumers extactly equal.

Edited by amnie

Given we were told that the CE store would have regular updates which never emerged and Im confident never will as will go to the cash shop at the very least the 2 sets should remain exclusive forever more.

I doubt they will though, which would be a shame