Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

+1 Upvote: would love to be able to romance Arcann, he's awesome and my favorite companion to use, w/ Paxton Rall (since I can't play a Purple Twi'lek... (yet, hopefully). Would be nice~ if the Devs can make Arcann be able to wear CM suits, as I really want to put the new Revan's Star Forge robes (hood down) on him

So, how did everyone like the content we got in Echoes?

My take (full of spoilers):

My expectations were almost non-existent, so I'm pretty much over the moon. The short conversation on Odessen was wonderful. I will never tire of listening to Arcann's angst about Valkorion or seeing my Knight soothe and reassure him (she loves a project, I guess! :o)

The kiss was tender and very sweet. And the letter - he actually said he loves her! I'll be honest: I really wanted to hear that in Arcann's voice. On the other hand, I feel it is in character for him to be most vulnerable and romantic in writing (he always was) - and I actually didn't think we would ever get those words from him at all.

If I have to criticise - and I hate to do it, but I feel this needs to be said - much of what he said is more or less a rehash of what he said or wrote the last times. I do wish that they would do a bit more with him. Specifically, I want exactly what JakRoanin wants (as quoted below).

I was very happy that Thexan made an appearance and that his single line of dialogue indicated forgiveness for Arcann, but I wanted so much more than that. I understand the decision to prioritise Vaylin in that scene, and I do think it was the right call for the story overall, but I really wanted Arcann and Thexan to actually speak - or, at least, for Arcann to speak to my character about Thexan (and Vaylin) afterwards. I did love seeing the brothers fight their father side by side. I can do so much with that in my own head-canon :D

This! This is everything I want.

And now I wish I could find some time to play. :) Hi Witchglove!

Think it's obvious Vailyn body-snatched. What I'm wondering is whether they will make it into some bigger storyline or is it just an excuse for romance-alert. I mean, Vaylin fans sure been persistient so I wouldn't be mad but it's kinda too much of a big deal story-wise, considering her power and past events to make it into some short side quest. Edited by Pietrastor

Think it's obvious Vailyn body-snatched. What I'm wondering is whether they will make it into some bigger storyline or is it just an excuse for romance-alert. I mean, Vaylin fans sure been persistient so I wouldn't be mad but it's kinda too much of a big deal story-wise, considering her power and past events to make it into some short side quest.

Oh please god, NO! If they bring her back in anyway I'll probably vomit then quit for good. Leave the dead dead!

If I felt that Lana was the BFF she seems to think she is, it might be okay. My Knight wanted Arcann in that scene, obviously - but failing that, she wanted Kira who is actually her BFF. Lana just comes across as so weird for characters who aren't in a romance with her or view her as a very close friend. To my Knight, she comes across as someone with an obsessive, unhealthy and unrequited crush...]

Pretty much this. For characters who actually feel close to Lana, whether as friends or lovers, I think her writing is perfect. But for those who view her more distantly, as a loyal ally but not someone to whom they feel an emotional connection, it's just sorta weird how she keeps getting pushed into this role. Especially when there are other characters we'd rather be there instead of her.

Pretty much this. For characters who actually feel close to Lana, whether as friends or lovers, I think her writing is perfect. But for those who view her more distantly, as a loyal ally but not someone to whom they feel an emotional connection, it's just sorta weird how she keeps getting pushed into this role. Especially when there are other characters we'd rather be there instead of her.

Reminds me of certain asari with unhealthy one-sided crush.

It has already made me like Lana less as a character which is too bad because she is my mains LI. At the moment she seems to have no character arc of her own either. She's just there to be the BFF (whether your character views her as such or not).

Reminds me of certain asari with unhealthy one-sided crush.

It has already made me like Lana less as a character which is too bad because she is my mains LI. At the moment she seems to have no character arc of her own either. She's just there to be the BFF (whether your character views her as such or not).

100% reminds me of Liara in a bad way, agreed. I did actually feel that Lana was written better during Onslaught as a general comrade, compared to her writing during KotFE/ET. But this new story beat seemed to have her quite touchy-feely again.

100% reminds me of Liara in a bad way, agreed. I did actually feel that Lana was written better during Onslaught as a general comrade, compared to her writing during KotFE/ET. But this new story beat seemed to have her quite touchy-feely again.

That's exactly how i felt.

She's seemed to be better in Onslaught, but it seems like they made 1 step forward with how they handled her there (in a more neutral kind of relationship) and 15 steps backard with how they handled her here (where she is more than back to some sort of default / imposed LI).

On another note, i was really happy to have my bro Arcann by my side for that mission, alongside pretty much everyone my JK actually really cares about (well aside for that last part, where the self proclamed BFF/LI came uninvited).

I'd really like to be able to play that part with my character intended for Arcann, unfortunately, i had to remake her and Corellia, KOTFE and KOTET are bugged on me, and if i skip, there'll be no romance as he'll be dead 😭

Saw the romance scene on YT though, and it was really sweet.

I did not romance Arcann but I agree if your romanced Arcann should be him not Lana. If you romanced Kira should be her not Lana. if you romanced Theron should be him not Lana. If you romanced Scourge should be him not Lana. As for Koth.....he'd be a hindrance in the mission as he never did accept that Valkorian was evil. My character that romanced Lana did not receive an email from her if that makes you feel any better.

Not a fan of that romance (romancing him with a female smuggler), but I'm not a hater I promise.

the conversation made little to no sense to me. Just before the romance conversation start, the prior cutscene saw him and Senya enter the room determined to end Valkorion for good. But then, he starts the romance conversation by saying he doesn't want to go, etc. I turned from "Yes, finally!", to "Ah, come on!". It felt like the writer(s) of the romance didn't talked with the writer(s) of the main story. It was not consistent (between the 2 scenes) and kinda ruined it. However, I would have not mind if Arcann had shown up hesitant in the prior cutscene, as then it would have been consistent within the moment

My female Knight accidentally shot down Doc in the original. I thought I had started a relationship with Koth in KOTFE, but the game was glitchy back then, and didn't register it (tech support said they couldn't fix it). So I went with Arcann. As we go along, it feels more natural than "last resort." I figure Scourge (which I guess was recent) wouldn't have fit with my knight.

I think you guys are really forgetting just how much WORSE Liara was :p No really, just look at the latest ME4 trailer. Probably some 600 years have passed since ME3 yet the blue stalker is STILL obsessed with our Sheps and just can't take a hint :p

Edited by Pietrastor

And now I wish I could find some time to play. :) Hi Witchglove!

Hi! :) Nice to see you're still around. Are you still writing, too?

Not a fan of that romance (romancing him with a female smuggler), but I'm not a hater I promise.

the conversation made little to no sense to me. Just before the romance conversation start, the prior cutscene saw him and Senya enter the room determined to end Valkorion for good. But then, he starts the romance conversation by saying he doesn't want to go, etc. I turned from "Yes, finally!", to "Ah, come on!". It felt like the writer(s) of the romance didn't talked with the writer(s) of the main story. It was not consistent (between the 2 scenes) and kinda ruined it. However, I would have not mind if Arcann had shown up hesitant in the prior cutscene, as then it would have been consistent within the moment

I disagree completely! (explanation in the spoiler tags).

It wasn't inconcistent at all. He doesn't say that he 'doesn't want to go' in the romance scene; he just tells you that he's deeply troubled and doubting himself. It's a vulnerable confession that he obviously wouldn't make in front of everyone. Sharing his doubts with you alone shows how much he's come to trust you - that's what makes the moment heartfelt. If you tell him to stay behind, he explicitly says that he wants to go because he wishes to face his own issues. I would find it extremely odd if he hadn't expressed any self-doubt or anxiety about Valkorion's return. That would have been inconsistent with his character.

Edited by witchglove

Being some what of a completest I decided to make a new character and take her through KOTFE etc so she can romance Arcann. I did it on Sith Inquitor because I realy like force lightning. And I always enjoy going against type to play a light side sith.

I also realized I dont have a character in romance with Torian, did at on time but I got a little heavy handed with the delate button a couple years ago. So now I'm going through Bounthy Hunter storyline on a new female BH.

There is one companion I will NEVER EVER romance, Khem Val. That's just wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So....any chance we actually get some interactions with Arcann in future stories ? ..

Or is this gonna be a Letter based relationship thingy :confused::confused: .. long distance relationship lol ... " i cant talk to you...im standing right next to you but we cant talk " :))

Oh I thought I was the only person who loved Arcann with a JC! It is a small dose Romance but oh-so-good when you get them!

nice 🤣🏼 I thought about this very much when I started to play more often swtor. my first JK - my main character - has to go with Theron obviously, but I don't know why I decided that instead my JC will go with Arcann. I see her as a much more calm person, caring and more forgiving. so for him it is better like this 🤍