Lost Island Normal Review

We tried to do Lost Island on Normal last night. We were geared fairly well (Tier 2 PvE/PvP), certainly well enough to do BT HM. We got our @## kicked realy badly. Some of it had to do with doing the FP the first time, so it took us a while to learn all of the boss mechanics. However I felt that the FP was a bit too hard on Normal mode.

Here are my thoughs on why. I think level 50 flashpoints should be possible with a high success rate for all fresh level 50s after doing some dailies. These lvl 50 Normal Flashpoints should drop gear that will allow fresh 50s to get geared for hard modes.

Right now it seems a bit in reverse. I need to have Tier 2 or better gear equiped so I can defeat bosses that will drop Tier 1 or lower gear. (Battle for Ilum gives you less then Tier 1 gear even)

I would be intersted in hearing what you guys think about your attempts/completions of Lost Island and other level 50 flashpoints (on Normal)

We went for HM right away, geared in Columi/rakata. Had some issued but they had to do with us having no idea what to actually do on the bosses. After a couple of tries figuring out how it works we killed the bosses.

I agree completely though that it seems much harder than any of the other HMs. But on the other hand the drops are better, first 2 bosses dropped unassembled columi gear. Last boss drops rakata (from what i hear, we had to stop before the last boss to try the new ops lol) so its all fair id say.

The FP is tough. All 4 of us were in best in slot gear and we still wiped on every boss several times and hit a couple enrage timers (learning fights = lower dps). We cleared the dungeon on hm and it was extremely fun. The last fight was the best fight in the game at the moment. We did it without using the rakghoul potion. The only complaint I would have is the drops. If you need T2 gear that drops, you won't be able to clear the HM. The difficulty vs reward is off. I hope it doesnt change in difficulty but at least drop some black hole badges.

We tried to do Lost Island on Normal last night. We were geared fairly well (Tier 2 PvE/PvP), certainly well enough to do BT HM. We got our @## kicked realy badly. Some of it had to do with doing the FP the first time, so it took us a while to learn all of the boss mechanics. However I felt that the FP was a bit too hard on Normal mode.

Here are my thoughs on why. I think level 50 flashpoints should be possible with a high success rate for all fresh level 50s after doing some dailies. These lvl 50 Normal Flashpoints should drop gear that will allow fresh 50s to get geared for hard modes.

Right now it seems a bit in reverse. I need to have Tier 2 or better gear equiped so I can defeat bosses that will drop Tier 1 or lower gear. (Battle for Ilum gives you less then Tier 1 gear even)

I would be intersted in hearing what you guys think about your attempts/completions of Lost Island and other level 50 flashpoints (on Normal)

FYI, Tier 2:

2.1 Blackhole/Campaign

2.2 Denova

2.3 Warstalker

Tier 1:

1.1 Tionese

1.2 Columi

1.3 Rakata

Just for clarity. ;)

@ OP, Almost every single flashpoint is completed easily by a group geared with tier 2 pve/pvp.. You're using a single new flashpoint as a basis for them all when it was specifically designed to be hard. In my opinion that's what sets it apart from the others and makes it so fun

I ran it through it HM with a group comprised entirely of columni or above and we wiped about 30 times throughout the entire thing before quitting at the last boss.

What would have made me mad is if they put in another vanilla HM like all the others have become and there weren't any new challenges pertaining to flashpoints.

I enjoy the challenge. Let it be something you can work up to instead of just being frustrated that you aren't geared enough yet to do a single flashpoint.

FYI, Tier 2:

2.1 Blackhole/Campaign

2.2 Denova

2.3 Warstalker

Tier 1:

1.1 Tionese

1.2 Columi

1.3 Rakata

Just for clarity. ;)

What I ment by Tier 2 was Columi for PvE Champion for PvP. I have a mix of both with 20K hitpoints (tank)

Most of the other players in the group were about the same maybe leaning towards a mix of Tionese/Columi

We went for HM right away, geared in Columi/rakata. Had some issued but they had to do with us having no idea what to actually do on the bosses. After a couple of tries figuring out how it works we killed the bosses.

I agree completely though that it seems much harder than any of the other HMs. But on the other hand the drops are better, first 2 bosses dropped unassembled columi gear. Last boss drops rakata (from what i hear, we had to stop before the last boss to try the new ops lol) so its all fair id say.

This seems fair to me though, you do the HM and you get some good gear, that's worth the 10-20K repair bill. Doing in on Normal with a 10-20K repair bill and crappy gear, is just not as fun. (Don't get me wrong the Flashpoint was still fun but the reward was not there)

This seems fair to me though, you do the HM and you get some good gear, that's worth the 10-20K repair bill. Doing in on Normal with a 10-20K repair bill and crappy gear, is just not as fun. (Don't get me wrong the Flashpoint was still fun but the reward was not there)

Normal should be T2 gear and HM should be T3. If you dont have the gear already, you will have an extremely difficult time meeting the gear checks (which defeats the purpose of running it to start with). After we cleared it, we did nightmare KP and it felt extremely easy after doing the FP... was slightly humorous.

What I ment by Tier 2 was Columi for PvE Champion for PvP. I have a mix of both with 20K hitpoints (tank)

Most of the other players in the group were about the same maybe leaning towards a mix of Tionese/Columi

I understand what you meant, but you are using the wrong terminology. Now there is a real tier 2 (which is not what you are calling it), it will become more confusing quickly. Tier 2 is Blackhole+. Columi is tier 1 gear, specifically tier 1.2.

We finished HM Lost Island last night in all Columi, I was only one with a Rakata Piece...

Shadow Tank

Shadow DPS

Sage DPS

Commando Heals

We only wiped 4 times...two on the first Droid Boss and Two on the Bonus Boss...it's not horrible once you get it down...but I believe full or close to full Columi is a MUST HAVE...

So now people are complaining the game is too hard? last week it was too easy...

Yep. I give it 2 weeks before they nerf this instance into the ground and make it faceroll like the rest.

Then it'll be back to what it was.

"Game too easy blah blah"

So now people are complaining the game is too hard? last week it was too easy...

Who said it was too hard? Quite easily the most amount of fun I have had in this game in a long time. The OP might be calling it too hard... My complaint is the reward doesnt match the difficulty. Throw in black hole badges for HM and done. Seriously though, last boss without using the potion (that we werent aware of initially) on HM is the most amount of fun I've had in this game. Good job bioware.

We tried it in normal mode, most of us using columi stuff and honestly it took 30 minutes of not knowing the whole zone with only 1 person dying. Its not as bad as you are making it sound ;/

Maybe we just suck :)

I am just trying to match difficulty with reward. You should be able to complete the flashpoint without having better gear then the loot found in the Flashpoint. If this Flashpoint is as difficult on Normal as Black Talon on Hardmode then should the reward not be the same or similar? Else everyone just grinds BT over and over again (which is happening right now on my server)

Who said it was too hard? Quite easily the most amount of fun I have had in this game in a long time. The OP might be calling it too hard... My complaint is the reward doesnt match the difficulty. Throw in black hole badges for HM and done. Seriously though, last boss without using the potion (that we werent aware of initially) on HM is the most amount of fun I've had in this game. Good job bioware.

what potion? i completed the fp also.. didnt know abt any potions..

Edited by RagnarokEx

Maybe we just suck :)

Maybe you do...maybe you don't...either way..Point is..... If you can finish the Hard Mode..you probably shouldn't have done it because you won't get any better gear than you already have on. If you can't finish it...You still can't get the gear you need because you have to have better gear than it drops LMAO...That was our experience

M.N.D.S = Makes No Damn Sense!

Maybe you do...maybe you don't...either way..Point is..... If you can finish the Hard Mode..you probably shouldn't have done it because you won't get any better gear than you already have on. If you can't finish it...You still can't get the gear you need because you have to have better gear than it drops LMAO...That was our experience

M.N.D.S = Makes No Damn Sense!

That’s exactly what I was trying to say :)

I am in complete agreement with this.

Our group was full columni/rakata raiders that have cleared HM EV/KP. We enjoyed the challenge very much. However, tionese + columni drops for that difficulty does not add up.