LightsaberS, LightsaberS, LightsaberS

Joluka

I am replaying KOTOR 1 and 2, and each time the Jedi characters ignite their lightsabers, they ignite *both* their lightsabers, if they have 2 of them equipped. Why, Eric, why does my Marauder only ignite her main hand saber when she’s about to execute someone in a cutscene?

I mean, those old games had two sabers out in cutscenes, is there a reason why the decision was made not to show both sabers in cutscenes? Imagine how cool it would have been to show a Jedi Sentinel dueling Arcann with both lightsabers, never mind the Revenge of the Sith style execution that Anakin performed on Count Dooku.

Would it be too much to ask for you guys to add the dual saber ignition to class stories? Or has it ever been relayed to us why we can only show one lightsaber at a time, in cutscenes?

For the same reason Republic Troopers and Imperial Agents wield "phantom blaster pistols" in cutscenes - to save animation costs. Instead of doing one version of the cutscene for each Advanced Class / weapon type, they do just one.

But hey, at least Sentinels *have* lightsabers. That phantom blaster thing really grates me.

I am replaying KOTOR 1 and 2, and each time the Jedi characters ignite their lightsabers, they ignite *both* their lightsabers, if they have 2 of them equipped. Why, Eric, why does my Marauder only ignite her main hand saber when she’s about to execute someone in a cutscene?

I mean, those old games had two sabers out in cutscenes, is there a reason why the decision was made not to show both sabers in cutscenes? Imagine how cool it would have been to show a Jedi Sentinel dueling Arcann with both lightsabers, never mind the Revenge of the Sith style execution that Anakin performed on Count Dooku.

Would it be too much to ask for you guys to add the dual saber ignition to class stories? Or has it ever been relayed to us why we can only show one lightsaber at a time, in cutscenes?

They aren't going to edit/add stuff to 10 year old movie cut scenes just to make sentinels/marauders use both their lightsabers. And like above, other classes do weird things, too. Like the agent using a pistol.

Some things you just got to go with the flow, they can't cater every desire and whim for every individual playing the game. Some people probably never noticed you only use one saber, and have no problem with it and some may even like it.

Just go with the flow. :)

They aren't going to edit/add stuff to 10 year old movie cut scenes just to make sentinels/marauders use both their lightsabers. And like above, other classes do weird things, too. Like the agent using a pistol.

Some things you just got to go with the flow, they can't cater every desire and whim for every individual playing the game. Some people probably never noticed you only use one saber, and have no problem with it and some may even like it.

Just go with the flow. :)

Yeah, I can’t not notice that stuff. And for the agents and troopers, I never really minded because you’re not gonna pull out a massive blaster canon, sniper rifle, or carbine to one-shot someone at point blank range. While you’re busy taking your big weapon out, you are going to get killed.

They also don’t have to update the old class stories, that’s just a dream I have. It’d be great if they did include the dual sabers in Onslaught and onward, though. In my opinion, it looks eye-roll-y when both KOTOR games, which are older than Vanilla SWTOR, have your character pull out both their sabers when in cutscenes, but they don’t here. Like, I see Ashoka and Ventress fight with two sabers, and even Darth Sidious. It breaks the fantasy I’m trying to have, and I get the costs, but I mean, it’d be really nice, and the fact that it’s very unlikely to happen is going to keep annoying me, lol, like a paper cut.

For the same reason Republic Troopers and Imperial Agents wield "phantom blaster pistols" in cutscenes - to save animation costs. Instead of doing one version of the cutscene for each Advanced Class / weapon type, they do just one.

But hey, at least Sentinels *have* lightsabers. That phantom blaster thing really grates me.

Is the rationale that it would be silly for those carrying sniper rifles or assault cannons to point their main weapon at everything?

This thing honestly bothers me more than the dual lightsaber thing, it seems so silly that those of my characters keep pointing their extremely non-threatening pea-shooters at their targets in cutscenes. Especially since those handguns are never, ever used in other circumstances.

Is the rationale that it would be silly for those carrying sniper rifles or assault cannons to point their main weapon at everything?

This thing honestly bothers me more than the dual lightsaber thing, it seems so silly that those of my characters keep pointing their extremely non-threatening pea-shooters at their targets in cutscenes. Especially since those handguns are never, ever used in other circumstances.

This is most noticeable in the Trooper story. The character oftentimes barges into a place, severely outnumbered, and he’s pointing the little blaster pistol at the enemy while, and get this, while Aric Jorgan is pointing his RIFLE at the enemy, as he well should. Sometimes, the Trooper character is pointing his rifle, but the issue is that he doesn’t do it when it’s a no-brainer that he should. This, to me, is stupid. Like, if you can have them do that, why don’t you have them do it?

This is my issue. The sabers are more of a problem to me because you can see their colors blatantly, but yes, this is definitely an issue with every class. Mercs and gunslingers also only using one blaster in cutscenes...

They didn't seem to have a problem updating the opening scenes for the various classes as well as the class ship ones when flying toward a planet. This is a possibility, and I hope they do it.

As nice as these visual improvements are, there is a big difference between updating 8 cutscenes vs several hundred. Especially considering the new custscenes don't handle dual lightsabers either.

This would need to be a systemic change, and it's unlikely to be anywhere near the top of their priority queue.