Commanding Legacy: What does it apply to?

VonLettowVorbeck

I'd appreciate any advice as I am back to the game after a long absence. Currently, I am saving my CXP consumables because as I understanding, Commanding Legacy applies to all content, meaning if I get a couple characters to rank 300, and then use the CXP consumables on the 3rd character, I will get 50% more CXP per consumable. Is that correct, or are the consumables outside of "all content?" :rolleyes:

Also, do the timed Command Boosts also boost the consumables?

Thanks for any tips, or if you could refer me to an accurate CXP guide that would be awesome too!

I'd appreciate any advice as I am back to the game after a long absence. Currently, I am saving my CXP consumables because as I understanding, Commanding Legacy applies to all content, meaning if I get a couple characters to rank 300, and then use the CXP consumables on the 3rd character, I will get 50% more CXP per consumable. Is that correct, or are the consumables outside of "all content?" :rolleyes:

You are correct as outlined here on Dulfy.

Nope!

Thanks for any tips, or if you could refer me to an accurate CXP guide that would be awesome too!

Here you go, also courtesy of Dulfy.

Nope!

Thanks! those guides are really helpful. One thing I am now confused about is with this entry from the second one:

Black Talon/Esseles Veteran solo – For Black Talon at least you can get a minimum of ~700 CXP per run (make sure you do the bonus boss) and it takes 13-14 minutes per run. If you save the CXP packs and open them with CXP boost and Victory State you can get a lot more.

Did that change since the article? I know breaking down items from the Command Crates isn't affected, but I was asking about the blue and green consumables I have been getting from FP and Ops bosses.

Contrary to another reply, I have found that the timed cxp boosts do work for the command tokens. double CXP events also work.. I tend to save them for that.

Normal XP boosts do not have any affect on CXP in any form though.

Yes, CXP timed boosts work for cxp consumables. Maybe sarova didn't understand the question.

So, the two characters at rank 300 in your scenario have to be non-mirrored different base classes. For example, an inquisitor and a smuggler will count, but an inquisitor and a consular will not, they count as the same base class.

The bonuses apply to the base CXP, whether it’s the base CXP from a mob’s death, or a mission reward, or a legacy bound CXP pack. The bonuses then add together. I made a thread about it here, but it does not include the changes in 5.10 regarding the guild perk bonus to CXP... I haven’t figured out exactly how that stacks with all my other calculations.

Lastly, legacy bound CXP packs of a certain flavor do award more during that bonus day. For example, flashpoint CXP packs award more points on flashpoint bonus day. So, ideally you want to wait to open them until flashpoints are the daily bonus activity. It’s better to open them on flashpoint day, which gives a 25% bonus to the base CXP reward, than to wait until your personal alignment is in the victory state, which is only a 15% bonus. Obviously if you can get both the bonus daily activity and the victory state and a double CXP week to all line up, that’s the best case scenario.

Yes, CXP timed boosts work for cxp consumables. Maybe sarova didn't understand the question.

Partly correct - Sarova answered the question far too late at night after having one too many gin and tonics & may or may not have been confused (your honour)! :rolleyes: Apologies.

In-game just before I posted my reply, I had actually explained how it worked correctly to a friend I was playing with as she couldn't understand why she was getting a lot less CXP than I was. If you can afford to it is worth unlocking the legacy perk that helps boost CXP as well as using all the boosts and taking advantage of the double CXP events. Also try and take advantage of the game-wide CXP boost from dark/light and whatever the day's event is - Planetary Missions daily/weekly areas are very good for a massive CXP hit.

Edited by Sarova

Commanding Legacy applies to all content, meaning if I get a couple characters to rank 300, and then use the CXP consumables on the 3rd character, I will get 50% more CXP per consumable. Is that correct, or are the consumables outside of "all content?" :rolleyes:

Taken as written, no, it's not correct. You can't do it with just any two characters. The two characters must belong to different "groups".

The groups are:

* Vanguard, Commando, PT, Mercenary

* Scoundrel, Gunslinger, Operative, Sniper

* Shadow, Sage, Assassin, Sorcerer

* Guardian, Sentinel, Juggernaut, Marauder.

And of course you have to buy the perk on a character that's already CR 300.

Thanks All! I think I am starting to get it now. I think the only thing that is still unclear is how I can tell when it's "Flashpoint Day" or when it's a dark/light day. I have yet to see a double CXP event but I haven't been back very long.

Go to the activities window, and down at the bottom of that window in gold will be the bonus activity for the day.

Whichever side of the Force is winning is displayed when you open up the Galactic Map.

it is like a permanent double exp boost to all characters below command rank 300

but you have to earn the +100% boost by leveling one of each mirrored base class to 300

Get 1 agent or smuggler to rank 300, add +25% to your permanent boost

Get 1 trooper or hunter to rank 300, add +25% to your permanent boost

Get 1 knight or warrior to rank 300, add +25% to your permanent boost

Get 1 inquisitor or consular to rank 300, add +25% to your permanent boost

When a character reaches command rank 300, the Commanding Legacy bonus will no longer apply to them.

Repeat. Only works for characters below command rank 300.

The tooltip

Commanding Legacy

This Legacy-wide unlock increases Command Experience gained by 25% for characters under Command Rank 300. This effect stacks up to 4 times for a 100% bonus.

You gain one stack for each mirrored Class at Command Rank 300 (Example: A Knight and Warrior at 300 only counts once).

Available to all characters when unlocked.

Edited by Falensawino

You don't need the ranks anymore (yay!) so don't worry about grinding it out, unless you're a completionist nut. There's a whole new grind to replace it.

Sort of. It's worth remembering that *getting* that new grind will be easier if you have done at least some of the old one, and that if you follow the story through all its twists and turns, you will already have passed through a fair chunk of Tier 1 anyway.

Sort of. It's worth remembering that *getting* that new grind will be easier if you have done at least some of the old one, and that if you follow the story through all its twists and turns, you will already have passed through a fair chunk of Tier 1 anyway.

Not really. I dusted off some old characters still in a mixture of 208s, 216s, and 220s and took them straight to Ossus with the new set of green 232s and started the new story and daily grind. GC is utterly outdated and unnecessary now.

Edited by kodrac