Cross faction Guild Strognholds

pegten

From my understanding, while you can list a guild stronghold as open to everyone depending on the location, Bioware still hasn't fixed it so you can travel there from the opposite faction? Has there been an ETA on when this will be fixed or has it been thrown to the wind since it was implemented? It's quite sad that the imp side guild I'm in cannot RP with my repside guild because of it as we want to use the Imp Guild SH as 'neutral ground'.

Bioware still hasn't fixed it so you can travel there from the opposite faction?

Has BW ever said they will "fix" this?

Or is it working exactly as planned - no fix needed?

IMHO it wouldn't make sense to have a cross-faction GSH when the very Guilds themselves are not cross faction - nor is anything else I can think of.

You'll just have to use some neutral SH like Tatooine, Yavin 4, etc.

From an RP point of view, wouldn't it make sense to meet on truly neutral ground - or are the Imps planning to ambush you....? :eek:

Edited by JediQuaker

Well, it's a Nar Shaddaa SH and while it is Imp Side, it is not necessarily an Imperial guild. We know it's possible to list them on both factions, as we found another Guild Stronghold Rep Side that is listed as 'both' on the same planet. However, only the Rep side characters can access it.

I have never seen opposite factions in a GSH on any planet. Though it would be pretty awesome if you could set A Rishi GSH with PVP area on to cross faction access....

I have my personal SH with people from both sides with keys and that is how we have to do cross faction guild events....and always have had to do them that way.

it's definitively time for BW to work on cross faction guilde as well !

The community is getting smaller. If they allow cross-faction guilds then on Star Forge, Sanctuary, My Bad, RIP, and Jedaii Reborn would be the only guilds getting conquests. Bad idea to allow cross factions. It would just accelerate the amalgamation of guilds.

Bi-faction guilds? I don't think that's necessary. The (very large) guild I'm in has mirror guilds on both sides, and I think keeping such a thing organized would be a headache. Not to mention they would have to seriously raise the member limit for it to be attractive to large guilds.

Ability to visit cross-faction guild strongholds and ships? It would be nice for certain RP interactions, and for Rishi PVP matches. Given that most personal SH can choose to allow visitors from either or both sides, it would be nice to extend that option to guilds.

• 3 weeks later...