The Bastion PvP Republic vs Empire Discussion

LordVilos

I had a discussion about this in a previous post and I figured I would start a thread on it. I have played this game since it came out and have two level 50 characters. Both are warlords and both are on the Bastion. 1 is a republic Sentinel the other is Imperial Marauder. I was very curious to hear what everyone's win ratios are solo queuing on this server.

Granted I do my rated war zones on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. I am NOT discussing that in this thread. Those Wins are based solely around who has the better team. The rest of the week I play in pug matches solo queuing after work. I have noticed that at primetime Republic seems to have giant advantage win ratio wise. During prime time I tend to win about 75 to 80 percent on Republic and only 30 percent on Empire. I am trying to get serious answers only. To all of you who PvP on the Bastion pugging during prime time what are your win ratios like?

I hope to hear back from both Republic and Empire. 50s Only please. Sub level 50 is a crap shoot in we all know that

Edited by LordVilos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a discussion about this in a previous post and I figured I would start a thread on it. I have played this game since it came out and have two level 50 characters. Both are warlords and both are on the Bastion. 1 is a republic Sentinel the other is Imperial Marauder. I was very curious to hear what everyone's win ratios are solo queuing on this server.

Granted I do my rated war zones on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. I am NOT discussing that in this thread. Those Wins are based solely around who has the better team. The rest of the week I play in pug matches solo queuing after work. I have noticed that at primetime Republic seems to have giant advantage win ratio wise. During prime time I tend to win about 75 to 80 percent on Republic and only 30 percent on Empire. I am trying to get serious answers only. To all of you who PvP on the Bastion pugging during prime time what are your win ratios like?

I hope to hear back from both Republic and Empire. 50s Only please. Sub level 50 is a crap shoot in we all know that

so what your saying is...

one fotm toon wasnt enough..

you needed its factional counterpart for twice the fotm fun

Dumbest reply this week.

Why go through 2 gear grinds, when only one is needed

Thank you very much. I was hoping for serious replies however I see you are the first. Yes my PvP mods are all in Legacy gear. On top of that I never have to change my play style. When you were at a competitive point in PvP you really do not want to go around changing your play style.

My 2 classes are a mirror of each other and my attacks are all of the same place on both characters. So yes when I play my Marauder I feel like I'm on my Sentinel or vice versa. I really do not know how this turned from a normal discussion thread into a hate thread about classes. Somehow that kid found a way.

Finally I do not even know why he mentioned my class. I never said my class with superior or anything of the sort I was merely asking about people's experience win ratio wise when it came to warzones. I did not want this to be a class discussion at all.

Edited by LordVilos

i play on the bastion i have a pub sage and imp sin..i been on bastion since beta..from what i seen over the course of our server up to transfers..i wouldn't say its about pubs winning or imps..more about people in wz's knowing what to do in them..i'm far from being the best pvper, but playing on both factions you see some trends..

most pubs players are alot of imp rerollers vice versa with imp players..basically it is the same people in wz's just different toons..i had days on my sage where we win every wz..also had the same on my sin..saying truly if 1 faction is better is truly conditional depending on the people..

it's not truly about pubs being better than imps..its about the people you have in wz's knowing what to do and working together as a team..you have some pubs who only play in the mornings cause they know alot of people are not on, good pvpers for the most part..they steamroll most pugs with there pre made..

this wouldn't be the case if they was to que during the evening or night where you have most of your pvpers with gear online,,to sum it all up basically..its not about which facton is better ,more on what time you play and thats where the trends come in at usually..depending on the time you play certain factions usually wins or loses cause its the player base that is queing in the wz's..

with pvp it can change any second from you losing to winning all of your wz's..so just take it all with a grain of salt..

Thank you very much. I was hoping for serious replies however I see you are the first. Yes my PvP mods are all in Legacy gear. On top of that I never have to change my play style. When you were at a competitive point in PvP you really do not want to go around changing your play style.

My 2 classes are a mirror of each other and my attacks are all of the same place on both characters. So yes when I play my Marauder I feel like I'm on my Sentinel or vice versa. I really do not know how this turned from a normal discussion thread into a hate thread about classes. Somehow that kid found a way.

Finally I do not even know why he mentioned my class. I never said my class with superior or anything of the sort I was merely asking about people's experience win ratio wise when it came to warzones. I did not want this to be a class discussion at all.

By looking at his sig, we can see hes a Sorc which we all know was an old FoTM, now hes butthurt.

And yeah, I understand your point of not playing the other classes around (I made all 4 for the buffs, which I play once a while)

For whatever reason the republic runs a lot more of their rated teams through pugs.

I find this to be the case. Last night after running through 3 operations we decided to run some WZs to do dalies on alts (we were on imp toons). Every match we played was against mix/max'd 4man groups (3 of the 4 matches contained 2 4man groups). The imp side the Bastion seems to gear grind Alts when rateds aren't available, pubs seem to play their min/max toons regardless. Nothing wrong with it either way and I fully support grouping in pugs.

It's funny to see the pub perspective here and see about the same number I was gonna throw up for my win ratio. Probably winning approx 80% of my regular games.

Makes me think though... someone has to be losing 80% of the time if pubs and imps are both winning 80% of the time. No wonder people rage and complain so much. Pubs run a lot of pre-mades, but fortunately... so do we, so I'm not feeling it as bad as many people are I'm sure. Not at all really... we normally beat most most pre-mades.

Why people don't group and coordinate I'll never know.

Good to see the pubs aren't hating life over there... I honestly didn't expect to see such a high number with our w/l ratio.

Fatman turned Pot5. Get *** rolled most of the time pugging by Imps.

My conclusion is that my population has always been a PvP server. People that would op to play on a PvP server are already naturally leaning to Imperial cus they are evil facks. With the higher population on the damn dirty Imp side they had more PvP games over the last year (The que pops were against themselves)

More matches=more comms=better gear.

Although the recent PvP armor changes in 1.6 seem to be slowly but surely closing the gear gap for Imp vs. Rep.

Pugging the pvp daliy means losing 4 matches, its rare that win streaks happen... but they do happen.

I love beating the imp premades with pugs but it also helps if you have teammates from known guilds ie Don't Panic, Synergy, Hey I'm NOT MVP, etc. It only becomes a nightmare when you have some of the unknown guilds even I didn't know existed on the Pubs usually sporting PvE armor (I swear I'm seeing more of them daily).

But after rateds die down we still need to do our dailies on alts so I'll solo queue for a bit and usually see the W/L ratio about 60% wins and 40% losses but on huttball it's usually 80-20% with imps usually winning that one. Pub PUGs just seem to want to teamdeath match that one. I do however notice the imp premades abuse the bubble stun more than the pubs, but that is in their nature so it's to be expected.

Edited by Purpleshizam

For whatever reason the republic runs a lot more of their rated teams through pugs.

So that explains it... Also, in reply to the OP, the Republic tends to be the victor in pvp. What I've noticed is I'll see a lot of the same group of people fighting pub side, and what I've quoted explains why.

Poor imps, we just want eternal domination. At least I'm leveling a Scoundrel :rolleyes:

I only play during the morning and daytime and from my experience, it's pretty even - there are days where we (Republic) win more often than not and there are other days where we get repeatedly thrashed.

From a Republic perspective, we don't usually chat about our strategy before a match so each one starts a little blind as to what will happen, but usually if you have a couple guys from the same guild, your chances are better since they'll have some sort of strategy. I used to play on Infinite Empire and right around when pre-season 1 started, the Empire dominated every WZ and we were lucky to get a win a day, but it's much more even here from my experience.

Who the hell is losing so much? Don't worry about us Imps... we're doing just fine.

I normally finish my weekly in no more than 11 games.

I'm not say the Empire is losing all the time, I'm just saying that if we're up against pubs, there's a likelihood that the pubs will win. I manage to get my weekly done within 2ish days.

I love beating the imp premades with pugs but it also helps if you have teammates from known guilds ie Don't Panic, Synergy, Hey I'm NOT MVP, etc. It only becomes a nightmare when you have some of the unknown guilds even I didn't know existed on the Pubs usually sporting PvE armor (I swear I'm seeing more of them daily).

But after rateds die down we still need to do our dailies on alts so I'll solo queue for a bit and usually see the W/L ratio about 60% wins and 40% losses but on huttball it's usually 80-20% with imps usually winning that one. Pub PUGs just seem to want to teamdeath match that one. I do however notice the imp premades abuse the bubble stun more than the pubs, but that is in their nature so it's to be expected.

i play the pvp on both sides so i can say this honestly from what i know...excluding rated wz's if u get a group of imps that are geared and know what to do 99% of the time imps will win..even facing premades from gulds that you name with equal gear..

i seen this happen from being on my sin and winning..also being on my sage losing with said guilds..i'm not trying to insult anybody with the statement..just from what i seen pubs can fight good if they in a zerg or big group..if you catch a pub alone in a wz 1 vs 1 situation they dont know how to handle it or fight..they will try to run to team instead of fighting it out..

every pub isn't like this they have some that will fight you no matter what but about 90% of geared pubs will only fight you in a wz when they know they have the advantage..this can be said from imp side also..i see it more on pub side..believe me i dont like imp side better than pub..i trash talk both factions in a wz..

lastly when both teams are equal in gear and 1 side wins..then it came down to your skills..if your personal skills are not that good..then no amount of gear will close that gap ever..

Edited by Xertasian

Makes me think though... someone has to be losing 80% of the time if pubs and imps are both winning 80% of the time. No wonder people rage and complain so much

the people losing 80% of the time is often which side doesn't have the pre-made. I mean, I would say that I win at least 75-85% of wz's on on my rep as well as my imp because I am usually queuing in pre-mades on both sides, which does give an edge. However when I am queuing solo I generally find that I win 60-75% of games on my rep, while only winning about 40-55% of solo games on my imp

Honestly I go PUBBING on the republic side and I win at least 2/3's of the time. There is no specific guild that is better that I've noticed, just players here and there.

Speaking of, if there is a PVP guild looking for another, message me on Privilege in game. I'm currently looking for a PVP guild.

Who the hell is losing so much? Don't worry about us Imps... we're doing just fine.

I normally finish my weekly in no more than 11 games.

The solo queuers. Though you'd have to figure the win/loss ratio of each side's solo queuers are probably pretty similar.

-Dawt

The solo queuers. Though you'd have to figure the win/loss ratio of each side's solo queuers are probably pretty similar.

-Dawt

From a solo queuer, I don't think it is the people that go in alone. I've noticed the cause of most losses lately have been because of a bad premade dragging the group down. Bad players are bad, simply put, and I've noticed that they group together. Going in by myself I finished my weekly in 12 games yesterday.

Oh, and that Civil War game we played earlier was pretty fun...ha