Want to get more 306 pieces? Lower your iRating to 305 or less.

NogueiraA

That's right, after more than 5 hours farming stealth RR MM with 3 other friends we tested it and everyone was getting way more 306 when we lowered our iRating.

Before you "iT'S rnG BrUh loL", test it for yourself and see.

I did notice this while leveling. There may be something in the code designed to help you get better item levels while leveling. Any of these last minute test server changes are liable to have a lot of unexpected effects, lol.

That's right, after more than 5 hours farming stealth RR MM with 3 other friends we tested it and everyone was getting way more 306 when we lowered our iRating.

I cant attest to how it feels at 305, but i gotta say it is pretty disappointing how lil 306 u get at 306. Getting worse gear most of the time than what u have is just dumb.

I got to 301 fairly fast. I went to 282 in a single day and then went from 282 to 301 in another single day. Then it took another entire day to reach 302. I have to say I was very put off when last night I did an entire evening of play doing countless FPs and didn't go up even a single point. I have done maybe 10 FPS at 302 and haven't gotten a single piece of 306 yet - although I do admit MMs were simply not popping and I think they were all vet.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. When I first hit 304 or so, I was getting a lot of 306 gear. Now that I have multiple alts at gear rating 306, I rarely get the item rating, it's usually between 302-305. Will test this next time I log in, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was coded this way intentionally. Not only to help players get to 306 in a timely manner, but also to slow the horizontal leveling once at 306.

I got to 301 fairly fast. I went to 282 in a single day and then went from 282 to 301 in another single day. Then it took another entire day to reach 302. I have to say I was very put off when last night I did an entire evening of play doing countless FPs and didn't go up even a single point. I have done maybe 10 FPS at 302 and haven't gotten a single piece of 306 yet - although I do admit MMs were simply not popping and I think they were all vet.

Try using the vendor on the fleet to replace your lower end items. I ran into a similar bottleneck, dropped ~1500 tech frags or so to clear out my lower end items and was able to hit 306 pretty quick!

This is quality forum content. Will test this out. Thanks for heads up.

My guess is that it's less an intentional design choice and more a result of this:

For all random loot rolls, the game has a chance of dropping: Up to a 2 ilvl upgrade, a lateral drop, a 2 ilvl downgrade.

While increasing, the upgrade is favored. (From my experience, this is the case)

When you hit 306, the 2ilvl upgrade is no longer available, but the game doesn't re-adjust the odds to favor lateral drops.

Hmm... I tested this. Not sure what to make with the result.

Previously I got 302 to 306 pieces.

But lowering my iRating I got 296 ~ 304 pieces 95% time. Only two loot gave me 306 armoring.

I did about 8 mmfp + 2 vet fp.

FYI, you don’t need to wear the lower gear when fighting. Only need to put it on before you actually loot the boss. Also make sure you also remove your tactical before you loot. So far I’ve better results, even on vet mode.

Don't forget to equip your lucky socks too.

LMAO 😂

Well, after running RR on master mode many, many times to test this theory, I’m still not convinced it works.

But I had not been getting as much or any 306 stuff till I started to do it. Once I started to do it, either it broke my bad luck cycle or it sort of works (maybe) because I was getting lots of 306 stuff (and yes, still getting those annoying tanks set bonus stuff on my deception sin).

Then we tested it by not removing our gear or tactical’s before we looted. It seemed to have very little impact. Maybe 1 or 2 less pieces of 306, but still more than I was getting till we tested the OPs theory.

To make things more interesting to see if we could break the “bad luck” or trick the “broken” set bonus system from dropping tanks stuff on our deception sins, we respect to tank for one run (which was funny in full dps gear). Of course we got normal tank gear as expected, but also got tank set bonus item.

We switched back to deception and made sure the toggle was on deception. After doing more MM runs, the only set bonus stuff that dropped was “preservers” gear, which is tank stuff for Sins.

This has now been happening for 4;weeks to both my wife and myself. It’s either preserver gear or generic gear, but tank gear drops way more,

My only conclusion is it’s busted or working as intended.

If it’s working as intended, I’ll be considering unsubbing as it’s not fair that tanks get their set bonus drop, but dps don’t.

If it’s busted, then Bioware better bloody fix it with this next patch or once again, we’ll be considering unsubbing.

I’ve test 30 MM flash points now. I can say categorically it makes no difference doing this if you are already 306.

But, it may make a difference to do it once if all you get every flashpoint is 302-304. It’s possible the RNG gets “stuck”, for a better work, and doing it once fixes it.

I’ve test 30 MM flash points now. I can say categorically it makes no difference doing this if you are already 306.

But, it may make a difference to do it once if all you get every flashpoint is 302-304. It’s possible the RNG gets “stuck”, for a better work, and doing it once fixes it.

Loot is determined the moment u kill something. I know this cause once i forgot to put on relics when i was full 306, and got 270 greens XD. Imagine my surprise.

so you end up disassembling most of the lower ilvl gear you get at 306, giving you tons of the currency to go buy gear that should be at 306 just like you...

...seems like that's what you do at 306.

Not quite. First of all I've not noticed much different myself between being at 305 or 306 but you are correct that at 306 you do deconstruct a lot of gear...not to get gear that's 306 rating but to get set bonus pieces and tacticals. Set bonus pieces need to be mooded. So then the point is to get the mods you want for those set bonus pieces. I have a tab full of em.

What irks me is the amplifier system. I just pick whatever comes first that's at least purple and useful for my toon and then leave it at that. The amplifier hobby is way too expensive but you can of cours find mods in gear that already has a nice amplifier, so it's also good to look out for those.

Especially since I found out that not all mods of the same type can get the same amplifiers. Some mods even of the same type I found can give you bonuses on crit for crafting for example but others of teh same type cannot. So they give efficiency for example. That's an expensive lesson I had to learn. So all in all that's the sort of things you want to look for at 306 gear rating.

Edited by Tsillah

I had already decided to unsub after the pseudo-ninja change on item-refunding, but reading this thread literally makes me wanna cry of agony. There are no proper words for either the business policy or the code qualitiy beyond this whole gearing phenomenon.