Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Someone educate me how 6.0 will not kill the cartel market

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Someone educate me how 6.0 will not kill the cartel market

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
09.14.2019 , 07:34 PM | #1
I've been testing on PTS and brought over with me Tau's Lightsaber off the cartel market. It was already augmented, and had a crystal off the market. I like it just like many other things off the CM.

But the gear drops I'm getting for upgraded weapons in 6.0 are non-moddable. No slots to rip stuff out of to stick in my happy little Tau's Lightsaber (ditto the augmented legacy gear I'm hauling around).

I can't use the stupid stuff because there's no mods to rip out, and crap on fleet of the level 70 mod vendor there is 220.

What am I missing here?
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
09.14.2019 , 08:33 PM | #2
In five runs of veteran mode hammer station, on a tank, between the gear I earned and promptly deconstructed, I got about four drops that were actually item modifications. One was a green premium rating 270-something Warding mod (so good for me) and one lethal A (pretty useless to everyone) and two Versatile armorings (not useful for a tank). So the vast majority were unmoddable drops, 4 modifications out of the five runs. Itís possible that harder content would have more. Itís also possible that when I get higher than item rating 274 stuff Iíll start seeing more mod drops. Finally, I wonder if itís intended at these low levels because of the change to set boni. With the set boni now being on the shells, I bet the devs think youíre not really going to be needing item modifications until you are actually in the new shells. I donít have any set pieces in what Iíve looted so far, so I can only assume set bonus shells are only going to drop in harder content. For the record, I actually donít expect to get a legendary set bonus shell every boss in a veteran mode flashpoint. But, I did win the loot roll on a tactical item in my fifth run last boss that is perfect for a Darkness Assassin which is what I was playing. So clearly you can get legendary items with easier content.

In other words, yeah, I think the devs intend for you to use the unmoddable stuff for a while. The only other way is to use crafted item modifications which are not really available on test right now.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
09.14.2019 , 08:38 PM | #3
I just ran PTS with a friend through Hammer Station and got a Preserver's Chestguard, 272, my current (unmoddable) chestguard was 274, so I ripped out the stuff from the chestguard and stuck in my legacy gear belt that copied over from Live. I got a few mod drops, for the first time ever, running with someone through there.

All the time I've been gettting drops, that was the first time I got mods, but I'm still walking around with a CM saber that's not fully modded to the new stuff, still have an old 244 hilt, but I"m not giving up my Tau saber even though I have two other (unmoddable) saber drops in my inventory rated higher.

We have to plow through uncountable runs of those flashpoints to make the CM weapons meaningful to use.
God knows when I'll get a hilt drop.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
09.14.2019 , 09:13 PM | #4
CM weapon use under the current system has become limited for me because grinding out weapons for each mirror Alt is a pain. So Iím only using legacy bound weapons instead. Which is sad because Iíve pages and pages of expensive CM weapons opened up.
6.0 will make this worse than it is now and will reduce peopleís inclination to buy CM weapons unless Bioware plan to introduce an outfit option for weapons soon.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Elessara's Avatar


Elessara
09.14.2019 , 09:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I just ran PTS with a friend through Hammer Station and got a Preserver's Chestguard, 272, my current (unmoddable) chestguard was 274, so I ripped out the stuff from the chestguard and stuck in my legacy gear belt that copied over from Live. I got a few mod drops, for the first time ever, running with someone through there.

All the time I've been gettting drops, that was the first time I got mods, but I'm still walking around with a CM saber that's not fully modded to the new stuff, still have an old 244 hilt, but I"m not giving up my Tau saber even though I have two other (unmoddable) saber drops in my inventory rated higher.

We have to plow through uncountable runs of those flashpoints to make the CM weapons meaningful to use.
God knows when I'll get a hilt drop.
I haven't looked at the PTS so I don't know what crafting will be like for 6.0 ... or if they've even put crafted items for 6.0 on the PTS. But maybe crafting will another avenue to get mods/hilts/etc.? It would be a step towards making crafting relevant again.

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
09.14.2019 , 09:39 PM | #6
The simplest solution would be to include weapons in outfitter as Totem noted.

A less acceptable alternative, but one I would stomach, is if you are guaranteed decent mods, including hilts or barrels as appropriate, upon completion of standard quests as you progress through the main story.

Including weapons in outfitter is, of course, preferable.

Dasty

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
09.14.2019 , 09:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
The simplest solution would be to include weapons in outfitter as Totem noted.

A less acceptable alternative, but one I would stomach, is if you are guaranteed decent mods, including hilts or barrels as appropriate, upon completion of standard quests as you progress through the main story.

Including weapons in outfitter is, of course, preferable.

Dasty
No, the simplest solution would be for them to make all of the new weapons modded so we can rip out those mods and use them in our CM weapons. Something they should have thought about from the beginning. They said that they have heard the requests for cosmetic weapon slots, but they've also said that it's not an easy task nor one that will be coming with 6.0. So the simplest solution is for all of the new weapons to be modded.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
09.14.2019 , 10:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
No, the simplest solution would be for them to make all of the new weapons modded so we can rip out those mods and use them in our CM weapons. Something they should have thought about from the beginning. They said that they have heard the requests for cosmetic weapon slots, but they've also said that it's not an easy task nor one that will be coming with 6.0. So the simplest solution is for all of the new weapons to be modded.
Well sure -- but we can play shoulda, coulda, woulda 'til the nerflings come home. I'm trying to come up with practical solutions that can be readily implemented. If what you say about Weapon Outfitter is true (and I believe you), then...

Rather than recode all the junk items they are spewing at us (which we are just going to turn into tech fragments regardless) -- just make sure the standard quest rewards, notably while leveling, are worthwhile if weapon outfitter is so hard to implement. Obviously then, it also becomes a question of mods, hilts, barrels, etc., dropping at appropriate, particularly max Ilvls, but that was always going to be the case.

Dasty

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
09.14.2019 , 10:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
just make sure the standard quest rewards are worthwhile if weapon outfitter is so hard to implement. Obviously then, it also becomes a question of mods, hilts, barrels, etc., dropping at appropriate, particularly max Ilvls, but that was always going to be the case.
Apologies to Steve for borrowing their Hat of Cynicism, but I think we're more likely to see cosmetic weapons slots with 6.0 than to see worthwhile, appropriate drops. I'm willing to wait and see what happens with the next SoW update, and hopefully I'll be surprised. I was getting rather tired of getting nothing but tank gear (the one role I absolutely do not play) on my lit sorc.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Hawkebatt's Avatar


Hawkebatt
09.14.2019 , 10:21 PM | #10
adding amplifiers to all CM gear and weapon shells end.
You will get modifiable gear closer to 306.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.